Author Topic: "Rollin' Coal"?  (Read 35445 times)

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
"Rollin' Coal"?
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »
Just came across this today and...I just don't understand.

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/society/dicks-pick-trucks-meme-rollin-coal/

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
Re: "Rollin' Coal"?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
That is one of the stupidest things I have ever read.  And it should be illegal, it would seriously cause an accident.

RFAAOATB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Now I know we need to raise the gasoline tax.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
Now I know we need to raise the gasoline tax.

You mean the diesel tax.  Actually, lets just institute an idiot tax.

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »
My neighbour did this yesterday! Actually she didn't mean to, she accidentally put diesel into her petrol car. Sounded like shit and belched out clouds of smoke, although hers was white.

Not sure how the car is today.

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 05:31:49 PM »
There's a handful of guys at work who do this... I don't get it. Their favorite thing is to smoke out punk kids in their Hondas...

that said, when I was operating our old D8 bulldozer clearing brush... there was something satisfying about the high velocity, jet black exhaust stream launching out of the 6" unmuffled exhaust stack... giving a visual indicator of how much power the turbocharged 13+ liter enginemade while struggling to move a house sized pile of debris... but I disgress.

Reepekg

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
So I actually work as a diesel aftertreatment engineer designing systems to reduce smog and particulate emissions, and I run into this redneck attitude in some of our customers all the time.

"How do you know it's doin' any work if you can't see black smoke?!" Ummm... from the huge pile of earth you just moved? You do realize the same engine has more power and gets better fuel economy than a couple years ago, right?

Nothing is more satisfying than hearing the same people that proudly claim "The first thing I'm gonna do is rip off that emissions shit" complaining that they had to take their engine in for service because of an emissions-related inducement lock.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:31:48 PM by Reepekg »

warfreak2

• Handlebar Stache
    • Music by me
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »

Hold on, these guys are actually admitting it's a penis substitute?

SpeedReader

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »

Yep.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 08:04:10 PM »

I keep my "manhood" in my pants*, not my driveway!

That said, I have to admit that I like the sound my diesel makes and that it emits a little more smoke than strictly necessary. However, it's a VW New Beetle and the only reason it smokes at all is that it has an aftermarket tune for efficiency (i.e., fuel economy and power -- which one you get depends on how hard you put your foot down) instead of emissions. I also usually use 100% biodiesel, which helps (whenever I have to fill up with dino-diesel I look in my rear-view mirror and think something's wrong with the car...).

It should be noted that "rollin coal" is not a legitimate thing for "tuned" vehicles. A little smoke is necessary, but huge clouds of it are caused only by dumping tons of unburnt fuel down the exhaust, which wastes power.

(* except when I'm not wearing any!)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:05:47 PM by Jack »

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »
Yea in the Midwest I see this a lot. Most of these trucks never even get used for what they are intended for. I used to own a dodge 1 ton diesel (just stock exhaust) but mine would get used in us full capacity hauling bales, water, and cattle from place to place. They really are amazing pieces of equipment. It didn't move unless it was doing work that my S10 chevy couldn't handle. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw this describes the mentality these guys have (not just chevy owners either)

EricL

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 09:11:46 AM »
That's just...retarded. 

Mississippi Mudstache

• Handlebar Stache
    • A Riving Home - Ramblings of a Recusant Woodworker
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 09:13:07 AM »

Yep.

And that they don't know the difference between an apostrophe and quotation marks.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »
Wow, what a bunch of assholes.

No Name Guy

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »
Same 'tude as the holier-than-thou enviro nut cases, just flipped 180.  At least these clowns aren't trying to stick a gun in your face to force you to hew to their preferred actions.

Meh....

Stupid is as stupid does, be it these knuckleheads or the vegan freaks.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/casselberry-mom-refused-to-take-child-to-hospital-over-vegan-beliefs/26657244

shotgunwilly

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 10:30:24 AM »
The people doing this are "boys" and certainly not "manly men" as quoted in the article.  I own a truck, because I need one, but why would you do this??? Tools for sure.  Reminds me of all the kids driving jacked up trucks and diesels around that don't have a scratch and have never pulled anything in their lives. 

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 10:35:56 AM »
Same 'tude as the holier-than-thou enviro nut cases, just flipped 180.  At least these clowns aren't trying to stick a gun in your face to force you to hew to their preferred actions.

Meh....

