Author Topic: Credit card "sells" fees  (Read 2263 times)

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
Credit card "sells" fees
« on: October 27, 2015, 12:29:38 PM »
I got an offer from a credit card today that tried to make it sound like paying interest is a good thing...

"Once you take advantage of this offer, you will have a new promotional balance on your account. As a result, you will lose your interest-free period (also called your grace period) on new purchases unless you pay your entire balance in full each month (including any promotional balances that you add by using this offer). New purchases include any fees added to your purchase balance, such as an annual fee, if applicable. This means that while you will enjoy the promotional rate on the balances that you add by using this offer, you will pay interest on your new purchases."

Apparently I'm supposed to "take advantage" of this opportunity to give money to them? I'm going to "enjoy" paying their promotional rate? Maybe they're just upset that I took advantage of their 500 dollar signup bonus and never paid any interest...

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
Re: Credit card "sells" fees
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
You should take advantage and enjoy lots of material possessions that are above your means.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:35:54 PM »
You should take advantage and enjoy lots of material possessions that are above your means.
+1
Consumerism is the new religion.
Mainstream religions have become consumer goods peddlers.

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 02:17:44 PM »
Well I did take advantage of the sign up bonus to raise my means by $500. I suppose I could have bought "stuff" with that money instead of buying more stock. My priorities don't really match the mainstream...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!