Author Topic: Fords answer to THE Cdillac commercial  (Read 2940 times)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Fords answer to THE Cdillac commercial
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
The target audiences for each ad will not understand the appeal of the other.

MNM

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 07:41:45 PM »
That's wonderful.  The Cadillac one (Picking on the French!  What a new idea that is!) is .... is it racism?  Ethnicism?  Either way, it smacks of prejudice.  So happy to see the funny and snarky reply from Ford.

Companies based in Detroit should know better than to slam other people, given how often that city is slammed by national news organizations in this country (I'm talking to you, New York Times), and how much they hate it.

pipercat

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »
I guess I'm a little late to the party, because I was just going to post this!  I'm glad I did a search first.

I love it!!

golden1

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »
Great!   I hated everything about that Cadillac article - although I think that was kind of the point - love it or hate it, everyone is talking about it.

Gen Y Finance Journey

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »
I saw the commercial over on Business Insider last week, and the comments there are horrifying. I didn't realize there were people who watched the Cadillac commercial and thought, "yea! Go America! Who needs vacation when I can have a Cadillac?" Apparently there are. And they read Business Insider.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ford-destroys-cadillacs-rich-guy-ad-2014-3#ixzz2xCQfYuc3