Author Topic: Apple releases $300 catalo - ahem, coffee table book. It's a consumer's bible.  (Read 3520 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
Running out of Christmas ideas for that diehard Apple fan in your life? Well, how about a $299 coffee table book filled with 450 photographs of Apple products.

The iPhone-maker unveiled just such a tome today, announcing that the book will go on sale tomorrow at Apple.com and in select Apple retail stores. It’s a hardcover edition, bound in linen, and is available in two sizes: $199 for a smaller 10.20" x 12.75" version, and $299 for a larger 13" x 16.25" edition.

The book is simply titled Designed by Apple in California — a name that somehow manages to be both humble and incredibly pretentious at the same time.

The photos inside are all new images shot by Andrew Zuckerman, and will show off 20 years of Apple design "in a deliberately spare style." In a press statement, chief designer Jony Ive described the book as "a gentle gathering of many of the products the team has designed over the years," and hoped that it would serve as a "resource for students of all design disciplines."

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/15/13635788/apple-coffee-table-book-products-images

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
Replace apple with X (ess glamorious company) and this coffee book becomes something that the CEO of X gives vindictively to all employees instead of a Christmas bonus.

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
"It's one book, Michael. What could it cost? $300?"

Shamelessly stolen from my friend.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Replace apple with X (ess glamorious company) and this coffee book becomes something that the CEO of X gives vindictively to all employees instead of a Christmas bonus.

I got one of those from a previous company.  WTH am I supposed to do with that? 

Of course, we never got bonuses anyway, but still- I don't want this!

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
Hey, having the book printed up is cheaper than a $1500 per employee bonus...

Thank you everyone! We had an amazing year this year, dear employees. And all you're going to get is this lousy T-shirt... ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:50:30 PM by Joe Lucky »

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
Apple isn't giving these to employees, and as far as I know, they don't give a $1500 (or any) holiday bonus either.

They pay pretty decently.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
I love how the chief designer himself calls the book Ironic.  Can't get much more hipster than that.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!