Author Topic: Bottle Service  (Read 3611 times)

Chris Pascale

• Handlebar Stache
Bottle Service
« on: March 08, 2020, 08:16:53 PM »
Was out with the Missus and on the menu was a bottle of Dom Perignon for $1,550. A quick Google and I see that I can buy my own elsewhere for $160. They also had Absolut Vodka for $400 ($23 retail).

Now, obviously there is some real value in this. I mean, do you really want some amateur doofus - a mere service industry employee - pouring your drinks? Of course not! If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal
Re: Bottle Service
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 03:00:52 AM »
Crazy markup.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 06:16:38 AM »
Paying for the privilege of being seen spending money.

martyconlonontherun

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 06:22:45 AM »
Not my seen, but if your partying isn't more cost efficient for 10 people a bottle at $400 instead of paying $20 a drink without the special seating area? I dont think the bottle service is the bad choice but rather the choice of club to begin with

YttriumNitrate

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 07:16:55 AM »
Not my seen, but if your partying isn't more cost efficient for 10 people a bottle at $400 instead of paying $20 a drink without the special seating area? I dont think the bottle service is the bad choice but rather the choice of club to begin with

Standard shots in bars tend to be around 1.25 oz or ~37 ml. If the bottle is a standard 750 ml one, then that means there are just about 20 servings in the bottle, so it would cost about the same for ten people to each get two drinks at $20 a pop.

AM43

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 07:25:38 AM »

If you want bottle service, its 4 heads per bottle.
You'd have to purchase 2-3 bottles for 10 people.
Even 2 bottles at $400 per bottle plus 20% tip you are out of $960 which comes out to approx $100 per head.
Depending on event, sometimes its worth to pay it for a privilege of having your own space to sit down.
Whole thing is so stupid and such a waste of money.

Boll weevil

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
Was out with the Missus and on the menu was a bottle of Dom Perignon for $1,550. A quick Google and I see that I can buy my own elsewhere for $160. They also had Absolut Vodka for $400 ($23 retail).

Now, obviously there is some real value in this. I mean, do you really want some amateur doofus - a mere service industry employee - pouring your drinks? Of course not! If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Do they actually pour all the drinks? I was under the impression they poured the first round and after that you do the pouring yourself.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 11:20:48 AM »
Depending on event, sometimes its worth to pay it for a privilege of having your own space to sit down.

I do pay for the priviledge each month when I make my mortgage payment. My house includes a patio, a front porch and a back porch which is screened in. Glorious place to enjoy a beer and a ball game on the radio. ;)

aceyou

• Handlebar Stache
    • Life is Good - Aceyou's Journal
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »

I do pay for the priviledge each month when I make my mortgage payment. My house includes a patio, a front porch and a back porch which is screened in. Glorious place to enjoy a beer and a ball game on the radio. ;)

Well played:)

Wintergreen78

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 04:24:42 PM »
My doctor friends with the fancy house on the top of the hill have a keg in their kitchen and invite people over all the time. They decided buying everyone else beer at their house actually cheaper than going out for drinks.

exterous

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 11:13:46 AM »
Not all places have the same requirements for person per bottle and it's often quite negotiable. A friend of mine is a very gifted schmoozer and has gotten us bottle service for a fraction of the stated price. Highly variable results of that of course but I will admit I do like the better vantage point, lower crowds and not waiting in line for drinks.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!