Author Topic: Help me, I'm going to buy the Apple Watch!  (Read 56291 times)

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Help me, I'm going to buy the Apple Watch!
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
I thought of another one (aside from the Apple PocketWatch): the Apple HeadBand, or iBand.

It's a device that wraps around your head and reads your brain activity. When you are thinking of making a frivolous purchase it zaps you and then you learn Pavlov style. It can also be tuned to zap you for trying to eat something unhealthy.

Now, the big flaw with this is that once somebody buys it they'll be in for a lot of pain just walking into an Apple store.

I think the iAnklet may be a good idea too. You never know when you need to send some email, find out the time or the weather while tying your shoes or clipping your toenails.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:14:34 PM by dividendman »

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »
I'm excited for the apple spaceship. It will automatically take off, enter the asteroid field between mars and the outer solar system, land on asteroids, strip-mine them for materials; use the materials to build more strip-mining devices, repair devices, and solar-energy transmitters; the solar-energy transmitters will fly off to start forming a dyson sphere (partial - we still want the sun's energy on earth). After some time, enough material will be mined and refined, we'll have energy-gatherers and re-transmitters, wireless stations to re-broadcast signals (a la cell towers), mining robots, refineries for all sorts of materials, and repair devices for all of the above (which can manufacture all the required components as needed, including silicon). Then, we can start building space stations - Asimov had the good idea of simply filling a kilometer-thick outer hull with space garbage to prevent small objects from penetrating; they can spin, providing a feeling of gravity (everyone lives along the outside).

It will be called the iMine.

And all y'all will still be pissed they're $500 each.

:D

IndyPendent

• Stubble
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2015, 06:33:11 PM »
Tonight's the night! 12:01 am EST the watch goes on preorder. It's been tough,  especially since a large number of my colleagues are buying it, but I've decided to decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikeshollen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2015, 05:18:11 AM »
And it's available for preorder. Let the short term satisfaction begin. :-)

But seriously. I plan on getting the basic model. And I really don't feel guilty about it. I live on about a third of my paycheck (the rest is for taxes and investing). Saying yes to everything means you never leave the rat race. Saying no to everything means you never do or have anything. Neither extreme is desirable. So you have to decide what reasonable part of your budget is acceptable to use for "wussypants luxury items" and buy one on occasion.

The key here, is that you researched it for months. That tells you it's not an impulse buy. I like to make a list of extras, and then ignore the list. I go back to it every once in a while and review it. Lots of stuff I decide I don't really want and simply remove it. I reorder it. Some things move up and get purchased, some things move down in importance and I wait on them. It helps me stay within that reasonable budget I set.

And as an added bonus, when family asks me what I want for my birthday, I don't have to come up with some random crap I don't need because I still have my digital wish list on my phone, er, um... Apple Watch?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »
Good for you.  A planned purchase you decide will improve your life in some way is one of the major points of LBYM.

Not for me, but enjoy!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2015, 01:39:17 PM »
Good for you.  A planned purchase you decide will improve your life in some way is one of the major points of LBYM.

Not for me, but enjoy!

+1 -- Nice to see an upbeat and non-judgmental perspective.

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:27 PM »
I still haven't seen anyone describe why this watch will make your life better.  As you have researched this watch for months, please describe why you have come to that conclusion.  I'm curious.

And it's available for preorder. Let the short term satisfaction begin. :-)

But seriously. I plan on getting the basic model. And I really don't feel guilty about it. I live on about a third of my paycheck (the rest is for taxes and investing). Saying yes to everything means you never leave the rat race. Saying no to everything means you never do or have anything. Neither extreme is desirable. So you have to decide what reasonable part of your budget is acceptable to use for "wussypants luxury items" and buy one on occasion.

The key here, is that you researched it for months. That tells you it's not an impulse buy. I like to make a list of extras, and then ignore the list. I go back to it every once in a while and review it. Lots of stuff I decide I don't really want and simply remove it. I reorder it. Some things move up and get purchased, some things move down in importance and I wait on them. It helps me stay within that reasonable budget I set.

And as an added bonus, when family asks me what I want for my birthday, I don't have to come up with some random crap I don't need because I still have my digital wish list on my phone, er, um... Apple Watch?
Passive notification. You are alerted, in a subtle way, to truly important emails/texts/snapchats. This allows you to keep your phone in your pocket when you aren't actively using it for a deliberate purpose. No more phone on the table at dinner.

