Author Topic: I cleaned out an employee's vehicle to find...  (Read 12659 times)

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
I cleaned out an employee's vehicle to find...
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
… A shitload of POISON!

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
Re: I cleaned out an employee's vehicle to find...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »
… A shitload of POISON!

Gross!  Why did you clean out your employee's car?

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »
… A shitload of POISON!

It's a company work truck and he had to take a leave of absence on short notice due to family issues.  Oh and these were only the "Energy" drinks, there were also bottles of water, soda, ice tea, gatorade etc

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 07:37:40 PM »
At least I'll make some cash returning the bottles, lol

Lordy

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »
In Germany this would be almost $30 in cash refund (0.25 EUR per can).

LeRainDrop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 08:46:18 PM »
At least I'll make some cash returning the bottles, lol

Haha!  Do it!

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
In Germany this would be almost $30 in cash refund (0.25 EUR per can).

I've been to Germany, loved the automated bottle return systems they had there.  Haven't seen one here in Canada before.  Cans are only .05 - .10 CAD here, but it still adds up :)

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache

flamingo25

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 09:48:31 PM »
Yikes! I've only drank red bull once in my life and that was enough.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 07:11:23 AM »
We would always get several energy drink companies marketing their stuff and giving freebies away to competitors at the bigger Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.  Tried a few out.  Meh.  I don't see what the fuss is about.  It's just kinda gross and gets you wired for a short period of time.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 07:27:33 AM »
I also tried Red Bull once.  It literally made me gag.

AmandaS1989

• Handlebar Stache
  • Ferocious Accounting Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »
The smell is just awful. When I worked at Lowe's contractors would come in early in the morning and get all their supplies and a few cans of red bull as well. I have no idea how they drink that crap.

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
  • As heavy as it needs to be to make you stronger
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »
An acquaintance of mine has the Monster energy drink logo tattooed on his arm.  He isn't affiliated with the company in any way other than liking the product.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »
The other side of it is these are varying sizes and brands of energy drinks which makes it likely they were purchased individually at convenience stores and gas stations.  With the amount that's here plus the bottled water and cans of soda not pictured that i found, the cost could be over $600 at a gas station till.  They had the truck for 6 months, meaning they could have been spending $100 a month or more on drinks from gas stations.  I don't need to tell you what that looks like after 10 years at 7%, but i will anyway - $17,200!  I should be buying stock in RedBull (yeah i know it's not a public company)

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »
Too bad it wasn't Brawndo (it's got electrolytes!)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
Too bad it wasn't Brawndo (it's got electrolytes!)

That's a classic . . .

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 10:06:27 PM »
I thought it was real poison! The thumbnail looked like test tubes with dark liquid in them at first glance.

Capt Stubble

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »
Red Bull mixes nicely with vodka, so if you ever need to stay up late drinking after not getting much sleep the night before...problem solved.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 12:57:10 AM »
We would always get several energy drink companies marketing their stuff and giving freebies away to competitors at the bigger Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.  Tried a few out.  Meh.  I don't see what the fuss is about.  It's just kinda gross and gets you wired for a short period of time.

The fuss is probably a chemical dependency acquired over time.   Red bull is nasty, but so is coffee the first time you try it.  Still, if you just need energy, I'm pretty sure coffee is cheaper.

StockBeard

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 06:23:49 PM »
One interesting fact about Red Bull is that it tastes basically the same when you throw it up.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 06:25:30 PM »
One interesting fact about Red Bull is that it tastes basically the same when you throw it up.

Gross!!  (Though I am laughing, too.)

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2015, 08:31:23 AM »
I drank monster at about that rate in college and tripled my intake during finals week. The first one is horrible, but when you have to choose between sleep and grades, sacrifices are made. High stress + low self-awareness = bad decisions.
That being said, I have since reduced my addiction to two, 12oz cups of coffee a day (which I make at home and bring to work in a thermos). Costs less than $10/month at my current rate of consumption and I am still trying to cut that back to no caffeine.

Mr Money Mutton Chops

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
I drank monster at about that rate in college and tripled my intake during finals week. The first one is horrible, but when you have to choose between sleep and grades, sacrifices are made. High stress + low self-awareness = bad decisions.
That being said, I have since reduced my addiction to two, 12oz cups of coffee a day (which I make at home and bring to work in a thermos). Costs less than $10/month at my current rate of consumption and I am still trying to cut that back to no caffeine.

Coffee is so much safer than energy drinks anyway, so you're probably also saving a ton of money on medical treatments. Good luck getting rid of the last bit of the addiction too.

KittyFooFoo

• Stubble
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »

Coffee is so much safer than energy drinks anyway, so you're probably also saving a ton of money on medical treatments. Good luck getting rid of the last bit of the addiction too.

