Author Topic: Coffeeshop Delivery  (Read 5171 times)

Imustacheyouaquestion

• Bristles
Coffeeshop Delivery
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »

AH013

• Bristles
Re: Coffeeshop Delivery
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 01:09:35 PM »
Won't work as commentators in the article noted.

You don't pay $5 for coffee.  You pay $5 to get out of the office and be around others who can understand and appreciate your appreciation for two medium cappuccinos, one coffee with room, one large mocha latte, medium macchiato, light hot chocolate hold the whip, two espressos one with a double shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VpgVWCjap4

coffeehound

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »
It's unmustachian as HELL, but there are days when I'd gladly pay to have my grande nonfat no foam latte delivered.

aussiesaver

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 01:40:52 AM »
Coffee vans that show up and deliver coffee to your office are very popular in Australia! Where I worked we would schedule  one to deliver our orders before our weekly meeting.  I've even seen them at schools at peak drop off/pick up times. Very popular with staff and parents. 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:31:21 PM »
Sounds like something that could work. There are a ton of people that will order this, every so often I'll see a post on FB about someone's spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend surprised them at work with a latte or something like that, and this made them "The best ___ ever!" I do think there is a demand for this.

I understand what the poster that said that people pay this much to go there for the ambiance and many more things, but I really see this working. I imagine corporate types will love this for meetings and for their workers.

mydogismyheart

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
Coffee vans that show up and deliver coffee to your office are very popular in Australia! Where I worked we would schedule  one to deliver our orders before our weekly meeting.  I've even seen them at schools at peak drop off/pick up times. Very popular with staff and parents.

I can totally understand it in this scenario.  We often have large company meetings and the company will pay to have some food delivered.  If it's an early meeting it's usually like bagels, breakfast sandwhiches, coffee, etc...

But if you're just ordering coffee from Starbucks or something daily to your house or office... yeah... no... of course I also can't justify drinking coffee from somewhere every single day.  I have a keurig in my office and I am allowed to use it.  I buy different creamer than what the company provides, other than that, it's very cheap. :)

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 03:16:09 PM »
The only coffee that's served at my office is Folgers, which I absolutely hate. Thankfully we have a water heater so I'll just brew tea instead. Much healthier!

rob in cal

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 03:16:44 PM »
I'd like to see how this works out, being in the delivery business myself.  Doesn't look like there is a minimum order.  From the drivers perspective I'd be wondering about how exciting it could be to make a single coffee delivery to one spot.  Tip wise one couldn't expect much per stop, unless of course there would be some bulk orders.  This looks like the exact opposite of the minimum order rule that delivery places have.  Also, the transportation logistics in terms of keeping it hot could be a problem.

greaper007

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 02:59:28 AM »
The only coffee that's served at my office is Folgers, which I absolutely hate. Thankfully we have a water heater so I'll just brew tea instead. Much healthier!

I used to carry a french press and decent coffee with me on the road.    It proved to be too difficult to clean out in airport bathrooms, but it was  a good way to save money.    It would probably work well in an office with a kitchen.

minority_finance_mo

• Pencil Stache
    • Minority Finance
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 01:47:02 AM »
So let me get this straight... Rather than making coffee at home, you typically go to the store so you don't have to do it yourself. BUT going to the store takes time too, so now some poor chap comes by and delivers your caffein fix from the coffee shop to your door, while your coffee machine sheds a single, heartbroken tear.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59:53 AM »

My current job has K-cups and there are 10 choices of coffee available (that the company absorbs the cost for). But over Christmas a lot of people wanted Starbucks Holiday blend, so a collection was taken up from employees to get that specific coffee. I did not contribute (or partake, so I don't know if this coffee was magical enough to turn down free coffee.)

Previous job was at a university, so nothing was provided. They had to be really careful about giving the employees "free" things at the expense of the state.

The job before- well, we had coffee. Some people thought it was okay, but it was typical "office" coffee.  The company put together a committee of 30 people (you had to write an essay of why you should be on the committee and your involvement in coffee drinking), who met for 6 MONTHS! to discuss coffee needs and select a new coffee for the office (about 1,000 people- so nothing would please everyone).  New coffee came and there were three reactions a) this is good, b) this is worse, and c) how much freaking money did they spend on the coffee committee when we only got .5% raises this year?  I was in group C, I don't generally drink coffee. 

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »

The company put together a committee of 30 people (you had to write an essay of why you should be on the committee and your involvement in coffee drinking), who met for 6 MONTHS! to discuss coffee needs and select a new coffee for the office (about 1,000 people- so nothing would please everyone).  New coffee came and there were three reactions a) this is good, b) this is worse, and c) how much freaking money did they spend on the coffee committee when we only got .5% raises this year? 

Oh, my god. I can so see this. Whoever started the coffee committee should have been fired. But they probably got a promotion.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!