Author Topic: From "Family Feud"  (Read 9356 times)

DragonSlayer

• Stubble
From "Family Feud"
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:14 AM »
Had Family Feud on while cleaning this morning. One of the questions in the bonus round was, "What do married couples wish they had two or more of?" The first contestant said "Kids" which would have been the first thing to come to my mind. But the number one answer was Cars. Because, you know, it's inconceivable that two people might not want two (or more) cars, right?

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
Re: From "Family Feud"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »
To be fair two or more cars is way cheaper than two or more kids, by quite a long shot.

Tallgirl1204

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »
So what were the other things?  (If I remember my family feud right, aren't there usually five or more answers?) 

Televisions?
bathrooms?

???

At our house, we have to have two different cast iron frying pans.  We disagree on (1) how clean they have to be and (2) the best way to keep them seasoned (to be fair, I, the female, hardly ever wash my cast iron-- rinse and dry is my go-to, with a sea-salt scrub if things are crusty.  My husband has a whole rigamarole he insists on.  After awhile, it just became easier to have two...

What else do people "need" two of? 

DragonSlayer

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »
There weren't any others. This was in the "speed round" at the very end where they get two members of the family and each tries to give the best answers. If they reach a certain number of points, they get $20K.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
My guess would be money and time. I guess it shows my priorities!

Elderwood17

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »
At least they didn't say vacation homes!

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »
A surfboard for small waves and a different surfboard for bigger waves!

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »

Nords,

How many boards do you have and how many could you justify? When living in San Diego, I had 2 boards (short board for most days and a bigger board for occasional days). I could probably also justify a long board if I was into it, but I wasn't.

Jellyfish

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »

Cats.  The obvious answer is cats.

Self-employed-swami

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 03:00:52 AM »

Cats.  The obvious answer is cats.

I agree, but sadly, I just can't get my husband on board.  :(

Edit: I thought it said 'more of' not 'two of'.  We already have two cats.  I think more cats is always better, but he disagrees.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:04:40 AM by Self-employed-swami »

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
Gee, I'm really off - I would have said bathrooms or toilets or toothbrushes or hand basins or towels.

Shropskr

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 12:53:24 AM »
Hands

Every mom I know always wants more hands.  I've wished to be an octopus before.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
To be fair two or more cars is way cheaper than two or more kids, by quite a long shot.

We decided not to have kids so we could have a racecar.  Unfortunately that lead to airplanes...  I think the kids would have been cheaper...  :-O

mydogismyheart

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 01:48:59 PM »
For me it would be dogs. I currently only have 1 dog but would like a 2nd.  But I also have 3 cats and am feeling like 4 animals is plenty at this time.  But I go back and forth on the subject...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »

Dollars?

Tough to get by on less than $2.  Though I guess many people have a net worth of less than that, so maybe not.  ;)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

infogoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
Bicycles, of course. Everyone needs a winter beater. And a dedicated commuter. And maybe something with a suspension for mountain biking. And a roadie for those long trips. And...

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 02:37:58 PM »

I read an article a few years ago in which an Italian economist stated something along the lines of "America is the only country where when people's economic situations improve, their first instinct is to have another child."

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 02:42:34 PM »

I read an article a few years ago in which an Italian economist stated something along the lines of "America is the only country where when people's economic situations improve, their first instinct is to have another child."
I'm going to guess that in Italy their first instinct is to get another mistress..?

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »

I'm going to guess that in Italy their first instinct is to get another mistress..?

Possibly in France as well.

cambridgecyclist

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 11:47:57 AM »

Bikes!

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »
Sorry, I haven't searched the posts for two weeks and I overlooked this one last time I was browsing.

Nords,

How many boards do you have and how many could you justify? When living in San Diego, I had 2 boards (short board for most days and a bigger board for occasional days). I could probably also justify a long board if I was into it, but I wasn't.
I'm storing my daughter's custom 7'9" (her high-school graduation present). 

I own a 10-year-old 9'0" beater (factory second), a 10'0" Bill Stewart Hydrohull longboard, and a 10'0" Cippy Cabato longboard.  I recently sold a 10'0" Trident epoxy because I was maxed out on storage and the other two 10'0"s are better.  Among those three boards I can handle anything up to 20 feet.  Well, at least the boards can handle the waves.

Anything beyond one board is overkill, especially if that one board is a longboard.  My rationalization is that I occasionally give group lessons to 2-3 people, and it's more convenient to have the boards on hand.  If I encountered a group larger than that then I'd go shopping on Craigslist and then cull the herd again afterward.

In the next 2-3 years I'm going to buy a stand-up paddleboard, but I haven't run out of challenging waves yet...

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
We used to think we needed two closets for our clothes. Then we donated a ton of stuff. Now we easily share one closet and use the spare one for storage.

Dr.Vibrissae

• Bristles
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »
Pillows.  We share many things, but I have to fight pillow thievery when I sleep.

Spartana

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 08:07:59 PM »
Gee, I'm really off - I would have said bathrooms or toilets or toothbrushes or hand basins or towels.
Ha Ha - yeah bathrooms were the first thing that popped into my mind. Nothing saves a marriage like separate bathrooms :-)!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!