Author Topic: Dry Bar  (Read 6775 times)

frugalecon

• Pencil Stache
Dry Bar
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
No, it has nothing to do with alcohol. It is a chain of salons that blow dry your hair for you. (They don't cut it, they just give you a "blowout.") I saw the execs on Bloomberg TV today, and I thought of this forum.

For more info (or to book an appointment!): http://www.thedrybar.com

frugalecon

• Pencil Stache
Re: Dry Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »
No, it has nothing to do with alcohol. It is a chain of salons that blow dry your hair for you. (They don't cut it, they just give you a "blowout.") I saw the execs on Bloomberg TV today, and I thought of this forum.

For more info (or to book an appointment!): http://www.thedrybar.com

OMG, I have a coworker who gets these at least once a week. Blows my mind. I've gotten my hair "done": on my wedding day.

Let's see, $40 for the cheapest blowout, plus $10 tip, weekly, equals $2600 a year on blow-dry services. Minimum. Cuz you'll want to get the extras occasionally. There should be a Facepunch Bar co-located next to each one of these.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »
This might have something to do with alcohol.  I imagine you'd have to be drunk to think this was a good idea.

lexie2000

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »
If they really wanted to interest people in spending their money on this stuff, you'd think they'd show before and after pictures.

Personally.....not interested, AT ALL.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »
Ahh.. there's a place around here called BLOW, which I always assumed way a gay thing but upon further investigation turns out to be a blow-out bar.

Seems like the kind of thing you could pretty easily learn to do and have a weekly blow-out party with your GFs or whatever.

There was also a place around that billed itself as kinda the same thing for men.  They had old-school barbers, big screen TVs, and your $65 haircut included your first drink from the bar for free.  Funny how they went out of business during the great recession.

Fireman

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »
Ahh.. there's a place around here called BLOW, which I always assumed way a gay thing but upon further investigation turns out to be a blow-out bar.

Seems like the kind of thing you could pretty easily learn to do and have a weekly blow-out party with your GFs or whatever.*

I can think of zero reasons why I would be curious enough to enter a place called BLOW.  Now, BJs, on the other hand, sounds like a place I can get behind!

*Too easy.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
Not only can you have this service yourself . . . you can have a party in their establishment, so you and all your friends can waste money together! 

Why are you still sitting there at your computer?  Go!  Schedule!  Call people!  You need this service! 

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »
Why can't I come up with a brilliant idea like this?

chicagomeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »
So I shouldn't get this done before my work head shot next week? OK, alright, I will resist. Even though I'm super nervous about looking dumb on our website for everyone to see.

frugalecon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 07:33:38 PM »

I will gift this idea to you: a Doggy Dry Bar. For the Afghan hounds and Shi Tzus who don't look their best without a blowout. What is the point of looking your best if your canine companion doesn't cut the mustard?

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 09:42:55 AM »

I will gift this idea to you: a Doggy Dry Bar. For the Afghan hounds and Shi Tzus who don't look their best without a blowout. What is the point of looking your best if your canine companion doesn't cut the mustard?

The service exists!!!  Sorry...

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »
Just whaaa ughhhh

I buzz my own hair. My in-laws treat the DW to a $30 haircut at the mall once a year when we visit.

frugalecon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 01:02:39 PM »

I know that groomers exist...but do establishments exist that only do blow outs for pets, i.e. no hair cutting?

jba302

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 02:00:42 PM »

Based on your photo, I have a guess :).

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 02:17:37 PM »

Based on your photo, I have a guess :).

On the contrary, I might have gone too far with the blow dryer, as this undated and pre-digital era photo of me can attest :D

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »

I know that groomers exist...but do establishments exist that only do blow outs for pets, i.e. no hair cutting?

I know a place that does only wash and dry (no cuts)...they also do nail trims.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!