Author Topic: It's just so hard being rich  (Read 6489 times)

druth

• Bristles

Dezrah

• Bristles
Re: It's just so hard being rich
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »
Meh.

Sounds like a busy woman who is aware of how busy life is for her and her family.  Maybe she's happy that way, maybe she's not.  Maybe her kids are happy, maybe their not.  I got the vibe she was humble-bragging more than complaining.  Not enough information in this paragraph to Judge her regardless.

If this post was on reddit, I'm very scared for this woman.  This out-of-context statement in an out-of-context magazine is enough to fuel baffling levels of misogyny and vitriol.  Harassment is scary regardless of net worth.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:28:28 PM »
I hope the kids turn out okay. I LOVE being at home with my family - all of us.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:48:26 PM »
That's some Onion-worthy writing.

Yeah, it's complete humble-bragging.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:37:42 AM »
Why does this women have children at all? She obviously thinks they are a lot of hassle as their holidays as crashing with her career.

Can't she just pay the nannies to go on holiday with the boys?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 09:16:25 AM »
Last night, the bedtime routine for our two children (4 and 2) took from 7:45 to 10:20. I think my wife and I are doing something wrong. Need to hire more London Nannies/tutors to throw at the problem.

sleepyguy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 11:38:55 AM »
I never understood that... have all the money in the world to spend LESS time with loves ones... huh?!?

My GF family side is pretty wealthy and all i hear at table talk at her parents house is "abc has a nanny here, dog walker there, golf coach here, tennis coach there, tutor here... all for their kids... goes on and on".  I got fed up one dinner and said "what is the point of having kids when you outsource everything and take the joy out of raising them"?  Yeah... I wasn't popular on that day, haha!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:24:18 AM by sleepyguy »

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 01:13:45 PM »
I never understood that... have all the money in the world to spend LESS time with loves ones... huh?!?

My GF family side if pretty wealthy and all i hear at table talk at her parents house is "abc has a nanny here, dog walker there, golf coach here, tennis coach there, tutor here... all for their kids... goes on and on".  I got fed up one dinner and said "what is the point of having kids when you outsource everything and take the joy out of raising them"?  Yeah... I wasn't popular on that day, haha!
Dude you're on a roll here. Don't give up that bad guy reputation with the GF's family, especially if they are future in-law material. Be the bad guy and they won't ask you for help or favors or anything. I've got 11 years of this. The eldest son-in-law of my in-laws is always the go-to-guy because he's nice and willing to help, and then he bitches to me about the in-laws hustling him for help. I'm serious, this ain't no joke.

druth

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 08:55:28 PM »
Last night, the bedtime routine for our two children (4 and 2) took from 7:45 to 10:20. I think my wife and I are doing something wrong. Need to hire more London Nannies/tutors to throw at the problem.

Clearly you aren't like "most working mothers" (who also happen to also be "Kazakh oil billionaires").

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »

My GF family side if pretty wealthy and all i hear at table talk at her parents house is "abc has a nanny here, dog walker there, golf coach here, tennis coach there, tutor here... all for their kids... goes on and on".  I got fed up one dinner and said "what is the point of having kids when you outsource everything and take the joy out of raising them"?  Yeah... I wasn't popular on that day, haha!

There are plenty of things that children do that I occasionally outsource.

Giro

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 07:37:03 AM »
Although I do think she is over the top, I also think that it's okay to have a life outside of your children as well.  It's balance.

I love my daughter, but I love myself and my interests just as much. 

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 11:30:49 AM »
The thing about being married to a billionnaire is you're not really working. You have a hobby that may even be generating revenue, but your quality of life is disconnected from the income you bring home. It sounds a lot like you FIRE mustachians, actually.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 03:02:46 PM »
The thing about being married to a billionnaire is you're not really working. You have a hobby that may even be generating revenue, but your quality of life is disconnected from the income you bring home. It sounds a lot like you FIRE mustachians, actually.

Marrying a billionaire is probably one of the fastest/ most time efficient ways to fire. One could do this at 18, or even earlier with a liitle bit of hard work!

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 05:39:29 PM »

Marrying a billionaire is probably one of the fastest/ most time efficient ways to fire. One could do this at 18, or even earlier with a liitle bit of hard work!

Those who marry for money end up earning every penny.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 04:53:55 AM »

Those who marry for money end up earning every penny.

In the long run, we are all paid by the hour.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »
Also there are no schools in all of Milan.

https://i.redditmedia.com/uBmB6orEkYYdXJ1zP4pynGRFjL2HamF8nxlT4zYwUh4.jpg?w=576&s=5ed3da359c811446a4b097b96435885d
And clearly a child who has a private nanny and a private tutor NEEDS a school. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!