Author Topic: 2000km Commute (Satire)  (Read 2164 times)

jambongris

• Bristles
2000km Commute (Satire)
« on: July 12, 2016, 04:52:49 AM »
Satirical video from the CBC about ridiculous commutes.

2000km Commute

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 2000km Commute (Satire)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 07:10:07 AM »
I love "This is That" on CBC radio, which is done by the same guys who did this video.  It's like the Onion for radio, but since it comes on a (normally serious news reporting) CBC channel lots of people actually fall for the satirical new stories they do.  They did one a while back about a guy that commuted across Toronto by bicycle like 4 hours each way or something

FIREby35

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »
Ahh, satire revealing truth. Ask someone about why they drive for such a long commute and their answers make about that much sense (usually).

Thanks for posting.

meghan88

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »
Ahh, satire revealing truth. Ask someone about why they drive for such a long commute and their answers make about that much sense (usually).
Oh ya.  Totally agree - I just wish the commute-justifiers could hear themselves.  Personally I'd move house and downsize to a studio rather than commute anywhere by car.  A 1-hour commute each way amounts to a full extra workday per week, and all the pollution and cost that comes with it.  Nuh-uh.

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 11:55:58 AM »
Oh ya.  Totally agree - I just wish the commute-justifiers could hear themselves.  Personally I'd move house and downsize to a studio rather than commute anywhere by car.  A 1-hour commute each way amounts to a full extra workday per week, and all the pollution and cost that comes with it.  Nuh-uh.

I wish I could commute less, but my client locations change every 6-12 months and sometimes they are close (5miles) and sometimes they are far (up to 30miles ONE WAY) but I do charge more for the latter. So I can think of it like overtime...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!