Author Topic: If I pay for your content, will you promise to run spellcheck? Pretty please?  (Read 2520 times)

ShavenLlama

• Stubble
So the OC Register has decided to charge for content. Because people who don't subscribe shouldn't be blessed with the in-depth, hard-charging coverage that the paying people get.

So for $2 a DAY, you can read the OCR's website! That's only $10 a week if you need to kill time at work! A bargain at $520 a year! But wait, if you really read it all week, how about $7 for 7 days? Now you're looking at the sweet bargain of $364 for the year!

This, from a website that has only slightly fewer grammatical and spelling errors than a Yahoo! article. A website that lets you know there was a car accident on the 22 fwy, so you know to go check the TV station websites if you want actual information.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/register-502037-access-online.html

Or, you can join the MMM forums for free and smugly judge such silliness. 

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
When our local paper hid behind a paywall, I discovered two other interesting (free) alternatives. 

Sure, I can't read the big newspaper's daily "Help!" column or the weekly "Ocean Watch" column, but it turns out that I don't miss them enough to pay for them.