Author Topic: Camel-toe undies and other shit no-one needs  (Read 10886 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
Camel-toe undies and other shit no-one needs
« on: April 01, 2017, 08:28:12 PM »
You know those products that make you roll your eyes so hard they practically get stuck?

I feel the need to curate some of these, the bizarre, the redundant, the opportunistic, the ugly and the needlessly expensive.

Bring it on.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
Re: Camel-toe undies and other shit no-one needs
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 02:35:48 AM »
Egg Rollie small appliance.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 09:58:52 PM »

Yes! Thanks for playing, gooki.

Microwavable Instant Potato Bag

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
Unclutterer.com does "Unitasker Wednesday" posts regarding stupid gadgets that only do one thing (and usually pretty poorly at that).

https://unclutterer.com/category/unitasker-wednesday/

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »
Unclutterer.com does "Unitasker Wednesday" posts regarding stupid gadgets that only do one thing (and usually pretty poorly at that).

https://unclutterer.com/category/unitasker-wednesday/

Oh my god, I'm in love!

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 11:21:59 PM »
Damnit. Now I want a bed cover that makes itself for me.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 02:25:03 AM »
You really do crack me up. People on the train are giving me weird looks as I laugh out loud to these.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »
That's what I was thinking - a fashion mistake to avoid!

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 04:17:11 PM »
Regrettably, the inventors of the "Camel Toe undies" overshot their mark by several magnitudes. A camel toe being the much smaller and more discrete version of the monstrosity that is known as the "Moose Knuckle".  As is evidenced by the model in pink, they clearly are in Moose Knuckle territory.

SpeedReader

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 09:15:10 PM »
How is this even a thing??

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 12:36:01 AM »
Damnit. Now I want a bed cover that makes itself for me.

Turn and Churn!   Take your camping road trip to the next level.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 02:17:52 AM »
LMFAO at the Moose Knuckle comment :D :D :D

See here... plenty of fodder.

https://www.reddit.com/r/shutupandtakemymoney/

The Money Monk

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2017, 01:20:41 AM »
Regrettably, the inventors of the "Camel Toe undies" overshot their mark by several magnitudes. A camel toe being the much smaller and more discrete version of the monstrosity that is known as the "Moose Knuckle".  As is evidenced by the model in pink, they clearly are in Moose Knuckle territory.

I thought a moose knuckle was the male camel toe

Livingthedream55

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 01:12:53 PM »
Has anyone ever read these funny reviews? So good!   : 0 )

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1001250201

Runner5

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 05:50:14 AM »

Yes! Thanks for playing, gooki.

Microwavable Instant Potato Bag

Coming out of lurkdom to encourage you to check out Rhik Samadder's review of the egg thing https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jul/15/kitchen-gadgets-review-egg-master-horrifying-unholy-affair . All of the other reviews in his series pretty much fit with this thread's theme, too :)

MrMonkeyMoustache

• Stubble
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 06:54:07 AM »
The whole idea of these, push up/padded bras, eyeliner, blush, coverup, etc. disgusts me. If it's Halloween, I get it. But have some damn self-respect, and at least present yourself without deceit.

I don't care if eyeliner makes you look better. It's not actually YOU. You're lying to everyone you meet.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2017, 08:07:18 AM »
Everything in moderation... ;)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2017, 03:48:49 PM »
The whole idea of these, push up/padded bras, eyeliner, blush, coverup, etc. disgusts me. If it's Halloween, I get it. But have some damn self-respect, and at least present yourself without deceit.

I don't care if eyeliner makes you look better. It's not actually YOU. You're lying to everyone you meet.

Oh my god, you're right.

I think it's time I come clean.

Marty, I've known you for over a year, and we've had some good times, but ... *sob* I've been lying to you. The rim of my lower eyelid isn't naturally black; I wasn't born that way. I know this will have come as a huge shock, but please tell me you can forgive me!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 03:52:42 PM »

Oh my god, you're right.

Marty, I've known you for over a year, and we've had some good times, but ... *sob* I've been lying to you. The rim of my lower eyelid isn't naturally black; I wasn't born that way. I know this will have come as a huge shock, but please tell me you can forgive me!

I know... and I've told you it's not necessary... many times!

You simply just can't stop filtering out any thought of not wearing it when I remind you :)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »

Oh my god, you're right.

I know... and I've told you it's not necessary... many times!

You simply just can't stop filtering out any thought of not wearing it when I remind you :)

Wasn't wearing it when you visited me in hospital, but I already looked like death warmed up! :D

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 03:57:23 PM »

Eyeliner, blush and coverup is fine in moderation.

You can't sit there and say you've never obsessed over your facial hair, or spent half an hour with gel or wax and meticulously arranging every strand of hair on your head before a night out.

