Author Topic: I Can't Believe I'm Related To These People!  (Read 10513 times)

EngGirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I Can't Believe I'm Related To These People!
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Four members of my extended family decided to drive from Ottawa to Toronto (a five hour drive in an SUV) SO THAT THEY COULD CHECK OUT THE NEW ADDITION TO THE MEGA MALL HERE. I live in Toronto, so they invited me. I tried to convince them to go somewhere (anywhere!) else while in Toronto. They were set on the mall. I decided to accompany them anyway, because it is rare that I get to see them and wanted to see them again. I took public transportation there (still recovering from bike accident where I ended up under an Escalade). They were late because they spent a half an hour circling the mall to find a parking place.

Inside was the 7th level of hell. The day featured watching them consume 12 dollar sandwiches. My personal favourite though - going to a store called Pottery Barn and finding A 32 DOLLAR PIECE OF SOAP! A 250 gram piece of black soap shaped like Scottish Terrier. After one use, I am sure that it will approximate the shape of a large turd. 32 DOLLARS! I'm surprised I didn't see other people running and screaming.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
Re: I Can't Believe I'm Related To These People!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
Now, now - that's a little bit of hyperbole, don't you think? 

It's actually a set of TWO soaps, one black and one white, for $31.59 CAD, not $32.  The website doesn't say how many grams they weigh, but I'm sure they're a good size.  And they are scented and come packaged for gifting!  Seems completely reasonable to me ...

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/gianna-rose-dog-soap-set/?pkey=e%7Cdog%7C12%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C8&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_- 

In fact, I think I can afford to pay the extra $15 for rush delivery in 2 days ...

StashinIt

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »

ruthiegirl

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
Here in the USA, $32 is only $24 so, really, you can't pass up a bargain like that! 

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
Now, now - that's a little bit of hyperbole, don't you think? 

It's actually a set of TWO soaps, one black and one white, for $31.59 CAD, not $32.  The website doesn't say how many grams they weigh, but I'm sure they're a good size.  And they are scented and come packaged for gifting!  Seems completely reasonable to me ...

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/gianna-rose-dog-soap-set/?pkey=e%7Cdog%7C12%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C8&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_- 

In fact, I think I can afford to pay the extra $15 for rush delivery in 2 days ...

OMFG.  (I don't think there's any other sane response to this.)  EngGirl, if they didn't buy it, that could be the most unintentionally hilarious gift to give for Christmas (if, you know, $31.59 + HST wouldn't feed dozens of starving children in the developing world...  But nevermind, the Scottie soap has a fresh, linen scent!)

Jamesqf

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
A 250 gram piece of black soap shaped like Scottish Terrier. After one use, I am sure that it will approximate the shape of a large turd.

But you don't actually wash with that sort of soap.  You put it in the guest bathroom as decoration, along with the pump container of liquid soap that people actually use.

EngGirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
Here in the USA, $32 is only $24 so, really, you can't pass up a bargain like that!

Actually 1 CAD = 1.0022 USD, so that 32 CAD bar of soap would cost you 32.07 USD right now my American friend. Not sure if your tax is more or less than our though. Ours is 13%. So that bar of soap would actually be 36.16 CAD.

But I see what you are getting at... what a steal!

Milkman666

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
Maybe we could start a Mustachian Slap ExchangeTM, where we could ask others on the Board here to slap our relatives for us (escalating to face punches if necessary), to save us the family strife involved with doing it ourselves!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
It would save on travel costs, too. Anyone need a central Ohio cousin or sibling facepunched?

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
A 250 gram piece of black soap shaped like Scottish Terrier. After one use, I am sure that it will approximate the shape of a large turd.

OMG.  I can't stop laughing.

liquidbanana

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 01:12:05 PM »
lol

I wouldn't doubt it if you could find an intentionally turd shaped piece of soap for $32 in some US malls. 

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »
 Wow, that is ridiculous! Love the turd comparison though. I have to admit, this story was so sickening it put me off my feed for a few and that is tough to do. :)

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 12:38:15 AM »
Maybe we could start a Mustachian Slap ExchangeTM, where we could ask others on the Board here to slap our relatives for us (escalating to face punches if necessary), to save us the family strife involved with doing it ourselves!

LOL ! If anyone is old enough to recall Monty Python, I believe there's a skit of fish-slapping dance where one slaps ones co-dancers in the face with a herring. So yeah maybe  the US mustachians  could slap each others relatives in the face with a salmon or something....

kkbmustang

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 07:47:18 AM »
Thank you for this thread. Really, thank you. After my own family drama this Thanksgiving weekend, I was a bit down in the dumps. This thread, however, actually made me smile. And the thought of a turd-shaped $32 soap made me laugh.

strider3700

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
it's much more mustachian to buy turd shaped soap then to make a dog soap into a turd soap
http://www.amazon.com/Corn-Poop-Shaped-Hand-Soap/dp/B003ATOTK0

The Taminator

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 01:29:43 PM »
Gross. Just gross.

fiveoh

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »
Sadly my wife loves this store... although she knows better than to buy a $32 mutt soap.   

kdms

• Stubble
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
it's much more mustachian to buy turd shaped soap then to make a dog soap into a turd soap
http://www.amazon.com/Corn-Poop-Shaped-Hand-Soap/dp/B003ATOTK0

I'm trying not to fall out of my chair laughing here, and all I can think of is how much time did it take you to locate this item?