Author Topic: I don't think she has enough  (Read 9257 times)

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
I don't think she has enough
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:11:03 AM »

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
Re: I don't think she has enough
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »
Oh that is priceless!  People who obsess about saving money (through sales pricing) usually spend a lot of time in the store! 
This is hoarders or couponers  gone  wild!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:01:57 PM by goldielocks »

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
I wanted to get fired up about this woman and her tree then I remembered it was her right to pile the tree with gifts, it would take time from my 'staching to criticize her and it was her $$ to waste...I am more upset with my local Safeway for having the sorriest Asian food I had had in a long time....

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
Her attempt to defend her position only made it worse:  That was supposed to be a picture of the tree, not the presents!  The kids only get 85 presents each!  I'm 35, not 27. 

Alabaster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 12:06:14 AM »
I wanted to get fired up about this woman and her tree then I remembered it was her right to pile the tree with gifts, it would take time from my 'staching to criticize her and it was her $$ to waste...I am more upset with my local Safeway for having the sorriest Asian food I had had in a long time....

What's this? I agree with someone on the internet?! Surely, not!

Josiecat

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »
Now that those kids are used to getting that many presents, they will expect it every year.  She's creating a monster.  Entirely too much. 

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 08:24:18 AM »
Now that those kids are used to getting that many presents, they will expect it every year.  She's creating a monster.  Entirely too much.
Dudley Dursley:  36 presents?  Last year I had 37! 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »
Dudley Dursley:  36 presents?  Last year I had 37!

Well played!

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »
"Emma Tapping is a UK-based blogger and mom of three. She mostly blogs about saving money and getting deals"

Bwahahaha!!  I think we may have all been conned?  Certainly she must be getting some decent Google ad-sense money this month.  What sort of person blogs "about saving money" and yet tags their own photo #shopaholic? 

Geostache

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:13 AM »
"Emma Tapping is a UK-based blogger and mom of three. She mostly blogs about saving money and getting deals"

Bwahahaha!!  I think we may have all been conned?  Certainly she must be getting some decent Google ad-sense money this month.  What sort of person blogs "about saving money" and yet tags their own photo #shopaholic?

I think that 'saving money' in this sense is not how we would define it here on the forums, especially when partnered with 'getting deals.' By that one entry, it would appear that 'saving money' is defined as 'paying less than full retail on a bunch of consumer crap I don't really need.'

AH013

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »

I think that 'saving money' in this sense is not how we would define it here on the forums, especially when partnered with 'getting deals.' By that one entry, it would appear that 'saving money' is defined as 'paying less than full retail on a bunch of consumer crap I don't really need.'

+1.  Haven't you existed in our society long enough to know "saving money" to the lay person means getting those designer shoes for 30% off?

DragonSlayer

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »
There are plenty of people who have "saved" their way straight into bankruptcy by chasing deals. Aside from just the daily stuff like stalking the clearance aisle at Target, these are people who "save" $5,000 on a $50,000 car and think they got a great deal.   

Hunny156

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »
She was featured on Good Morning America a few weeks ago, when this post first went viral.  She backtracked by explaining that a lot of the gifts were necessities that she only buys once/year, like shampoo and perfume for the kids.  By the time she was done, she was insinuating that nearly every gift was a need, presented as a gift once/year.  The reporters all nodded in agreement.

I think at one point, she stated that she had only spent about $3K for the whole lot of gifts.  The reporters all conceded that wasn't a ton of money to spend, and maybe she was just guilty of over-wrapping.  Umm, ok!!

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »
I call that "spaving".  Spending to save. 

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »
There are plenty of people who have "saved" their way straight into bankruptcy by chasing deals. Aside from just the daily stuff like stalking the clearance aisle at Target, these are people who "save" $5,000 on a $50,000 car and think they got a great deal.

But... the more you spend, the more you save!

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »
OK, unless the bottle is shaped like Darth Vader or something insanely cool, gift wrapping shampoo for your kids is a whole other level of insanity which needs to be addressed. 

Josiecat

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »
Somehow I don't believe her cover story.  Why in the world would you wrap shampoo and stuff?  I think she's lying.