Stones, glass houses etc etc

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 04:47:47 AM »
Don't sweat it, Marty,

Maybe Mr Monkey is in need of these.

...give you a lift where it counts.

;)

facepalm

• Bristles
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
Making the rounds in my neck of the woods: The fidget spinner. Helps you with yer fidgeting--by fidgeting with the spinner.

PizzaSteve

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 01:21:41 AM »
Easter bon-bons. Why?!

http://www.kmart.com.au/product/easter-crackers---pack-of-8/1309824
At first i thought these were colorful easter numchucks.

I laughed so hard at this I startled my husband. :D

Someone needs to start selling these.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2017, 06:45:46 AM »
Making the rounds in my neck of the woods: The fidget spinner. Helps you with yer fidgeting--by fidgeting with the spinner.

I actually want some of these. 😬

I have an excuse, though! I teach, and fidget toys help my ADHD kids concentrate. I've got a whole collection of them. If I hadn't had fidget toys in school, I'm not sure I would have made it.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 11:28:48 AM »
My daughter's fourth grade class is crazy about them!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 09:08:55 AM »
A big deal here too. A couple have appeared at my house with my tween even buying bare bearings ($1) each and hot gluing different designs together with coins and bottle caps.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »
A cream that guarantees to make your vagina shine... VV cream maker’s promise that this product will add that “extra prettiness” to the V, brightening and minimising the appearance of skin imperfections.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/you-can-now-buy-highlight-cream-for-your-vagina/news-story/34c5fae3a8e0f7058a630feba656c0ff

Utterly ridiculous.

At least the reporter was honest.

Now, my vagina isn’t what I would call pretty, and its skin is far from perfect. But as a grown, married woman with very rare occasion to flash my bits, it’s not something that particularly bothers me. I find it challenging enough to maintain a face care regimen, let alone worry about anything else.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 05:17:30 AM »
A cream that guarantees to make your vagina shine... VV cream maker’s promise that this product will add that “extra prettiness” to the V, brightening and minimising the appearance of skin imperfections.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/you-can-now-buy-highlight-cream-for-your-vagina/news-story/34c5fae3a8e0f7058a630feba656c0ff

Utterly ridiculous.

Now, my vagina isn’t what I would call pretty, and its skin is far from perfect. But as a grown, married woman with very rare occasion to flash my bits, it’s not something that particularly bothers me. I find it challenging enough to maintain a face care regimen, let alone worry about anything else.

Ahhh... proof there's a market for anything.

Here's a question... who did they recruit to test a product like this? And which science grad goes into a lab and thinks they'll end up applying and examining the results of prototype creams to lady bits for a living...

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

Utterly ridiculous.

I don't know how she would know that her vagina isn't pretty unless she has compared it to others.
https://www.amazon.com/Femalia-Joani-Blank/dp/0867197587
For scientific, artistic and those who are curious.

Description:
"Thirty-two full-color photographs of women's genitals reflect the diversity of women's bodies. Therapists, sex educators, women's health clinicians -- and all women -- will find this volume a welcome addition to their libraries. "You will find these images some of the most beautiful you've ever seen, or be shocked by them. This book is a magic mirror letting you know exactly how you feel about female genitalia. It's a perfect coffee table book." Annie Sprinkle, Performance Artist "In these photographs of the vulva the hidden is revealed--as a reality and as an art form. The anatomic variability which makes each human face distinct is clearly reflected all over our bodies, and is now appreciated in the 'femalia'." Sadja Greenwood, M.D., "M.H.P., Author, Menopause, Naturally

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 09:56:24 AM »

Utterly ridiculous.

I don't know how she would know that her vagina isn't pretty unless she has compared it to others.
https://www.amazon.com/Femalia-Joani-Blank/dp/0867197587
For scientific, artistic and those who are curious.

Description:
"Thirty-two full-color photographs of women's genitals reflect the diversity of women's bodies. Therapists, sex educators, women's health clinicians -- and all women -- will find this volume a welcome addition to their libraries. "You will find these images some of the most beautiful you've ever seen, or be shocked by them. This book is a magic mirror letting you know exactly how you feel about female genitalia. It's a perfect coffee table book." Annie Sprinkle, Performance Artist "In these photographs of the vulva the hidden is revealed--as a reality and as an art form. The anatomic variability which makes each human face distinct is clearly reflected all over our bodies, and is now appreciated in the 'femalia'." Sadja Greenwood, M.D., "M.H.P., Author, Menopause, Naturally

I think I'll pass on the link, but I have seen a documentary where some guy makes molds and then displays them all together!  That was kind of a crazy one...

BTDretire

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 10:49:08 AM »
 I do agree, one reading/viewing is enough!
 I bought it years ago when Dr. Dean was on the radio, if anyone listened to him.
Loved his show and miss him.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!