Author Topic: Antimustachianism in Movies  (Read 10948 times)

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
Re: Antimustachianism in Movies
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2019, 10:47:32 AM »
They could find ways to alert people without printing out a lot of paper that is inevitably going to be thrown away (probably 90% of which won't even be read first).
Such as? (And it can't be: go online, because older people might not be willing to.)

Assuming you have a sane recycling system, then the ecological cost isn't bad for paper.
And younger people might not be willing to deal with a goddamn newspaper.  At least there's no physical cost to a simple email list.

I'm another person that gets some non-optional "local news" shoved into my mailbox every so often.  I will seek out news if I want it - I don't need it to shoved in my face.  It goes straight into the recycling every time, along with the rest of the junk mail.  Maybe there's something worth reading in there; I wouldn't know.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:49:44 AM by ketchup »

Phenix

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
They could find ways to alert people without printing out a lot of paper that is inevitably going to be thrown away (probably 90% of which won't even be read first).
Such as? (And it can't be: go online, because older people might not be willing to.)

Assuming you have a sane recycling system, then the ecological cost isn't bad for paper.

Any important announcements in my area are in the newsletter that comes with our utility bill.  Folks are much more likely to open up their utility bill than a wad of paper in a plastic bag thrown in the front yard.

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »
"This is 40" was very anti-mustachian. They were dumb with money in a big way. For example, despite struggling, when she found out her employee was stealing, she let her off the hook.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!