Author Topic: Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Outside...  (Read 3302 times)

Jennifer in Ottawa

• Stubble
Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Outside...
« on: June 24, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/after-success-of-food-trucks-u-s-fashion-trucks-now-hitting-the-road-1.1880794

If you won't go to the stores, the stores will come to you.  At lunchtime.

boyerbt

• Bristles
Re: Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Outside...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 06:21:19 AM »
These are starting to pop up everywhere as I have recently seen them in Denver and my Boss' daughter works on one of these trucks in LA. These trucks won't be getting any money from me as I only buy clothes when I absolutely need to but I think it is a cool idea and a cheap entrance into the clothing market without a true brick and mortar store. 

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »
"Curvy Chix Chariot" . . . that's pure gold right there.

One of the housekeepers at work has been making more money from her evening/weekend food truck (she makes Guatemalan food and has a spot to set up at the big soccer tournament complex) than she has at her day job for many years.  The only reason she says she keeps her day job is for the benefits.

So, if these ladies are able to make a mint by selling clothing out of a van, I say more power to them.

EricL

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »
Yep, sounds totally anti-mustachian - for the shoppers.  But for the truck owners it may add up to a full handlebar.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
I admire the entrepreneurial spirit. My guess is that it is the strip mall owners that are going to be the most upset by this. I love the post by Zamboni about his/her work's housekeeper that has a food truck.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!