Author Topic: Had no idea where to put this link, so here it goes  (Read 3144 times)

reginna

• Stubble
Re: Had no idea where to put this link, so here it goes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »
What a sorry sucker. Content. Bah

luna

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »
The Onion always provides high quality news.  The only news source worth reading.

GrayGhost

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »
Here's a related story:
http://www.rajeshsetty.com/2005/08/09/powerful-story-telling-challenge-harvard-mba-and-the-fisherman/

And another one, inspired by the master Bill Watterson himself:
http://zenpencils.com/comic/128-bill-watterson-a-cartoonists-advice/

Hold onto your dreams, and live your life based on your own standards!

Phoebe

• Stubble
    • Phoebe's Journey
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:47:27 PM »
Ha, I love this!

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:52:22 PM »
I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I still think in this way. I use the word "somewhat" to give me some credit for realizing that I think in this way, but at the same time I can't help but feel envy towards family and friends from high school and college that lead more "exciting" lives than mine. This is a largely irrational thought as each time I think of my life as it was back in college, how it is now, and how I am striving for it to be in the near and distant future, I feel inwardly content.

Does anyone else feel this way? I am trying to pinpoint when I started to care about doing things that would impress others but not myself. It is shameful, there are things that I have done in the past year that I realize I did more so for the credit of doing it and not for the honest reason that I wanted to do it. Thankful none of these (to my knowledge) were serious or drastic things, but minor things, but this article hit home with me. I need to stop worrying about everyone else thinks and keep asking myself, "What do I think?"

randymarsh

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 05:56:36 AM »
This head cold is really getting to me. Opened this thread, went to the Onion article, finished it and thought "This would be great to share on the MMM forum!" Created duplicate thread.

Louisville

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 06:02:15 AM »
MBA vs. Fisherman:
If the MBA gets liver cancer at age 45, he might live through it. The fisherman just dies.  That's what keeps me walking a middle path between the two.