Author Topic: Annual smartphone upgrading  (Read 2866 times)

mbk

• Stubble
Annual smartphone upgrading
« on: July 16, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
Re: Annual smartphone upgrading
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 06:05:57 AM »
I bought my Samsung Galaxy S2 a year ago, just after it had been made "obsolete" by the S3 and now the S4. It is such a magnificent smart phone that I wonder what all the fuss is about the newer models, so I'm not surprised other folks are holding onto theirs too. Even my 22 year old son resisted the urge to upgrade from his iPhone4 to a 4S and now 5 when his contract ran out because he is perfectly happy with what he already has. The consumers are revolting, haha!

PantsOnFire

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »
One of my most anti-mustachian co-workers upgrades approximately every 6 months.  She was recently telling someone that her financial advisor (who seems to be a F%^&ing crook) recommended she hold off a few more months before upgrading.  Not so that she can get today's #1 phone for a discount when the new #1 comes out, just so that she doesn't have to upgrade twice before the summer is over.  What a giant leap that must be for her. 

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 02:32:22 PM »
One of my most anti-mustachian co-workers upgrades approximately every 6 months.  She was recently telling someone that her financial advisor (who seems to be a F%^&ing crook) recommended she hold off a few more months before upgrading.  Not so that she can get today's #1 phone for a discount when the new #1 comes out, just so that she doesn't have to upgrade twice before the summer is over.  What a giant leap that must be for her.

I upgrade some time after my contract runs out (2-3 years) because ... Hey (almost) free phone.  But every six months?  Ain't nobody got time for that!