Author Topic: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Save Your Money [Satire]  (Read 2884 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
5 Reasons Why You Should Never Save Your Money [Satire]
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
Hope someone else gets a laugh out of this.

4. People with money can afford to cover emergencies, which causes them to happen

Here is a perfectly sound logical argument for you.

Emergencies Happen
Emergencies cost money
People with money to pay for emergencies will pay for them
People without money will not pay for emergencies
You can handle emergencies
If you have no money, you cannot have an emergency.

http://realityhertz.org/2018/01/14/5-reasons-never-save-money/

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Save Your Money [Satire]
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:33:24 PM »

Love it, but they forgot a few
6. If you don't spend your money, it will mysteriously vanish. Seriously. My SIL told me she had to buy a new washer and dryer as soon as she got her tax return money because she wouldn't have the money if she waited for it to go on sale.

7. Available credit is the same as actually having money.  Heard this from same SIL. As in "I have x amount of money on my Visa card".

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »

6. If you don't spend your money, it will mysteriously vanish. Seriously. My SIL told me she had to buy a new washer and dryer as soon as she got her tax return money because she wouldn't have the money if she waited for it to go on sale.

7. Available credit is the same as actually having money.  Heard this from same SIL. As in "I have x amount of money on my Visa card".

Oh, man. Those two bring back some memories from Hillbilly Mountain. We literally thought money was magical and it would disappear if we didn't spend it as soon as possible. Most of the time, it would vanish into car repairs, unexpected medical expenses, school expenses, loans to friends and relatives, or job losses.

Credit cards were magical as well and we didn't expect to ever pay them back. One trick people used was to max out the card somewhere and then report it stolen to try to con the company into canceling their repayment. Sometimes that worked.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 04:50:16 AM »

Oh, man. Those two bring back some memories from Hillbilly Mountain. We literally thought money was magical and it would disappear if we didn't spend it as soon as possible. Most of the time, it would vanish into car repairs, unexpected medical expenses, school expenses, loans to friends and relatives, or job losses.

Credit cards were magical as well and we didn't expect to ever pay them back. One trick people used was to max out the card somewhere and then report it stolen to try to con the company into canceling their repayment. Sometimes that worked.

And sometimes it didn't? Obviously when the Bank investigates the security tapes of the stores where the 'fraud' happened, there will be problems...

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:54:42 AM »

And sometimes it didn't? Obviously when the Bank investigates the security tapes of the stores where the 'fraud' happened, there will be problems...

What's a security camera? Is that something flatlanders use these days? [/sarcasm]

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 08:31:08 AM »

Money burns holes in your pockets. We've all heard about that since we were children.