Author Topic: I can't even [Costs of Raising Children]  (Read 14326 times)

Maya

• Bristles
Re: I can't even [Costs of Raising Children]
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2016, 07:51:11 PM »
In Quebec the program started as $5 a day, got bumped up to $7 and now $7.55. Then this last year it got tied to income so now it's up to $20 maximum depending on what you earn based on a slinging scale.  This is for the subsidized spots.

In a non subsidized spot you still get money back based on your salary so depending on the cost of the daycare spot and what your earn I think it works out to $20 a day for most people.

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2016, 07:53:43 PM »
If you wanted to calculate want it costs in quebec here's the calculator

http://www.budget.finances.gouv.qc.ca/budget/outils/garde-net-en.asp

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 12:16:25 AM »
Children are expensive.   In fact child expenses are the biggest cost of my lifetime.  From daycare to car insurance.   Education to health care.  Raising children has cost me more than any comparable expense.  That being said I hope my children decide to not have children of their own.  I really have zero desire for grandchildren.  Some people, my wife included love children and find joy raising them.  I feel the same way about pets.  We have two dogs and I hate the expense and pain in the neck of caring for an animal.  Pets are forever like infant children. They never can be left alone and you must arrange for tbeir care anytine you aren't there.  Some people love pets and I don't hate them or children.   They are just constant responsibility.