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/casselberry-mom-refused-to-take-child-to-hospital-over-vegan-beliefs/26657244

And the same sociopathic attitude as the prius drivers going 50 in the left lane, or the bicyclist choosing to cause a traffic jam on this particular bridge by riding on the road when there's a perfectly good bike trail in the area. Those guys deserve a little coal rollin.'

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »

Meh....

And the same sociopathic attitude as the prius drivers going 50 in the left lane, or the bicyclist choosing to cause a traffic jam on this particular bridge by riding on the road when there's a perfectly good bike trail in the area. Those guys deserve a little coal rollin.'

I cycle on the road despite the fact that there are some bike paths in the area.  Often bike paths don't go in the same direction as a road and are not safely designed.  I try to pick routes that are less heavily traveled, and give vehicles space to pass when it's safe to do so.  Not seeing where that turns into sociopathic attitude though . . .

Being vegan doesn't necessarily have anything to do with environmentalism . . . just like choosing to eat bacon doesn't make you antisemitic.  Driving too slowly in the left lane is a dick behavior, but certainly not one exclusively practiced by Prius owners.

There are no examples of 'holier-than-thou enviro nut cases' in any of the cases brought up here that I can see.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »

Meh....

I cycle on the road despite the fact that there are some bike paths in the area.  Often bike paths don't go in the same direction as a road and are not safely designed.  I try to pick routes that are less heavily traveled, and give vehicles space to pass when it's safe to do so.  Not seeing where that turns into sociopathic attitude though . . .

Being vegan doesn't necessarily have anything to do with environmentalism . . . just like choosing to eat bacon doesn't make you antisemitic.  Driving too slowly in the left lane is a dick behavior, but certainly not one exclusively practiced by Prius owners.

There are no examples of 'holier-than-thou enviro nut cases' in any of the cases brought up here that I can see.

I'm pretty sure ncornilsen and No Name Guy accidentally posted on the wrong website today.

No Name Guy

• Bristles
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:55 PM »
Dragon, you apparently don't get it.

Stupid behavior is stupid behavior, period, especially when its directed at others. 

Be it wantonly belching pollution at others as these knuckleheads in the OP are doing, apparently for the sake of their so called "manhood", or by prissy Prius drivers who willfully block traffic "to slow folks down" to jerk self important cyclists who ride double wide or don't take advantage of wide, clean shoulders to allow traffic to flow, to psycho vegan moms withholding medical care from their infant.  I see plenty of the latter forms of jerkdom here in the Great Soviet of Seattle, and thankfully little of the OP behavior.  I suspect if I lived in Okanagon or Ok City, I'd see more of the former than the latter.

And I'll add that, sadly, it's been my observation that more often it is those people who are closer to the latter three cases of jerk behavior above who tend to wish to use the coercive power of Government (e.g. stick a gun in your face) to force others to behave as they do. 

A couple examples here in Seattle:  "Road Diets" and willfully timing traffic signals to create back ups. 

These so called coal rollers won't get on their high horse and try and force a prius driver to sell their chosen vehicle and get a big dualie diesel truck, or move from their efficient little apartment into a McMansion in the country, whereas the other way around.......the "prius" driver types have been there and are doing that in cities across 'Merica.  I'm not shocked that there's blowback....just dismayed at how stupid the form of the blowback is.

Sorry you don't get it there Dragon....I get neither the coal rollers, nor their polar opposites, the latter type which I see all the time here in the PNW.  Both are willful assholes, but at least with the former, they stop at blowing a bit of soot at you, while the latter will never leave you alone since they're out to do "good".

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »

Stupid behavior is stupid behavior, period, especially when its directed at others. 

Be it wantonly belching pollution at others as these knuckleheads in the OP are doing, apparently for the sake of their so called "manhood", or by prissy Prius drivers who willfully block traffic "to slow folks down" to jerk self important cyclists who ride double wide or don't take advantage of wide, clean shoulders to allow traffic to flow, to psycho vegan moms withholding medical care from their infant.  I see plenty of the latter forms of jerkdom here in the Great Soviet of Seattle, and thankfully little of the OP behavior.  I suspect if I lived in Okanagon or Ok City, I'd see more of the former than the latter.

And I'll add that, sadly, it's been my observation that more often it is those people who are closer to the latter three cases of jerk behavior above who tend to wish to use the coercive power of Government (e.g. stick a gun in your face) to force others to behave as they do. 

A couple examples here in Seattle:  "Road Diets" and willfully timing traffic signals to create back ups. 