[citation needed]

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 10:57:31 AM »

[citation needed]

It's not the most scientific, but two observations (I don't drink coffee or energy drinks BTW):

1. Energy drinks all seem to be plastered with health warnings - don't use if pregnant, if you have any medical conditions, etc. These are mysteriously absent from any coffee I've ever seen.
2. I'm not aware of people ending up in emergency rooms from drinking too much coffee, yet it seems to happen with those drinks, especially when people mix them with alcohol.

pucksr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
Wtf? Energy drinks are "dangerous" because of caffeine. Pregnant women shouldn't have caffeine, people with medical conditions shouldn't have caffeine, people shouldn't mix alcohol with caffeine.

You know where almost all caffeine comes from? Coffee! Pregnant women shouldn't drink coffee. People with certain medical conditions shouldn't drink coffee,etc

The biggest problem with energy drinks is either sugar/artificial sweetener. That can exist in coffee too, but they aren't any more dangerous than any other soda pop+ a cup of coffee

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »
My experience in university was that getting loaded up on caffeine helped me stay awake.  It also hurt my ability to learn and then made the next day miserable and made me more prone to errors.  By final year it became clear that cramming didn't really help as much as a good night's sleep.  But YMMV.

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
Wtf? Energy drinks are "dangerous" because of caffeine. Pregnant women shouldn't have caffeine, people with medical conditions shouldn't have caffeine, people shouldn't mix alcohol with caffeine.

You know where almost all caffeine comes from? Coffee! Pregnant women shouldn't drink coffee. People with certain medical conditions shouldn't drink coffee,etc

The biggest problem with energy drinks is either sugar/artificial sweetener. That can exist in coffee too, but they aren't any more dangerous than any other soda pop+ a cup of coffee

yeah I don't get all the scare-mongering over energy drinks. It's soda with caffeine, big whoop. Banning the sale of energy drinks with caffeine but allowing the same place to sell me a vodka shot and a cup of coffee with twice the caffeine content is some of the most moronic legislation of late.

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
My experience in university was that getting loaded up on caffeine helped me stay awake.  It also hurt my ability to learn and then made the next day miserable and made me more prone to errors.  By final year it became clear that cramming didn't really help as much as a good night's sleep.  But YMMV.

I remember freshman year, washing down caffeine pills with coffee so I could stay up all night studying for an exam. When it was actually time to take the test, my hands were shaking so badly I could barely write in the blue book.

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2015, 06:44:00 AM »

yeah I don't get all the scare-mongering over energy drinks. It's soda with caffeine, big whoop. Banning the sale of energy drinks with caffeine but allowing the same place to sell me a vodka shot and a cup of coffee with twice the caffeine content is some of the most moronic legislation of late.

From what I experienced, the B vitamins and sugar caused more problems than the caffeine did. I started to have kidney issues by year 4 and it would take nearly two gallons of water a day to keep my system flushed. An energy drink is about as dangerous as three equally sized containers of soda, and when you are drinking them in abundance the problems stack up.

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2015, 06:45:54 AM »

I remember freshman year, washing down caffeine pills with coffee so I could stay up all night studying for an exam. When it was actually time to take the test, my hands were shaking so badly I could barely write in the blue book.
That's about where I ended up. I would do the all-night cramming two days before the test and spend the day before drinking a lot of water to clean out my system while reading my notes from the cram session. A good night's sleep was always more effective than staying up to study. My logic was "If I don't know it by now, depriving myself of more sleep isn't going to teach me."
Of course, it took until halfway through my 4th year in school to figure that out.

Iron Mike Sharpe

• Bristles
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2015, 11:52:37 AM »

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:56 AM »
… A shitload of POISON!

It's a company work truck and he had to take a leave of absence on short notice due to family issues.  Oh and these were only the "Energy" drinks, there were also bottles of water, soda, ice tea, gatorade etc

Holy crapola!  There's about 110 cans there.  How long did he have the truck for? 

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »

Was hanging out with some college kids. Gave one a taste. Honestly - it tastes a little like soap to me. No thanks...

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 09:54:44 PM »

Was hanging out with some college kids. Gave one a taste. Honestly - it tastes a little like soap to me. No thanks...
[/quote
The secret ingredient is cilantro

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »
I would not have guessed that.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Never tried any  energy drinks, but I did give "Jolt Cola" a go as a teen. Meh, whatever.

What I wonder though is whether the truck was fueled on a corporate account, and if so, how hard was it for him to include the food & drink purchases with the fuel cost. For better or worse, maybe he wasn't wasting his own money.

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »
My job for 3 years was to get people hooked on Red Bull... Crazy to see how overboard some people go.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 06:21:42 PM »
Never tried any  energy drinks, but I did give "Jolt Cola" a go as a teen. Meh, whatever.

What I wonder though is whether the truck was fueled on a corporate account, and if so, how hard was it for him to include the food & drink purchases with the fuel cost. For better or worse, maybe he wasn't wasting his own money.

It was on account, but he was required to keep all receipts and it's got to match up each month.  I've seen it all and don't take chances like that :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!