Author Topic: "I'm ruined- after blowing 1 million pounds..."  (Read 4614 times)

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
Re: "I'm ruined- after blowing 1 million pounds..."
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
Well, I guess it was nice while it lasted....

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »
She takes responsibility for spending like a drunken sailor...but it is sad, she could be set up for life, and instead she is drowning in debt.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
Wonder where all those folks that she gave so generously to are now...

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:55:49 PM »
"The Nineties also saw me buy a saxophone while waiting for a train in Cardiff because I fancied myself as Lisa Simpson (sax-playing daughter in the Simpsons cartoon). "

OMG I love that.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »
Clickbait quote says
I’m 56, single, broke and soon to be homeless. This, despite a long career of well-paid, high-profile work for which I have travelled the world and lived a lifestyle most people only dream of.

Well there's your problem, dontchathink?  We could all be broke and homeless at age 56 if we "travelled the world and lived a lifestyle most people only dream of".  Ruining your shit is easy.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »
Clickbait quote says
I’m 56, single, broke and soon to be homeless. This, despite a long career of well-paid, high-profile work for which I have travelled the world and lived a lifestyle most people only dream of.

Well there's your problem, dontchathink?  We could all be broke and homeless at age 56 if we "travelled the world and lived a lifestyle most people only dream of".  Ruining your shit is easy.

Seems like she thinks:

A lifestyle, I now see, which has left me destitute having frittered away more than £1 million with nothing to show for it.

sekritdino

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
"I blamed many factors for my demise. The recession, the changing nature of the media industry, the banks who threw money at me, falling house prices, the people who promised me work and didn’t deliver: I’ve railed at them all.

But, the horrible truth is, there is only one person responsible for this mess. And that’s me."

At least she is finally starting to get it and stop blaming everyone but herself.