These so called coal rollers won't get on their high horse and try and force a prius driver to sell their chosen vehicle and get a big dualie diesel truck, or move from their efficient little apartment into a McMansion in the country, whereas the other way around.......the "prius" driver types have been there and are doing that in cities across 'Merica.  I'm not shocked that there's blowback....just dismayed at how stupid the form of the blowback is.

Sorry you don't get it there Dragon....I get neither the coal rollers, nor their polar opposites, the latter type which I see all the time here in the PNW.  Both are willful assholes, but at least with the former, they stop at blowing a bit of soot at you, while the latter will never leave you alone since they're out to do "good".

I get what you're saying, and you're wrong.  Coal rollers are trying to hurt people, both specific people, and everyone who breathes air.  Even your hypothetical asshole Prius driver (I live in the SF bay area and have never seen a Prius trying to slow down traffic) is trying to help people, although in a misguided way.  They are not comparable.

If you think you're going to get a good response by using insulting language towards Prius drivers and cyclists, I still think you're on the wrong website.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:50:11 PM by dragoncar »

warfreak2

• Handlebar Stache
    • Music by me
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »

Be it wantonly belching pollution at others as these knuckleheads in the OP are doing, apparently for the sake of their so called "manhood", or by prissy Prius drivers who willfully block traffic "to slow folks down" to jerk self important cyclists who ride double wide or don't take advantage of wide, clean shoulders to allow traffic to flow, to psycho vegan moms withholding medical care from their infant.
Or, indeed, internet trolls who post tirades against vegans and cyclists on a thread which has nothing to do with veganism or cycling, on a forum with many cyclists and a fair few vegans too...

You know, if you wanted a thread which was just a list of people you hate, you could have started one yourself. I doubt we'd be interested in it, though, and maybe that's clue to why nobody appreciates you posting the same in an unrelated thread.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:55:19 PM by warfreak2 »

Ayanka

• Stubble
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 02:05:18 PM »
Try increasing the cost of diesel/fuel to 7-8 dollars/gallon, that helped inhere.

Eric

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »
Wow.  That is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long long time.

Jennifer in Ottawa

• Stubble
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »
I guess this is their way of proclaiming to everyone within sight "Why yes, I am an asshole.  Thank you for noticing."

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »
I will admit I do see the appeal if not for the negative side effects it has. The shear power these machines have (smoke not included) is impressive. I put it on the same scale as smoking cigarettes.  It's very fun while you are doing it but the long term effects are not good.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »

Yea in the Midwest I see this a lot. Most of these trucks never even get used for what they are intended for. I used to own a dodge 1 ton diesel (just stock exhaust) but mine would get used in us full capacity hauling bales, water, and cattle from place to place. They really are amazing pieces of equipment. It didn't move unless it was doing work that my S10 chevy couldn't handle. www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHtcUZXljw this describes the mentality these guys have (not just chevy owners either)

Ha! This is what YouTube was made for. This man is legitimately funny.

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:21 PM »
By the by, I can totally get behind having a truck if you actually use it regularly. I can even understand (if not support) having one that you use for truck-y purposes rarely to never, just because you appreciate the machine.

What I don't get is taking a machine that by its nature is inefficient, that others (engineers) are trying to make more clean and efficient, then spending a ton of money to make it use more gas (that costs money) for no tangible purpose than to be a jerk to others. And I don't just mean messing with the Prius driver's visibilty, I mean that this black smoke is carcinogenic and triggers asthma and allergies. You're literally decreasing the lifespans and quality of life of total strangers. Or maybe your own grandma. It's just stupid and wasteful.

Personally, I think a man knows how to take care of his things. Including his air.

EMP

• Bristles
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »
I thought this was just more sensationalism/fear mongering until I realized I bike past one every day.  I'm tempted to change my route.

Erica/NWEdible

• Pencil Stache
    • Northwest Edible Life - life on garden time
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 09:23:18 AM »
My awesome, rural, 100%-country-boy-cred-having brother-in-law sees stuff like that and says, "Awe, sorry about your dick, man."

Forcus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
It's not really about the truck.

