Author Topic: "Lifestyle Membership" includes Custom bejeweled 14k/18k solid gold Credit Card  (Read 4519 times)

babysnowbyrd

• Stubble
    • My Journal
These guys are hiring in my area for customer service position:

http://www.auraelifestyle.com/styles

Pay is decent for these parts, and they promise a kitchen full of snacks! I really want to apply, but I'm not sure I can even imagine what it would be like to work for a company that offers 24/7 butler and concierge service along with the afore-mentioned solid gold CC card. Or yet, directly speak with the customers that buy this kind of thing!

But there's free snacks in the kitchen so....gonna apply even though they'll probably smell my poverty as soon as I walk in the door and turn me away immediately.

Tamster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Wow! The kitchen full of snacks would sway me. I wonder what "exotic car rentals" entail? Elephants? But those technically wouldn't be classified as cars.

I hope you apply and get the job, imagine the stories.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
Erm. They feel they need to define "bespoke" on the front page.

Please do apply. Just the story of the interview should be priceless, and besides, snacks if you get it.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
Yes!  Please do this!  We must infiltrate all levels of consumerism to destroy it from within!  Or, you know, I guess you could make a living and share some funny stories as a backup to that plan. 

Also, gold is pretty malleable, I would be worried a gold cc would get all bent up in my wallet.  Or stollen, credit maxed and then melted down, lol.

Why do people think it's cool to have this sort of stuff?  Years ago a lady came into a place a used to work and had to made a huge fuss about her credit card (I think it was the American Express black card) after I failed to comment on it as she was paying for something.  I guess she is used to people treating her differently after they see a card like that.  I just can't give a shit. 

babysnowbyrd

• Stubble
    • My Journal

I know, that made it seem less classy to me, but I'm not the target demographic so what do I know?

Also, gold is pretty malleable, I would be worried a gold cc would get all bent up in my wallet.  Or stollen, credit maxed and then melted down, lol.
There's something mixed with it so even though it's solid gold, it's not pure gold. Supposedly, it bends like a normal plastic card. Also, they replace it every  5 years and it's fully insured against loss and theft. It's included in the annual fees of between $5,000, to $15,000

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache

I know, that made it seem less classy to me, but I'm not the target demographic so what do I know?

There's something mixed with it so even though it's solid gold, it's not pure gold. Supposedly, it bends like a normal plastic card. Also, they replace it every  5 years and it's fully insured against loss and theft. It's included in the annual fees of between $5,000, to $15,000

Thank God the reasonable $5-15k fees cover replacement of a card containing $400-$500 worth of gold!  What a bargain! 

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
To be fair, if I could find a company that would take one of my rewards cards and make a metal version with a custom engraving on it for a reasonable price. I would be a nice keepsake.

Not sure about gold though, other than bragging rights, gold is a pretty poor metal to use for.... basically anything. It is way too soft.

EngineerMum

• Stubble
  • Working towards moderate badassity
Just looked at the website, and it was pretty clear why they have to define bespoke. It's targeted squarely at the Asian market; just look at the imagery on the cards - lion and dragons, the card at the bottom even had some kanji / Chinese characters (I can't tell the difference I'm afraid), the gold and red colour scheme, and the fact that there are the little flags for translating into different languages - Chinese, Indonesian and ... actually I think the other is Arabic. So if your target market is mainly people for whom English is a second language, not assuming people know the word bespoke is not surprising.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
Yes!  Please do this!  We must infiltrate all levels of consumerism to destroy it from within!  Or, you know, I guess you could make a living and share some funny stories as a backup to that plan. 

Why do people think it's cool to have this sort of stuff?  Years ago a lady came into a place a used to work and had to made a huge fuss about her credit card (I think it was the American Express black card) after I failed to comment on it as she was paying for something.  I guess she is used to people treating her differently after they see a card like that.  I just can't give a shit.

A pity you didn't blink and say: "Oh, an AmEx black? We see those every day."

People who pay money for prestige cards do it because they think they're buying attention. Why they think they should pay money for extra attention of a cashier, I've never quite understood. It strikes me as a form of trying to impress people whose opinions of me don't make a significant difference in my life... kind of like paying extra to wear clothing with a big brand logo: no practical return on the investment.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache

A pity you didn't blink and say: "Oh, an AmEx black? We see those every day."

People who pay money for prestige cards do it because they think they're buying attention. Why they think they should pay money for extra attention of a cashier, I've never quite understood. It strikes me as a form of trying to impress people whose opinions of me don't make a significant difference in my life... kind of like paying extra to wear clothing with a big brand logo: no practical return on the investment.

Yeah, exactly this.  I was working at an RV resort when this happened, but why should she as a clearly extremely wealthy retired person care to impress a cashier?  (She + husband + obligatory tiny rich-person dog rolled up in the biggest RV I've ever seen towing an SUV that was as big and probably cost more than many of the other RVs we had there)
I actually feel sad for her now, lol

RWD

• Walrus Stache
Just looked at the website, and it was pretty clear why they have to define bespoke. It's targeted squarely at the Asian market; just look at the imagery on the cards - lion and dragons, the card at the bottom even had some kanji / Chinese characters (I can't tell the difference I'm afraid), the gold and red colour scheme, and the fact that there are the little flags for translating into different languages - Chinese, Indonesian and ... actually I think the other is Arabic. So if your target market is mainly people for whom English is a second language, not assuming people know the word bespoke is not surprising.

Looks like it's a Chinese character meaning "wealth, valuables, riches":
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E8%B4%A2

In general though, Kanji are the same as Chinese characters, so in a lot of cases it's impossible to tell which you're looking at without more context. Kanji literally means "Han characters".

Doubleh

• Bristles
Yep, kanji is the Japanese word for Chinese letters. I learned a couple of dozen of these when I was in Tokyo. The underlying meanings of the components are often the same an in Chinese writing but the way they combine to build up meanings can vary. The one I always remember is that the characters for "hand" and "paper" together in China would be read as "letter or manuscript" while in Japanese it means "paper towel". You cam see how you get to both but the end result is very different!

Also I just laughed at the London office address - I used to have a registered office at the same office, it's a low cost po box rental place. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but I don't think it looks much like the picture linked earlier.