Author Topic: Ever wish you could be more productive on the toilet?  (Read 5158 times)

minority_finance_mo

• Pencil Stache
    • Minority Finance
Ever wish you could be more productive on the toilet?
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »
Introducing the Potty Golf Set

Set Contents
  • Green carpet
  • Putter
  • Plastic cup and flag
  • Two practice golf balls
  • Do Not Disturb sign

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
Re: Ever wish you could be more productive on the toilet?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 08:36:08 AM »
The sad thing is that over 40 people bought this.

PEIslander

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »
But I'd have to put down my reading materials...

NV Teacher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
And here I was thinking this post would be about fiber or laxatives.

Cheddar Stacker

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
And here I was thinking this post would be about fiber or laxatives.

Ha!

I used to sometimes get actual work done on the toilet. Now I just peruse the forums. If there was ever a time to choose leisure over work, that's it.

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:14:51 PM »

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »
Oh man, the business opportunity for someone to find a gene to genetically modify or invent a more efficient digestive system that doesn't produce waste.

How productive would that be to never have to spend time every day on the shitter. Imagine the global revolution that would bring. No more toilets, no need for sewerage systems. No more need for toilet paper.

Imagine the joy of parents in not having to worry about nappies or toilet training.

Entire environmentally unfriendly industries could be shut down completely.

Any biological scientists out there who could lend an opinion? If we know this is possible in theory, we can start brainstorming a way to make it happen. Technology is probably beyond us now, but technology can move very very fast when it needs to.

stlbrah

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 04:37:18 AM »
If Americans didn't rely so much on fast food, they would not be on the toilet so long. It should take 5 minutes tops.

At work, the office reeks of mcdonalds from 11-1. From 1-3 the bathroom is packed, and people are grunting loudly and their ass sounds like a trombone. I just don't understand why people make themselves sick.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 05:27:01 PM »
Sorry, a good part of the volume is dead cells that lined the gut before they died - it is a rough environment in there.  Even new-borns have a bit of poop (meconium).

Actually in dogs, volume measures how digestible the food is (they are mostly carnivorous, after all) - if you are picking up a lot after your dog (or cat), that is money you wasted when you bought their food.  And it made more work - not a good idea.  Being omnivores, we can't draw quite the same conclusions about our own diets.

Oh man, the business opportunity for someone to find a gene to genetically modify or invent a more efficient digestive system that doesn't produce waste.

Any biological scientists out there who could lend an opinion? If we know this is possible in theory, we can start brainstorming a way to make it happen. Technology is probably beyond us now, but technology can move very very fast when it needs to.

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 05:48:51 PM »
There is an app that you either plug in your salary or hourly rate then it has a start/stop function that basically tells you how much you just got paid to take a shit. Stupid? Absolutely. Hilarious and entertaining? Methinks yes.

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Living Universe Foundation
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »
I am the KING OF TOILET PRODUCTIVITY!

It sounds like a cannon going off in there.

fantabulous

• Bristles
    • My Crappy Little Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »
If Americans didn't rely so much on fast food, they would not be on the toilet so long. It should take 5 minutes tops.

At work, the office reeks of mcdonalds from 11-1. From 1-3 the bathroom is packed, and people are grunting loudly and their ass sounds like a trombone. I just don't understand why people make themselves sick.

Avoiding this is by far the best part of my having come out as a trans woman in my mostly male workplace.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 09:29:17 PM »

Avoiding this is by far the best part of my having come out as a trans woman in my mostly male workplace.

Well, that confirms something I long suspected about men's bathrooms. (I have 2 boys, so I am not completely clueless about male bathroom habits). No one has time at work to leave for fast food, so I guess that is something to be thankful for as well.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!