Today it's huge wheels / tiny tires, or "stancing" / stretching, etc. For the truck guys, huge lifts, ugly wheels, rolling coal (which is not en vogue with the entire truck audience... I find it obnoxious)
00's it was neons, stereos, lambo doors
90's loud exhausts, bigs and littles, lowered to the ground, mini trucks and layin frame
80's pro street, neon paint, graphics
70's stinkbug stance, airbrushing
60's Cragar's and air shocks
50's Lake pipes, Hollywoods, flame shooters, chopped tops
40's Gow jobs, no fenders

I'm sure if people could modify their horses and wagons to get more attention they would have. Most of the above have no functional benefit (and can even be a detraction)

Bottom line, there will always be a segment of people who are attracted to automobiles for good or bad, want attention, for good or bad, and will do obnoxious things to get it (like rolling coal). I just chalk it up to one of those things that some people (some!) grow out of.

LalsConstant

• Bristles
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 09:30:16 AM »
Well, to add fuel to the fire, I am not saying I agree that Prii (that's the plural of Prius right?) drivers are any more dickish than any other drivers because dickishness is a function of the driver's character, not the vehicle's.

However I would point out that not all Prii driver dickery is like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ

Now is this typical of Prius drivers?  Not at all.  Not even a little bit.  But this is a stereotype that is out there and all stereotypes contain some truth or they wouldn't be stereotypes.  These people are out there and getting lots of attention.

This seems harmless, she's just talking right?

But is this harmless really?  Accosting people in public like this and creating a tense situation for no reason can't lead to anything good, you shouldn't put other people in a position where they might feel defensive or threatened unless there's a good reason to do so.   People can't read your mind, they can't know you don't actually intend to hurt them.  In many jurisdictions if this man had physically stopped this woman from going near his family, he'd have a viable legal defense in court.  Thankfully he seems to have read the woman accurately, but what happens when she does this to somebody not as empathic or savvy?

The Prii dickery I have encountered myself is more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpFHf0HwaDc

This is incredibly dangerous.  This "rollin' coal" in public nonsense is too, but let's not act like the dickery of one group of dicks is inherently better than another group of dicks.

Also, I am not saying all Prius drivers or diesel truck drivers or scooter drivers or pogo stick hoppers are like this, at best it's probably a very modest fraction.  It's like any other group of people, the 5 loudest idiots out of 5000 fairly reasonable people get all the attention.  Also, reasonable people don't harangue people in public or try to cause accidents in heavy traffic, so you don't remember all the times you drive by a Prius/bicycle/other conveyance and nothing bad happens whatsoever.

FWIW I have the most experience of this kind of dickery at the hands of drivers of large SUVs.  Which means nothing.

It seems like every vehicle has its own cult of assholishness.  Just try not to join that particular cult with whatever you happen to be driving.

warfreak2

• Handlebar Stache
    • Music by me
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 10:09:04 AM »
let's not act like the dickery of one group of dicks is inherently better than another group of dicks.
Uh,

Nobody in the thread acted like that. One person did act like this, though:

And what about child neglecters? I assume you think they aren't also assholes, because they didn't appear in your thread about one particular different kind of asshole. By the way, I associate veganism with child neglect, based on one news story. Also, the child neglecter in that story was arrested, so it's not really like there were no repercussions for that person being an asshole. But, vegans, right?

Cpa Cat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
I think it should be illegal to retrofit a vehicle like this. Car manufacturers are forced to adhere to strict rules regarding emissions and safety before they can sell a vehicle to the public.  This regulatory system exists for a reason.

I really don't see why the law should exempt these morons from those standards.

Crazy vegan moms who starve their kids are already held accountable under the law. The same should apply to these truck idiots.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:40:46 AM by Cpa Cat »

Secret Stache

• Stubble
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 02:31:12 PM »
didn't James Bond have this on an Ashton Martin lol?

Grant Q

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
Just tie some ribbons to the side and some PBR cans to the back and these dudes would be all set to go marry their cousin.

randymarsh

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »
I think it should be illegal to retrofit a vehicle like this. Car manufacturers are forced to adhere to strict rules regarding emissions and safety before they can sell a vehicle to the public.  This regulatory system exists for a reason.

Crazy vegan moms who starve their kids are already held accountable under the law. The same should apply to these truck idiots.

Some states require emissions testing every X years to register your vehicle. Ohio had it for a while, but now only a few counties do it.

I suspect a lot of these are in the south and those states probably don't require it. It also sounds like it's optional? Like they only "roll coal" like this when they flip a switch or something.

Ian

• Bristles
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 05:27:36 PM »
This kind of backlash was probably inevitable, my only question is if this is just a minor digression or a step in a larger trend.

