Author Topic: How to waste time and money while you wait to spend your time and money.  (Read 3510 times)

AxeManMoney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Enjoyed this article about how to kill time while waiting for your table at a "no booking" restaurant in Melbourne.

Wait times can be up to 3 hours so the authors drove an hour down the coast had a beer and came back.

I'm sure this isn't meant to be taken seriously but think of the meal you could have at home if you spent the waiting time shopping, preparing and cooking. Any restaurant that takes you wait that long just because they refuse to take bookings doesn't deserve anyone's business.

AxeManMoney

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

syednaeemul

• Stubble
Ugh, and it's almost considered a badge of honour to have waited that long here. I remember when H&M opened up in the Melbourne CBD, people were in line for hours to go in and get clothing the same quality as Target / Kmart.

nnls

• Handlebar Stache
Ugh, and it's almost considered a badge of honour to have waited that long here. I remember when H&M opened up in the Melbourne CBD, people were in line for hours to go in and get clothing the same quality as Target / Kmart.

when JB hifi and Big W opened in Joondalup there were lines around the block and extra security employed even though both these stores existed about a 15 minute drive away already

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
What do people think they are going to get the first day that they can't get a week later without the hassles of the crowds?

Restaurants here are similar though the crowds are smaller - still every table full for weeks if not months until the "new" wears off. I guess I just answered my own question - something new.

Still in a larger city like Joondalup surely there are other things to do. My town is smallish and some people are just looking for an excuse to go out. Plenty to do if a person has versatile interests but so many regular folks apparently just watch TV and go shopping. 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
It's kinda cool in a way how people support new restaraunts. Though I rarely go out to eat, and even more rarely, go out to eat a fine dining establishment, I appreciate that the Twin Cities has a lot of good dining options.

Hunny156

• Bristles
Reminds me of when I lived in the exburbs of NYC and the town got their very first Petco.  I was there to support a kitty shelter that got some adoption space, but I will always remember overhearing a woman on the phone, telling her friend that it was like these people had never seen pet food before.  Indeed!!  :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!