Author Topic: Fuck Complainypants  (Read 5171 times)

workathomedad

• Stubble
Fuck Complainypants
« on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
Here Buffett gives some amazing advice. Half the comments are moron complainypants saying "yeah well he knows Billionaires so he must be cheating!!!1!" while completely ignoring the helpful advice... D'oh!

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/24/warren-buffett-berkshire-letter/

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
Re: Fuck Complainypants
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »
My favorite "comments" are responses to any article about him that claim that he made money only because his dad was a congressman. How this is relevant I do not know.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member

anisotropy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:21:37 PM »
My favorite "comments" are responses to any article about him that claim that he made money only because his dad was a congressman. How this is relevant I do not know.

I have been both sides of the fence; it is certainly easier to get rich(er) when you already have money to begin with.

Having said that,  there is still only one Buffett among the thousands of sons and daughters of
(ex) congress members.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:07:40 PM »
I hear it's also easier to get elected to Congress if your parents have money, but that seems to be much more relevant to "success".

mjs111

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 02:57:09 PM »
Buffett is the first to admit he had a leg up being born male, white, upper middle class, and at a time where he was just a little too young to get drafted into World War II but not too young where there were a lot of value-oriented Ben Graham-types to compete with when he was starting his career.  Buffett goes so far as to say he won the "ovarian lottery," and is a large part of why he's decided to give most of his money away.

He's an incredible teacher for those willing to listen.  He volunteers a lot of time with college students and his annual letters to shareholders are great, often timeless, lessons in business and investing.

I think MMM said as much that, no matter what the subject of an article, these days the comments section is invariably filled with jaded-sounding, often anonymous naysayers.

Mike

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
^+1. I second that.  He seems to me at least to be a pretty honest/trustworthy guy. There are always the haters.....let them hate.  Sure they don't bother Warren.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 03:21:45 PM »
^+1. I second that.  He seems to me at least to be a pretty honest/trustworthy guy. There are always the haters.....let them hate.  Sure they don't bother Warren.

I like him if only because he still lives in a ridiculously modest house for his wealth.