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
This kind of backlash was probably inevitable, my only question is if this is just a minor digression or a step in a larger trend.
You  take away something that has been a major part of people lives and lively hoods and you have to expect something.... the diesel engine is the work horse of modern agricultural. All the emissions changes has made this less reliable (I'll give you more efficient) so backlash.... yes.

brewer12345

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »

They would never pass regular emissions testing in my state.  Fix it or you cannot register your vehicle.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 12:09:44 AM »
let's not act like the dickery of one group of dicks is inherently better than another group of dicks.
Uh,

Nobody in the thread acted like that.

False.  This guy did:

fixer-upper

• Bristles
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 12:55:36 AM »
A.  Increasing fuel taxes only adds to your cost for everything that arrives on a truck.
B.  increased emission regulation actually adds to pollution levels by decreasing mileage.
C.  Like the Internet, people will hack emission systems to do what they want.
D.  Emissions checks are easily defeated.
E.  true diesel guys think coal rollers are idiots.

I drive an old school diesel, and can tune it to smoke or not in about five minutes.  It takes five seconds for the guys with computerized engines.  Mine normally stays where it doesn't smoke unless I really need the extra power...or occasionally when bicyclists are holding up traffic.

And occasionally embarrassing some punks driving daddy's GTO.  Being able to outrun a 3000 pound car while driving a 7000 pound truck with a 2000 pound trailer may not be environmentally friendly, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 05:51:32 AM »
How does point B work?

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 07:36:42 AM »
And occasionally embarrassing some punks driving daddy's GTO.  Being able to outrun a 3000 pound car while driving a 7000 pound truck with a 2000 pound trailer may not be environmentally friendly, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Lol yes this is pretty fun.

How does point B work?

Purely anecdotal but in my experience the older mechanical diesels would get about 20 mpg unloaded and around 14 mpg loaded down. My new work truck 2013 dodge with Def fluid emissions gets ~14mpg on the highway going down hill with a tailwind. It will pull absolutely anything you hook up to it but it's going to suck down some fuel (and def) to get it done.

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »

I get what you're saying, and you're wrong.  Coal rollers are trying to hurt people, both specific people, and everyone who breathes air.  Even your hypothetical asshole Prius driver (I live in the SF bay area and have never seen a Prius trying to slow down traffic) is trying to help people, although in a misguided way.  They are not comparable.

If you think you're going to get a good response by using insulting language towards Prius drivers and cyclists, I still think you're on the wrong website.

thanks for handling this one, dragoncar. I just... can't even.

Personally, I think a man knows how to take care of his things. Including his air.

amen!

My awesome, rural, 100%-country-boy-cred-having brother-in-law sees stuff like that and says, "Awe, sorry about your dick, man."

:)

fixer-upper

• Bristles
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
How does point B work?

Hedge_87 got it right.  Newer "clean" diesels are ~50% less efficient than their sooty cousins.  They produce more pollution per mile driven than their smoke belching ancestors...but it's invisible so people buy into the BS about them being better for the environment. 

It's not too different from the old 35-40 mpg gas "clunkers" the government destroyed to get people to upgrade to cars which get 25-30 mpg.

rocksinmyhead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
How does point B work?

Hedge_87 got it right.  Newer "clean" diesels are ~50% less efficient than their sooty cousins.  They produce more pollution per mile driven than their smoke belching ancestors...but it's invisible so people buy into the BS about them being better for the environment. 

It's not too different from the old 35-40 mpg gas "clunkers" the government destroyed to get people to upgrade to cars which get 25-30 mpg.

wow!!!!! that's really bizarre and terrible and I had no idea. thanks for the enlightenment, guys! I fucking hate stuff like that, where they make it sound like an improvement and it's NOT.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2014, 11:29:40 AM »
How does point B work?

wow!!!!! that's really bizarre and terrible and I had no idea. thanks for the enlightenment, guys! I fucking hate stuff like that, where they make it sound like an improvement and it's NOT.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet

AlexK

• Bristles
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 12:54:09 PM »
That video is hilarious.

I have a diesel truck which only gets used when stuff needs to be hauled but I've never seen a wisp of black smoke from the exhaust. I do admit it's fun to drive and almost magical how much power they can make with so little fuel burned. My F250 gets better mpg than the Tacoma it replaced and the loads I have hauled with the F250 would literally crush a Tacoma.

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »

It's also my experience that they spend a good deal of time in the mechanics shop compared to older ones...  I am still adamantly against the rolling smoke assholes though lol.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!