Author Topic: $214 for the world's most expensive sandwich (Guinness World Records)  (Read 2965 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
http://www.bit.ly/GWR-Sandwich

The confidently named “Quintessential Grilled Cheese” is sold for an eye-watering $214

I also laughed at the video's reference to "grass fed butter".

TheGrimSqueaker

• Magnum Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
http://www.bit.ly/GWR-Sandwich

The confidently named “Quintessential Grilled Cheese” is sold for an eye-watering $214

I also laughed at the video's reference to "grass fed butter".

Visualizing a stick of butter with bits of grass stuck to it... nice.

KodeBlue

• Stubble
this place specializes in silly high eats..they once sold the $1k "Golden Opulance Sundae".

marty998

• Walrus Stache
You would at least hope that it tasted nice?

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
Every fucking time with you guys. You don't understand that this is advertisement. It's meant to be ridiculed, because that means people will write about it; they'll write article and blog posts and talk about it on forums. And every fucking time, this forum falls for it. "Wow, they're so ridiculous, they made a needlessly expensive luxury item, let's make sure to name their business name and location."

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
Every fucking time with you guys. You don't understand that this is advertisement. It's meant to be ridiculed, because that means people will write about it; they'll write article and blog posts and talk about it on forums. And every fucking time, this forum falls for it. "Wow, they're so ridiculous, they made a needlessly expensive luxury item, let's make sure to name their business name and location."

The golden rule of advertising; if you see it, it's meant for you and having the desired affect upon you.

EdenHazard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I have experience with their rules and guidelines and really don't know how this can be an official Guinness Word Record. I can make a sandwich tomorrow and sell it for 1000 USD, new record?

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
I have experience with their rules and guidelines and really don't know how this can be an official Guinness Word Record. I can make a sandwich tomorrow and sell it for 1000 USD, new record?

A: if you can do that, you should.

B: The article states that it's 'commercially available.' So if you have a $1000 sandwich that is available regularly on the menu of your restaurant, and you sell one, then yes, you (or your business) would hold the record.

*edited for spelling...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:34:50 AM by Metric Mouse »

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
Re: $214 for the world's most expensive sandwich (Guinness World Records)
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
The golden rule of advertising; if you see it, it's meant for you and having the desired affect upon you.

Damn fucking right. If you saw it, it was meant for you. And every advertisement advertises more than just the most obvious. A $214 sandwich advertises your favorite $12 sandwich from that local shop, because "it tastes better and it's like twenty times cheaper." It advertises going out to eat, it advertises Guinness book of world records, hell, it advertises Guinness the beer and going to get a beer at your local pub. And hey, that local pub sells sandwiches too, eh?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!