Author Topic: Disaster Is Inevitable When The Two Decade-Old Stock Bubble Bursts  (Read 5112 times)

dude

• Handlebar Stache
Okay, we maybe all have some misgivings about this current stock market, given the really low yields on bonds and Treasuries right now, and the Fed's QE, and what happens when the Fed pulls the plug on the life support system.  This is 7 pages long, but fast forward to the last page for the punchline.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2015/04/05/disaster-is-inevitable-when-the-two-decade-old-stock-bubble-bursts/

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Disaster Is Inevitable When The Two Decade-Old Stock Bubble Bursts
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 12:58:08 PM »
LOL.
I'm amused.

"(Disclaimer: All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not be relied on for making any investment decisions.)"
... you don't say.

pdxbator

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »
Please help me....the sky is falling.
Sounds almost like a televangelist.

James

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:16 PM »
This guy is amazing. He is guaranteed to accurately predict each and ever crash we will ever have! The trick is to constantly and consistently say we are in a bubble and due for a crash. That way when the next drop comes, be it next month, next year, or 5 years, by god you are right!!!

Idiot...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 01:27:43 PM »
The guy is asking for $50,000 in "donations" to fund a media awareness campaign around his FUD.  Isn't that pretty much what most of the media does anyways?

/facepalm
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:13:08 PM »
OMG are you fucking shitting me? BAHAHAHAHA

I have long summarized the collective programming + advertising of a certain cable news network as "live in fear, [therefore] buy our shit!"

This guy just copied that approach and removed all the pretense.

One Noisy Cat

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 03:58:13 PM »
OMG are you fucking shitting me? BAHAHAHAHA

I have long summarized the collective programming + advertising of a certain cable news network as "live in fear, [therefore] buy our shit!"

This guy just copied that approach and removed all the pretense.

MSNBC is indeed the pits.

I can see a nasty bear market coming soon after so much low interest but a 20 year bubble???

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 04:15:32 PM »
If he can cause ten thousand idiots to sell, that'll let me buy for a penny cheaper. Hooray for me.

anon-e-mouse

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
I didn't get past page 2 the first time I saw this and missed the whole GoFundMe request.
Wow....I need to jump OUT of the market and help fund this guy NOW to save everyone else from impending dooooooooom.

mulescent

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »
There is another way to look at this: the guy could be right.  It could be that the Fed's policy has inflated a massive bubble. 

You know what, though? It doesn't matter at all, at least to most of us.  If there is a huge crash that knocks the market on it's ass for 10 years, that would be great for me.  I'm diversified and saving tons of cash.  In just a few years I'd be able to buy a ridiculous amount of stock and, over the decades, I'd be in even better shape than I would be if no crash happened.

Anxiety about market cycles is what leads people to try and time the market, which is what leads people to do stupid stuff.

Agreed that the GoFundMe request was worth a good laugh...