Author Topic: Are Uber cross-promotions anti-mustachian?  (Read 2488 times)

AMexicanHipster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Are Uber cross-promotions anti-mustachian?
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:27:44 AM »
Hello there.

Recently in my city, Uber has had some cross-promotion deals. For those who are not aware, you request an Uber car with a special button on the app, and minutes (or hours, depending how lucky you are) later, an Uber driver comes to your location and deliver your goods. These goods are usually small treats (cookies, ice cream pops, chocolate, etc). Then Uber charges you a small amount for the ride.

Right now, they are delivering Magnum  ice cream bars. People on my social apps are sharing pictures of their recently delivered bars, which they are coming ~$2 USD per ride. A friend said that on his workplace about 15 separate orders have been placed.

And I am here like, what the hell is wrong with you people. Are you physically incapable of going to a ice cream shop near you or something?

I dunno guys, everything here seems like a huge waste. All that gas, the drivers time, etc. Not to mention insane stuff like that guy and his 15 orders. Like, come on.

PointC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Are Uber cross-promotions anti-mustachian?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:12:28 PM »
Yep, I feel the same way. I live downtown Toronto and it boggles my mind how many of my friends use things like uber eats. If you're that set on eating out, you literally live within 500 m of all kinds of different restaurants not to mention all the ones you pass on your commute. Don't pay a guy to drive your dinner across the street!!

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:38:35 AM »
I keep wondering what it will be like when cars are truly self-driving. Some people will be sending their cars on all sorts of useless trips. 200 miles to go get them the "best burger for five counties"... Or something like that.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:38:14 AM »
Aren't those magnum bars over $1 each at the grocery store?  I'm pretty sure they are much more than that from the ice cream truck.  Having one delivered for only $2 seems reasonable.

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 10:41:27 AM »
And now Uber can send you all sorts of advertisements... No. No thanks.