Also, the ability to use apple pay and monitor your heartrate/run distance is a great combo for street runners. Run to Jamba. Buy smoothie. All with only the watch. NFC on your wrist is cool and has lots of potential.

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »
The big thing, IMO, is that it basically offloads the distractions from your phone to your wrist, and lets you choose to ignore many/most/all of them depending on what you're doing.

If you take pride in not owning a smartphone, or not owning anything but the most basic smartphone, or hardly ever using a phone, it simply isn't for you.

If you're like many people, and constantly either A) missing notifications or B) being distracted by notifications and having to fish around for your phone to answer whatever just came in, it's actually quite nice.

Tap tap. You know those taps are a text. Flick your wrist up: it's from your friend asking what's up. You're busy; your wrist goes down. That's it. Later on, your answer it. Tap tap, your SO is asking something. Dictate your response. Done. You get the point. It's also a better replacement device during certain situations - let's be honest, a lot of people text while they drive, we can't stop them apart from ticketing them whenever possible; I'd rather those people dictated to their wrist than put a big screen between their eyes and the road...

I don't use my phone in a manner where this would be necessary for me, but I do really see it. A lot of people are too distracted by their phone, this promises to be, if not a cure, at least part of one.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
Despite all the media hype claiming this will free us, I fail to see how adding another device to your person will reduce digital distractions.

Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Buy our digital device to free yourself of digital overload.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:26:56 PM by sol »

rpr

« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »
Despite all the media hype claiming this will free us, I fail to see how adding another device to your person will reduce digital distractions.

Freedom is slavery. Ignorance it's strength. Buy our digital device to free yourself of digital overload.

Agree fully. I personally turn all notifications off. I will check my email when I want to.

Bobberth

• Bristles
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
Who wears a watch anymore?

libertarian4321

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2015, 02:51:17 AM »

This may sound like sarcasm, but I'm serious. I want one, and I have the means. Anyone else relate?

Nice troll!

Er, you weren't serious, were you?

thd7t

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2015, 09:37:23 AM »

Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Buy our digital device to free yourself of digital overload.
Shackle watch.  Because 2+2=5

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:28 AM »
1 million preordered in the first 24 hours. It took four months to sell 1 million iPhones when they came out in 2007.

While I plan on sitting out this generation, this will justify further R&D money into features they couldn't perfect for this model, like blood pressure and blood sugar monitoring.

Valhalla

• Bristles
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »
1 million preordered in the first 24 hours. It took four months to sell 1 million iPhones when they came out in 2007.

While I plan on sitting out this generation, this will justify further R&D money into features they couldn't perfect for this model, like blood pressure and blood sugar monitoring.
Not surprised.  Why is most of America living paycheck to paycheck?

Coincidentally, it always seems those who have the least, always have the nicest sneakers, cellphones, TV's, gaming systems, riced out cars, etc etc etc. 

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »

Passive notification. You are alerted, in a subtle way, to truly important emails/texts/snapchats. This allows you to keep your phone in your pocket when you aren't actively using it for a deliberate purpose. No more phone on the table at dinner.

Also, the ability to use apple pay and monitor your heartrate/run distance is a great combo for street runners. Run to Jamba. Buy smoothie. All with only the watch. NFC on your wrist is cool and has lots of potential.

1. I seriously doubt this will be the case. Now people will obsessively look at their watch at dinner instead. Equally rude and hardly an improvement
2. I have yet to suffered degraded life-satisfaction because I missed a notification. But maybe I'm not CEO enough..

Most people (including me) don't run enough as it is, why do I need to know how far it is? What's wrong with just running as far as possible? Unless you're an olympian does it really matter how far you run and what your HR is? Just running at all would be an improvement for 90% of people.

PS: I own a HR/GPS monitor. It's neat, but have not made me run more, better or faster. I haven't used it much lately.

The apple watch will solve one important problem; people who have between $300 and $17,000 they want to get rid off and don't have a lighter nearby
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:35:31 AM by Scandium »

thurston howell iv

• Bristles
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2015, 11:40:27 AM »

Like Everyone Else.

MissGina

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2015, 11:54:48 AM »

Not surprised.  Why is most of America living paycheck to paycheck?

Coincidentally, it always seems those who have the least, always have the nicest sneakers, cellphones, TV's, gaming systems, riced out cars, etc etc etc.

