Author Topic: Ford F150 for commuting  (Read 3808 times)

mendoman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Ford F150 for commuting
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:35 AM »
    I have a neighbor who just bought a new Ford F150 4X4 to commute back and forth to work.  His commute will be one hour each way.  I tried and tried to get him to buy a used Honda Civic or better yet move closer to work.  He just had to have that $43,000 truck and he financed it also.  Self inflicted wound in my book.  Worst part he is a great guy and fun to hang out with.  His wife also has a large SUV so they could have gone with a much smaller commute car.

nobodyspecial

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Ford F150 for commuting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
You should explain to him that the F150 is a women's truck - and for a commute that long he needs the one with the double rear wheels, and a winch, and a snorkel package.

Bardo

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:47:21 AM »
Trucks are marketed so as to reassure guys about their masculinity and competence (deep manly voice growls "Built Ford tough!" "Gettin' the job done!")  So just mention to you neighbor in passing that you have read that pick-up trucks are now a big fad in the gay community.  It'll drive him wild.

mendoman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:34:10 AM »
I thought about mentioning how cool it would be to carry a couple on financed motor cross bikes in back to show the world you are a real truck guy.  PS he is now talking about how high the insurance is, something about the new truck is made from Aluminum.   
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:09:39 AM by mendoman »

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 06:48:50 AM »
Trucks are marketed so as to reassure guys about their masculinity and competence (deep manly voice growls "Built Ford tough!" "Gettin' the job done!")  So just mention to you neighbor in passing that you have read that pick-up trucks are now a big fad in the gay community.  It'll drive him wild.

lol - that would be pretty funny.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
I thought about mentioning how cool it would be to carry a couple on financed motor cross bikes in back to show the world you are a real truck guy.  PS he is now talking about how high the insurance is, something about the new truck is made from Aluminum.
Yeah, I follow auto industry news and that was a big deal - saves a few hundred pounds, gets better gas mileage (still stupid-low for long-distance commuting) but does cost more to fix vs. steel.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 09:09:08 AM »
You should explain to him that the F150 is a women's truck - and for a commute that long he needs the one with the double rear wheels, and a winch, and a snorkel package.

Yeah, him be needing dem duallies!