Author Topic: clothes! make-up!  (Read 2344 times)

psychomoustache

• Bristles
  • American expat in France
clothes! make-up!
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
I've been a Dave Ramsey follower since 2007-ish.
I've always had a monthly "budget" ( I use the term very loosely) for clothes & make-up.

I realize that - after serious money/number crunching with Mr Psychomoustache that I've been spending 200 euros a month(!!!) on both (combined) categories! And - because this was within our DR "budget", I felt like I was doing a really good job. When there were sales, or when I was mad at Mr Psycho, I'd spend more, (of course). Justifiably. Of course.

I'm Psychomoustache, and I'm a nail polish addict ("Hi, Psychomoustache")

So slap me around if you will, it's scary to see how much can go out for UTTER nonsense that I don't even like. Cheap-ass clothes from China. Or more expensive clothes that are all the same of dubious quality (pay for that little ticket at the back of your neck, or the privilege of carrying the pretty little paper bag through the streets). Oy.

SMMcP

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: clothes! make-up!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:24:23 AM »
It's amazing what you discover about your spending when you really track everything.  My most wasteful spending used to be on books.  It was common for me to spend $100 or more a month in book stores and I still have books on my shelves that I haven't read.  Now I stay out of book stores entirely.  There are plenty of things to read on-line and at the library.

psychomoustache

• Bristles
  • American expat in France
Re: clothes! make-up!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »
Books here too...now I have to be careful not to I-tune the books (immediate gratification)

Lucky there are the classics available for free now in I-Tunes...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!