I was at Apple Store yesterday just looking at them. The sales person was doing a good job selling it!
"No need to reach into your pocket on a crowded subway where people can steal your phone from your hand"
"No more digging in your big purse to find you phone ladies"
"Easier to look at map on your wrist and drive then have a big phone to look at"

Those were just some of the gems the sales guys dropped.

Not for me though.

Valhalla

• Bristles
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »

I was at Apple Store yesterday just looking at them. The sales person was doing a good job selling it!
"No need to reach into your pocket on a crowded subway where people can steal your phone from your hand"
"No more digging in your big purse to find you phone ladies"
"Easier to look at map on your wrist and drive then have a big phone to look at"

Those were just some of the gems the sales guys dropped.

Not for me though.
They forgot the biggest selling point of all "you'll look stupid rich because you have so much money to blow one something useless as this watch".

This reason is the main reason the Apple watch will sell like hot cakes.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »

Ugh.  More distractions for drivers.  Wonderful.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »
It's actually less distracting to have my phone ping my Android Wear watch with nav directions when I'm going somewhere new.  And it doesn't take over audio to tell you to TURN RIGHT IN 500 FEET AT NORTHEAST WESTERN 118TH AVENUE SOUTH TURN RIGHT AT NORTHEAST WESTERN 118TH AVENUE SOUTH THEN TURN LEFT ON SOUTHWEST MAIN PLACE AVENUE TURN LEFT ON SOUTHWEST MAIN PLACE AVENUE...

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2015, 03:58:44 PM »

Both hands on wheel. Haptic feedback means you don't need to see he screen anyway.

Sounds like a significant safety improvement to me.

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »

Both hands on wheel. Haptic feedback means you don't need to see he screen anyway.

Sounds like a significant safety improvement to me.
Yeah because that will work.. When it poke you does that mean turn left or right? Now or in 300 ft? Besides, we have voice guidance now which has already solved this.

And I doubt the half dozen people I see every day on their phones going 70 mph on I95 are looking at directions..

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »

Fewer. People are going to text and drive. I'd rather they dictated to a small screen than typed on a big one. (Technically, it might even be legal this way, depending on the state.)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »
buy apple stock instead!

+1

I am a HUGE Apple fan. I have been working on Macintosh computers my entire career, 25+ years! BUT I REFUSE to fall into the trap of needing the latest toy. I BOUGHT STOCK, during the depths of the recession, best APPLE buy ever. I have an iPad 2 (gift) and an OLD iPod (gift) and a brand new Mac Pro desktop, top of the line which makes me money! I refuse to get an iPhone, I have a $5 flip phone I barely use.

I suggest you wait 6 months and get a used one if you absolutely must.

Oh man don't get me going... When I used to be into buying individual stocks I bought $100,000 of Apple stock (depths of recession also) at $88.. it has now split 7: 1 and.. well you know the rest .. Of course I sold it when it made me 20%.. Damn!!!

obstinate

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2015, 11:22:15 PM »
You can't just wait a couple months and buy one used on CL?

Honestly, I have a LG G Watch. I vouch for the form factor, but it's not so useful that I'd pay retail for it. It's a luxury among luxuries, plain and simple

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »
Did your G watch show up free in December? :)

obstinate

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2015, 12:19:45 AM »
(⌐■_■)

larmando

• Stubble
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2015, 01:33:28 AM »
This speaks to me. The reality is that I already own AAPL stock and my funding for the watch comes from an app that I sell on the App Store. So my justification for this little purchase is that it's completely paid for by all those iPhone owners who buy my app, the proceeds I then use to buy AAPL, and in the last two months alone the capital appreciation on my investment pays for several of the watches.

Fake, and wrong, justification. Money is fungible, it doesn't matter where it came from. The question you have to ask yourself is "is this the best use for my X$" rather than "I have X$ that I am allow to spend 'because it came from X'". Otherwise you fall into the trap of "just spending bonus", "just spending inheritance", "it was a windfall anyway".

If you think for your future happiness this is the best way to use your money do it. But don't justify it from where your money came from.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2015, 03:49:44 AM »
(⌐■_■)

Even on the internet it's still a useful signal...

They must have sold dozens of them retail!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2015, 03:52:06 AM »
Is that the emoji version of the bob w avatar?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2015, 03:53:20 AM »
I think it's just cool shades.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
  • Live on minimum wage, earn on maximum
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
Indexer, AH013 and Zoltani --- Great posts on this thread!

