Author Topic: Earns 48k per year and wants to lease a Mercedes  (Read 5097 times)

2sk22

• Handlebar Stache
Earns 48k per year and wants to lease a Mercedes
« on: June 07, 2019, 01:22:05 PM »
Mind boggling that someone with FICO score of 674 with a modest income wants a luxury car

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/bxxjrx/credit_score_and_interest_rates_on/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
Re: Earns 48k per year and wants to lease a Mercedes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 08:08:22 PM »
This is 2019, not all that mind boggling.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:13:33 AM »
At least most of the comments are people telling him not to do it.  Perhaps there's hope.

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:06 AM »
At least most of the comments are people telling him not to do it.  Perhaps there's hope.

And he is asking for outside opinions. That's a positive, too.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:13:57 AM »
Mind boggling that someone with FICO score of 674 with a modest income wants a luxury car

https://www.reddit.com/r/askcarsales/comments/bxxjrx/credit_score_and_interest_rates_on/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

This person is setting them up for trouble, that's for sure.  But to be fair, FICO score does not indicate how wealthy one is.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 03:28:48 PM »

This person is setting them up for trouble, that's for sure.  But to be fair, FICO score does not indicate how wealthy one is.

Yes, but no one should be leasing a car that has a sticker price of almost their entire annual salary.

peeps_be_peeping

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »
My former co-irker made $70k when she worked with me and while working there bought a new car that cost $72k. She also posts on FB about living paycheck to paycheck and once had to wait for payday to go out to a $10 lunch. I hold my tongue because we're friends.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 02:37:17 PM »
My former co-irker made $70k when she worked with me and while working there bought a new car that cost $72k. She also posts on FB about living paycheck to paycheck and once had to wait for payday to go out to a $10 lunch. I hold my tongue because we're friends.

ain't a friend supposed to say the truth, however unpleasant it may be? for long-term financial benefit

peeps_be_peeping

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 04:04:01 PM »

ain't a friend supposed to say the truth, however unpleasant it may be? for long-term financial benefit

I don't feel close enough to ask for details about her finances. We met less than 2 years ago at work and have lunch with 1-2 times per month. I guess it would feel like prying.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »
Yeah, that’s nuts, glad to see some fantastic responses telling him he “has the choice to either look rich or be rich” and to be careful which he chooses.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 11:19:19 PM »
Yeah, that’s nuts, glad to see some fantastic responses telling him he “has the choice to either look rich or be rich” and to be careful which he chooses.

The person who posted that, posts here under the same username

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 09:09:19 PM »

The person who posted that, posts here under the same username

Nice, I didn’t notice that, going to have to go back and check now