Author Topic: Face Punch Me  (Read 3880 times)

Andrew928

• Stubble
  • Life Is Good
Face Punch Me
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »
I don't drink coffee but once, sometimes twice a day usually 6 days a week I buy an energy drink. Not to wake me up but just because I like how they taste.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Face Punch Me
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:55:38 AM »
The really bizarre thing is that you like how they taste.

Have you considered seeing a physician about this?

CmFtns

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:17:51 AM »
If you must get energy drinks why not buy in bulk?

It's like almost half price so... compromise

Andrew928

• Stubble
  • Life Is Good
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »
There is a brand called Full Throttle I like, the blue one. It is two for 5 bucks and you get about twice as much per can than a normal sized Redbull, gas station raised the prices to 2 for 5.50 but they still sell it for the original price to me...soooo I got that going for me :P

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »
Can you expense it for your occupation? Work-related to be awake and aware at all times.

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
There is a brand called Full Throttle I like, the blue one. It is two for 5 bucks and you get about twice as much per can than a normal sized Redbull, gas station raised the prices to 2 for 5.50 but they still sell it for the original price to me...soooo I got that going for me :P

Why don't you buy them in bulk?  Is that not a thing for that brand?  My husband buys energy drinks at the convenience store too, and it baffles me.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 01:11:12 PM »
So you are possibly worse than this guy?

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »
Seriously, just go buy a six-pack at Walmart or wherever.  Even the old gas station price is stupidly high.  Online Walmart says they are less than a buck apiece if bought in packages:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Full-Throttle-Citrus-Flavor-Energy-Drink-12-fl-oz-6-count/23788354

You know what also tastes like caffeine and citrus?  Home-brewed iced tea with cheap bottled lemon juice splashed in.  Bam, done.  There's your face punch.

How to make a gallon of iced tea at home:

Ingredients:
1 gallon water
16 teabags
2 pinches baking soda
Bottle of lemon juice (good for multiple gallons of iced tea)

Take an old gallon jug.  Clean it.  Fill it with one gallon of cold water.
Pour two quarts of water (roughly) from the jug into a three-quart pot.  Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
When it boils, turn off the heat and add 16 off-brand Lipton-esque teabags (one per cup of finished product iced tea).  Put the lid back on the pot.  Set a timer for 15 minutes.
To the jug with some water left in it, add two pinches of baking soda and one cup of sugar. <Baking soda will cut out any overly sharp tannin taste from the super-cheap tea you should be using.>
Now the timer alarm is sounding.  Turn it off.  Take the teabags out and dump them in your compost pile or trash can.  Pour the super-strong tea into the jug.  Stick that jug in the fridge.
Take an empty bottle with a cap.  Pour in some iced tea, then pour in some bottled lemon juice (around 10:1 proportions - adjust to taste).  This is your new citrus-caffeine drink of choice.
When the timer goes off.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 05:39:58 AM »
I don't drink coffee but once, sometimes twice a day usually 6 days a week I buy an energy drink. Not to wake me up but just because I like how they taste.

Mmm... it has been decided. Jag Bombs shall be made!

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »

The one I had tasted like carbonated shampoo. Maybe I need to try again. ;)

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 05:19:15 AM »

The one I had tasted like carbonated shampoo. Maybe I need to try again. ;)

I think that's a hilariously accurate description! I generally like the blue-flavored carbonated shampoo, more so than the red-flavored. Depends upon the brand.