For some reason I have it in my head that Apple and Mustachians are mutually exclusive? 

Pretty sure that unless you have in excess of 500K liquid that you would need to turn in your membership badge if you buy and Apple watch.

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
For some reason I have it in my head that Apple and Mustachians are mutually exclusive? 

Just the watch, or all Apple hardware?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
Just the watch, or all Apple hardware?

Not just Apple hardware, all electronics.  Also toilet paper. 

Bob W is the official enforcer of the MMM forum police, he'll revoke your login credentials if he thinks your spending isn't in line with the holy texts.

jmusic

• Bristles
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »
What is the deal with people thinking that their spending is shrewd simply because the value of the item is less than their current net worth (i.e. they "have the money")? I saw this in the wedding thread too, and elsewhere. The thinking seems to be that if you can "pay cash", it's suddenly a smarter purchase than if you pay using credit. In reality, whether paying in credit is smart is totally independent of what you are buying and has to do with the terms of the credit agreement. Paying in cash doesn't make a purchase smarter.

Once you've been frugal for some short period of time (say, a few months), you will have enough cash on hand that you can buy almost anything in cash, other than real estate. That doesn't suddenly mean it's smart to start buying tons of shit.

I'm not saying the Apple Watch is shit. I wouldn't buy it personally, but different people have different preferences. However, whether you decide to buy it shouldn't be determined by whether you have "got the money". Anybody who's been frugal for a week has got the money. That is irrelevant to anything.

At the very early stage of saving, when you are just starting out from nothing, then the amount of money you have on hand might be an input into what you buy. However, it will very, very quickly get to the point where you have far more money on hand than the price of anything (other than real estate), and using the amount of money on hand to decide whether to buy something no longer makes any sense.

No one else responded to this but...

Also, I'd include real estate.  Plenty of houses for $10K or so in Detroit. :)

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »
Well to be honest, nearly all consumer electronics beyond a laptop and a cell phone (both off brand) are counter to mmm.

mrpercentage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2015, 04:27:52 AM »
Someone stop me! I've been reading about the Apple Watch for months, talking myself into it completely. At this point, it's just a matter of how much I'm going to shell out for it--

LOL... yep, the commercial did me in.. why oh why do I have cable? I opted out of a Mac Pro for a Mini.. put off and iPad because I have an iPhone.. but my birthday is coming and my Verizon contract is up so its a 64gig iPhone six and an Apple Watch coming this way. Im fighting it.. but the gravity of my entire iTunes on my phone with several hours of video storage for filming with a watch that keeps my butt moving is pulling on me like Gargantua. Im screwed.

cerebus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2015, 06:55:59 AM »
Well to be honest, nearly all consumer electronics beyond a laptop and a cell phone (both off brand) are counter to mmm.

That's not true and I can quote chapter and verse.

Anyway, my advice on the Watch - if you have to have it, just don't be a sucka consumer. At least wait a generation or till the thing hits at a nice discount on Craigslist. I never pay new prices for electronics, that's just stupid. Actually I never end up paying anything for electronics because I know how to wrangle it, and we have a house full of the stuff.

AH013

• Bristles
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »
LOLing at the craigslist posts around me that are offering Apple Watches for 2x the retail price, simply because you can have it in 3 days instead of waiting for the backlog to clear.  I've no doubt there are enough suckers who'll pay the $400 premium on a $400 watch simply because they have to have it on release day and didn't want to set an alarm for 3am to pre-order it in time.

Jobs 4:24
And the prophet Genius opened his doors and decreed to the masses. All ye sheep, flock to your master, the holy bitten piece of red fruit.  The One commands it.  You will feel his wrath and scorn if you do not adorn yourself in all of his bountiful offerings.  For thine wrists be barren and of no use without the knowledge of your heart rate.  Let us bless those who embrace his offering first, for they are the chosen.  Let us cast out the non-believers, for they are the unwashed.  And let us shame those who transgress by trying to use outdated versions of the One's creations.  In his name, cha-ching.

cerebus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »
LOLing at the craigslist posts around me that are offering Apple Watches for 2x the retail price, simply because you can have it in 3 days instead of waiting for the backlog to clear.  I've no doubt there are enough suckers who'll pay the $400 premium on a $400 watch simply because they have to have it on release day and didn't want to set an alarm for 3am to pre-order it in time.

