Author Topic: Freshly  (Read 2438 times)

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Living Universe Foundation
Freshly
« on: October 15, 2017, 03:32:09 PM »
Six meals for 39 dollars.

Pandora is bombarding me with this advertisement.

Narrator grouses about a 'long day at work' and 'a long commute'; then who wants to cook after that? 

Meals delivered by Freshly!  No chopping, no cooking, no effort!  Just be a consumer sucka corporate drone!

Roe

• Stubble
Re: Freshly
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »
Don't be like that, it's Freshly! Almost like home made, but not quite and for a higher price!

Stache-O-Lantern

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
Narrator grouses about a 'long day at work' and 'a long commute'; then who wants to cook after that? 

It's funny, cooking is how I wind down after a day at work.

I've seen other adds/mailers lately for food that are something along the lines of this.  Blue Apron is the other i remember, i think they send you all the ingredients in a box with a recipe.

They all seem like they are cashing in on the current "foodie" trend, and the apparent disdain among a larger number of people for basic shopping and food preparation.

Hey!  I got an idea for a great actively-managed mutual fund.  The Anti-Mustachian Mutual Fund.  It only invests in companies that sell supremely dumb stuff/services that no one could possibly need. Expense ratio about 1.5%  Stated objective:  "Separating fools from their money."

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »
Six meals for 39 dollars.
Oh, shoot.  For a moment I was confused, and I thought you were saying I could put dinner on the table for my family six times for $39 ($6.50 to feed my family dinner).  Then I realized the sad truth:  You meant $6.50 per serving.  Initially I thought this wasn't too bad.