Author Topic: Couponer Fail  (Read 19706 times)

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
Re: Couponer Fail
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only boarder line prepper lol. As my grandfather always says an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It always amazes me how unaware most people are to how fragile our modern way of life is. I think the worst disaster would be a flood. I experienced a flooded basement apartment once and it was miserable. Luckily the flooding was contained to a very small portion of town and I had friends living in the not flooded side. I still lost most my stuff (I was in school so everything was junk hand me downs anyways). Without hijacking this tread even further off topic I will say that couponing is a really good way to stash some non perishables for when you really need them.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
So, is it feasible to do extreme couponing for short time periods?  It sounds like it requires building up store points and credits to work really well.  I could see finding the time to do this for a month or two in the winter, but definitely not spring through fall.  It would be nice to build up a year's worth of free toiletries and cleaning supplies as a little winter frugality project.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
So, is it feasible to do extreme couponing for short time periods?  It sounds like it requires building up store points and credits to work really well.  I could see finding the time to do this for a month or two in the winter, but definitely not spring through fall.  It would be nice to build up a year's worth of free toiletries and cleaning supplies as a little winter frugality project.
I do something like that.  I have free time dependent on school so, I ebb and flow at lot when it come to cvs couponing.  I often get a giftcard from mypoints ($10) to start (which takes me about 3 months, 5-10 minutes a day) and use it to roll into deals.  I then know I am going to get busy, burn my EB on a need and go dormant for a while. 

lexie2000

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 05:02:34 PM »
Extreme couponing is just a matter of buying products that you will use anyway at a very deep discount (and preferably free) in advance of need.  What makes extreme couponing "extreme" is using multiples of the same coupon to get multiples of the same product when it is at its lowest price.

ginastarke

• Stubble
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2014, 12:41:39 AM »
This thread created a monster- and it's been a lot of fun. It's been a lot easier since I can  get a preview of the upcoming paper to decide in advance if it's worth it.

Buying multiple papers? Check.
Spending my time studying coupon sites?  check. ( no big loss there- that was basically my gaming time anyway)
Stockpiling? Yup- I think I have enough detergent for 2 years
I've finally found something to tide me over between summer garage "saling" seasons :D