Reminds me of a joke.  How do you milk a sheep?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/9/8177087/macbook-port-adapter-accessory

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2015, 01:50:51 PM »

Jobs 4:24
And the prophet Genius opened his doors and decreed to the masses. All ye sheep, flock to your master, the holy bitten piece of red fruit.  The One commands it.  You will feel his wrath and scorn if you do not adorn yourself in all of his bountiful offerings.  For thine wrists be barren and of no use without the knowledge of your heart rate.  Let us bless those who embrace his offering first, for they are the chosen.  Let us cast out the non-believers, for they are the unwashed.  And let us shame those who transgress by trying to use outdated versions of the One's creations.  In his name, cha-ching.

Freaking hilarious!   

But let's be real -- Samsung's watches were not embraced for a reason.   

And by the way,   when you think everyone asking you about your Apple watch is envious,  what they are really thinking is what a DB.   

OP please write us back after you've owned the watch for 6 months and report how it really enjoys it's little nest in your sock drawer.   

*Disclaimer -  (my wife bought a Fit Bit 6 weeks ago and I laughed at the time and told her she would never use it.   I now see it set unused on her jewelry box but don't have the inclination to say "I told you so.")

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
Do tell...

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2015, 02:11:33 PM »
Do tell...

The punch line was the attached link.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »
Ah. I actually read that, too.
I hate to be an Apple hater (I was raised on their stuff, and own some shares) but who the fuck is dumb enough to fall for this shameless exploitation?
Between EE school and developing financial sense, I went from enthusiastically supporting Apple as a consumer to completely rejecting them because of stuff like that. They invent reasons to change for change's sake, nothing is backward-compatible, and profit margins on inexpensive accessories are in the thousands of percents. It's horribly inelegant from a technical view, and reprehensible from a customer value standpoint.
It works for shareholders though... good lord does it ever work, which is why I keep the stock.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2015, 02:49:25 PM »
I hate to be an Apple hater (I was raised on their stuff, and own some shares) but who the fuck is dumb enough to fall for this shameless exploitation?
Between EE school and developing financial sense, I went from enthusiastically supporting Apple as a consumer to completely rejecting them because of stuff like that. They invent reasons to change for change's sake, nothing is backward-compatible, and profit margins on inexpensive accessories are in the thousands of percents. It's horribly inelegant from a technical view, and reprehensible from a customer value standpoint.
It works for shareholders though... good lord does it ever work, which is why I keep the stock.

Don't forget to sell before the milk goes dry.      It appears this one is well past it's prime.   

mrpercentage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »
I paid $200 in 1999 for a polar watch that had a chest band to monitor my heart rate. Then I couldn't cheat when running. I had to up the pace even when I didn't feel like it and I had to slow down when I was getting carried away. My progress went through the roof.

Im not saying it is Mustachian.. its not, but I don't think the price tag is unreasonable. If the heart rate monitor is really accurate its almost worth that alone with no chest strap needed. I will still resist the watch as long as I can-- if for no other reason than it is 1.0. But I am a customer for life on their phones. They would have to do something really dumb to lose me. All they have to do is make bigger hard drives, faster chips, and stay high end on accessories. I will upgrade every contract.

I still remember the first time someone told me they have virus software for their phone. I didn't say it but I thought they were stupid. For what? Most likely pirated software  of some sort. Just pay for the stuff people. Free in software/music/movies is the most expensive.

Chuck

• Bristles
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »

Don't forget to sell before the milk goes dry.      It appears this one is well past it's prime.
Past it's prime? Have you heard of the iPhone 6? Do you know which company holds the world record for most profit generated in a single quarter? Do you know when that record was set?

Seriously. Guess which company. Guess when the record was set.

Bob W

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2015, 09:17:16 PM »

Past it's prime? Have you heard of the iPhone 6? Do you know which company holds the world record for most profit generated in a single quarter? Do you know when that record was set?

Seriously. Guess which company. Guess when the record was set.
I give up?   Erickson,  Motorola,  Nokia,  BlackBerry?     I'm pretty sure they were all at their prime as number one cell phone sellers 15 seconds before they weren't.     Yeah,  I know,  its different this time.   Enjoy the run while it lasts.  Hell even Bic lighters still sell at a premium.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:38:21 PM by Bob W »

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »
I'd rather have a quad copter drone