Author Topic: Antimustachian car lots  (Read 3689 times)

sovereign

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Antimustachian car lots
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »
That's a lot of potential retirement money sitting on four wheels. ;)

Feel free to post your own local luxury car lot pictures.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
Re: Antimustachian car lots
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »
I know jack about cars. Are all of these supposed to be really expensive? The property itself doesn't look all that impressive.

sovereign

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
Most of the BMWs, Audis, and Mercedes are probably $40K or more.  The black Mercedes S class is over $100K.  Not sure about the Bentley.  This is the overflow lot behind the dealership.

CmFtns

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:36:36 PM »
Not luxury but i bet there's some pretty unmustacian loans at this local gem... =)

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 08:01:06 AM »
A friend recently bought a smallish German SUV. Surprisingly book is about $25K for a 40K mile example. Affordable to buy (in the typical consumer universe) but I'll have to wait 5 or 6 years to see whether it was reliable or not.

Gondolin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 08:14:37 AM »
On the street were I work there are 5 dealerships in a row for:

Honda
Volvo
Nissan
BMW

and...wait for it...

A joint Lamborghini / Mini Cooper venture.

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »
Image of an Antimustachian car lot? Bring up a Google Maps satellite view of Houston. Done. ;)

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 12:35:36 PM »
Most of the BMWs, Audis, and Mercedes are probably $40K or more.  The black Mercedes S class is over $100K.  Not sure about the Bentley.  This is the overflow lot behind the dealership.

Don't forget the Maybach all the way to the right

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »
Not sure about the Bentley.

The Bentley looks like an Arnage, no newer than 2005. They ran $200k+ new. Possibly $250-300k with highest trim, options, and taxes. Today the average price for a 2003-2005 Arnage on AutoTrader is $50k... That's some brutal depreciation.

Chris22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »

LOL that's a Hyundai Equus, not a Maybach ($70k instead of $350k).  Laughing because that's the sort of mis-identification Hyundai fantasizes about.

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »

LOL that's a Hyundai Equus, not a Maybach ($70k instead of $350k).  Laughing because that's the sort of mis-identification Hyundai fantasizes about.

Is it? Man, I haven't been paying enough attention.

Nemesis.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Zazzle site
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »
Image of an Antimustachian car lot? Bring up a Google Maps satellite view of Houston. Done. ;)

I assume you mean I-45 in either direction within 20 miles of downtown? Or maybe the 610 loop near the Galleria? I especially like 59 SW on a Friday afternoon!

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 06:50:27 AM »
A friend recently bought a smallish German SUV. Surprisingly book is about $25K for a 40K mile example. Affordable to buy (in the typical consumer universe) but I'll have to wait 5 or 6 years to see whether it was reliable or not.

I can assure you that multiple four figure repairs, loaner cars, and unhappiness are a lot closer that 5 or 6 years away, when it comes to buying used Eurotrash. If you can't resist, buy from Carmax, pay for the bumper to bumper extended warranty, and get chummy with your local dealer's service writer. Other than that, it's all self inflicted wounds.

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 07:53:14 AM »

I can assure you that multiple four figure repairs, loaner cars, and unhappiness are a lot closer that 5 or 6 years away, when it comes to buying used Eurotrash. If you can't resist, buy from Carmax, pay for the bumper to bumper extended warranty, and get chummy with your local dealer's service writer. Other than that, it's all self inflicted wounds.

If you're going to do that, get a Jaaaaag.