Author Topic: (Probably) FIRE'd individual mocked on Urban Baby  (Read 4711 times)

Jessamine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
(Probably) FIRE'd individual mocked on Urban Baby
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:29:07 PM »
I don't suppose the IWP is a poster here.... is he?  If his most stressful moment in an otherwise fulfilling life is worrying about oversleeping a nap and getting wrinkled laundry, sounds like FI to me!  The other posters are, of course, ridiculing him for not having a maid or housekeeper to do the laundry for him.

On the other hand, could be a troll who just enjoys getting a rise out of high-income folks who can't imagine anything that doesn't jive with their own expensive lifestyles.

http://www.urbanbaby.com/topics/55831191

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
Re: (Probably) FIRE'd individual mocked on Urban Baby
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
I love the self-styled "Independently Wealthy SAHMs"  (Stay at Home Moms).

Um, news flash, IWSAHMs (and IWSAHDs):

If the only reason you're wealthy is because your husband has a job that is supporting you, you're not "Independently Wealthy".   You're "dependently wealthy".  Your wealth depends on someone else supporting you.|

That's not a dig on SAHMs.  (Or SAHDs either, for that matter.)   Not a thing wrong with being just that, so long as both parties in the relationship are in agreement.

Not a thing wrong if you're a SAHM/D and you've also honestly become financially INDEPENDENT either.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:23:08 AM »
"I'm not wealthy and even I don't do my own laundry. Don't think you're actually so wealthy."
  "Sometimes I take it to the dry cleaner but it's a lot of working driving there twice."
    "yeah, again, you can't be that wealthy. I have someone that does this for me. And no, you don't dry clean everything, you have it
     laundered. I'm not washing sheets, towels, etc."

Contributing factor as to why you're NOT yet wealthy...?

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:27:47 AM »
That whole thread reads like sarcasm to me.

The Guru

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 11:27:47 AM »
I scanned as much of that exchange as i could stomach. if that's what some young parents do with their precious free time, I fear for their kids- not to mention the country by extension. it sounds like middle-school bickering. Or a Presidential tweet. (speaking of fear for the country...)

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 01:56:27 PM »
"LOL, you sound insecure and miserable. I'm 28 with a trust fund. My maid does my laundry. I'm currently on two week vacation from my SAHW life. I got on 1-2 vacations a month. I pity you."

Hah!   Anyone who takes 1-2 vacations a month, without her young kids, at 2 weeks each, isn't really a SAHW.  ?

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »
Reminds me of a post I remember someone making on Facebook a few years ago, "You only become a professional when you have to take your clothes to the dry cleaning instead of washing them yourself."

She got a ton of likes.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 07:50:30 AM »
"LOL, you sound insecure and miserable. I'm 28 with a trust fund. My maid does my laundry. I'm currently on two week vacation from my SAHW life. I got on 1-2 vacations a month. I pity you."

Hah!   Anyone who takes 1-2 vacations a month, without her young kids, at 2 weeks each, isn't really a SAHW.  ?

Wouldn't that be vacationing the whole month aka all the time, year round? Its always good to raising your kids yourself and not to rely on the maid.