Author Topic: Gawker Crowdsourcing to Purchase Rob Ford Smoking Crack Video  (Read 6764 times)

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
http://gawker.com/we-are-raising-200-000-to-buy-and-publish-the-rob-ford-508230073

Ill admit I was tempted to donate, but don't want to support crack dealers, and really, with all Ford's done, I doubt even this could topple him. 

Besides, I couldn't justify donating to that when I could donate more to Tim Bosma's widow and daughter instead.

Honest Abe

• Bristles
  • Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery
Re: Gawker Crowdsourcing to Purchase Rob Ford Smoking Crack Video
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:03:41 PM »
I'm an American. I like cheeseburgers and cold beer. I have a poor command of geography.

And I have no idea who any of these people are.

Deano

• Stubble
Ford's Crack
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
You're an honest man Abe.

Rob Ford is the idiot who is the mayor of Toronto. He smokes crack and does and says really stupid things. Vast hordes of suburbanites love him.

Tim Bosma was a murder victim, a tragedy to be sure, but a fairly local situation to the OP.

totoro

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »
Honest maybe, but very limited google skills :)

I suspect Canadians know quite a bit more about American bad guys than vice versa.

Self-employed-swami

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »
Tim Bosma was killed when he took two men for a test drive in the truck he was trying to sell, a few weeks ago.  The only suspect in custody is now being investigated for the murder of his father (which caused him to inherit a multimillion dollar estate, and airline company) along with a previous girlfriend who went missing. 

The outpouring of community support, both to try and find Tim, and to find the perpetrators of his murder, has been profound.  Tim was a father to a little girl, and left behind a wife, a family, and a lot of friends.

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:06:24 AM »
:)

12% of the blog/forum readership is Canadian and gawker posted the Rob Ford stuff.

I'm sure nearly all Canadians have heard of both Rob Ford and Tim Bosma.

Jamesqf

• Magnum Stache
Re: Ford's Crack
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 11:49:12 AM »
Rob Ford is the idiot who is the mayor of Toronto. He smokes crack and does and says really stupid things.

It's a sad commentary on Canadian values (and the US is, if anything, worse in this respect) that doing & saying stupid things is OK, but an allegation* of a little harmless recreation drug use becomes a major issue.

*And in these days of Photoshopped anything, why believe a video?

Deano

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/17/rob_ford_42_remarkable_moments_from_toronto_mayors_career.html

James, when people in power are accused of doing something stupid/greedy/immoral, it's not very often that the accusation is proved to be false. Given the list above, I'm prepared to go out on a limb on this one, as you were prepared to get way up on that horse.

totoro

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
I don't think the majority of people think either of those things are okay. 

I think he won the election because he is known for cutting costs and spending a lot of time with constituents and being responsive to their issues.  Since his election, he was removed from office, but won his appeal based on the rules for reconsidering this decision. 

In BC our former Premier resigned, partly due to public reaction to a DUI.

Deano

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
One other thing to add....crack is not a harmless recreational drug. When Ford was outed for having been busted for having some weed in Florida, I didn't care (though the DUI I took issue with). Crack? I think that might interfere with his ability to lead a city with a 10 billion dollar budget. Add to that fact that he is a bullying piece of shit and it makes him a poor leader. Does that really seem unreasonable?

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »
One other thing to add....crack is not a harmless recreational drug. When Ford was outed for having been busted for having some weed in Florida, I didn't care (though the DUI I took issue with). Crack? I think that might interfere with his ability to lead a city with a 10 billion dollar budget. Add to that fact that he is a bullying piece of shit and it makes him a poor leader. Does that really seem unreasonable?

I agree.  Weed use?  Meh.  Crack?  I don't want him making decisions that affect millions of people.

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
Also, Ford hasn't come out and denied it, so it likely is true.  Believe me when I say this guy denies anything if he thinks there's no chance there is evidence to support the claims.

Anyway, I wonder if he has a fundraiser going on this weekend to buy the video before gawker can.

Self-employed-swami

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »
Brett Wilson has offered to buy the video for $1,000,000 if "the media never talks about it again"

I don't know if he has any connection to Ford, or if he just hates that this has been all over the news and TV for days.

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 05:32:06 PM »
Brett Wilson has offered to buy the video for $1,000,000 if "the media never talks about it again"

I don't know if he has any connection to Ford, or if he just hates that this has been all over the news and TV for days.

Riiiiight...because he has that kind of power.  ;)  And if he's used the media to proclaim  that, he's a hypocrite.  As you know, I love irony!

Self-employed-swami

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
He used his FB...

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »
FB is still media.  :P

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »
ha ha ha ha

I just found this Rob Fordism...definitely anti-mustachian:

March 2007: Ford says: “Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. And, you know, my heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.”

Self-employed-swami

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 10:07:55 PM »
ha ha ha ha

I just found this Rob Fordism...definitely anti-mustachian:

March 2007: Ford says: “Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. And, you know, my heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.”

Wow.  :(

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 06:24:47 AM »
It's from the list Deano posted above. Check it out.  Pure Rob Ford gold. 

Check this one out:  http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/05/17/rob_ford_crack_cocaine_simpsons_mayor_diamond_joe_quimby_or_toronto_mayor.html

Self-employed-swami

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:59 AM »
Too funny! DH and I were just discussing yesterday, how Ford is the real like Mayor Quimby!