Author Topic: Facepunch Deserved  (Read 7597 times)

Winter's Tale

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Facepunch Deserved
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
Today on the way back from running errands, the baby was sleeping soundly in the back seat and I was jonesing for some ice cream.  I stopped at a Wendy's for a frosty <gasp> and then went home where I proceeded to <gasp, shudder> eat the frosty in my driveway WHILE I KEPT THE CAR RUNNING to make sure the baby kept sleeping. 

On the bright side, the frosty was only $1.06 and was doggone delicious.

Daniel

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Facepunch Deserved
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »
Don't worry, that's only a quarter frappuccino! Sometimes wendys has these key chains, that you can buy at the beginning of the year, that allow you to get a free junior frosty every time you go (I don't remember if you need to make a purchase or not), great deal! Tons of really small frostys!

Wolf_Stache

• Pencil Stache
    • Flower's Fang
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »
Don't worry, that's only a quarter frappuccino! Sometimes wendys has these key chains, that you can buy at the beginning of the year, that allow you to get a free junior frosty every time you go (I don't remember if you need to make a purchase or not), great deal! Tons of really small frostys!

The first iteration of those did not require a purchase. The current ones do.

Insanity

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:32:14 PM »
Keeping the baby asleep for cheap = money well spent.

HairyUpperLip

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 08:35:29 PM »
Keeping the baby asleep for cheap = money well spent.

I agree. I'd personally punch you if you idled for yourself, but I understand how hard it can be to get a baby to go back to sleep.

And a $1.06 for a treat is okay as long as it doesn't impact your savings rate IMO. ;)

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 01:59:17 PM »
I have a hybrid car and I have to rev the engine at stoplights in the summer to keep the engine from turning off to keep the AC cold. I feel like an idiot doing it...

Insanity

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
I have a hybrid car and I have to rev the engine at stoplights in the summer to keep the engine from turning off to keep the AC cold. I feel like an idiot doing it...

A co-worker had a hybrid for a rental car.  Got in the car and couldn't figure out how to start it.  It already had been. No noise from the engine.

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »

A co-worker had a hybrid for a rental car.  Got in the car and couldn't figure out how to start it.  It already had been. No noise from the engine.

Hahahahahaha that is amazing

Latwell

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »

Not going to lie... My car isn't a hybrid, but it is so much quieter compared to my previous cars that I've done this before (turn the key and wonder why it's not starting just to realize it was already on).

MoneyCat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »

What kind of hybrid do you have?  I have a Ford Fusion Hybrid and the AC is electric so it runs even when the engine is off.

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

What kind of hybrid do you have?  I have a Ford Fusion Hybrid and the AC is electric so it runs even when the engine is off.

2010 Honda Insight. The air still flows, but the AC is no longer on if that makes sense. So if it is hot out it's just hot air running through the vents when the engine cuts out at stop lights. It's the only thing I don't like about my car.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 05:43:22 AM »
I've been there. Seven months pregnant, eating a drive-through-purchased Kreme donut-of-the-month (chocolate-filled) in the Walmart parking lot. But as it was February and my thirteen-month-old was awake and staring contentedly out of the back window, I did not need to idle. But anyone who would facepunch a pregnant woman with a toddler for using a drive-through or eating a donut is not someone I want to associate with :-). (Now they are both toddlers. Yikes.)

avongil

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 06:51:27 PM »
Left my traditional gas engine car on on 6 hours the other day by mistake. Oops.  That one stung.
The Prius we have at work I have now officially left on three times all day.  It's very easy to forget to turn it off!

FIRE Realtor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Frugal Vegan Mom
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 08:11:43 PM »
Stories like this is why it gets "expensive to have kids".  I always thought Caribou drive thrus were ridiculous until after I became a parent.  =)

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 08:14:54 PM »
Left my traditional gas engine car on on 6 hours the other day by mistake. Oops.  That one stung.
The Prius we have at work I have now officially left on three times all day.  It's very easy to forget to turn it off!

Ok, I'll bite. How the hell do you do that???

avongil

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »
Well the engine shuts off when you don't accelerate hard and the battery is charged. Generally a few min before you pull into a parking space. After a long drive you tend to think about other things other than pushing the off button on the already dead car.  In the winter it sucks it fires up frequently to warm the interior.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk