Author Topic: $19 for convenience store iced tea  (Read 4738 times)

Landslave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
$19 for convenience store iced tea
« on: December 12, 2015, 03:28:30 PM »
I was in line at the convenience store. Traveling.  I had bought gasoline and was hungry.  I found hotdogs for $.50 each "manager's special" and bananas for $.50 each.  I had a $1 meal.

The man in front of my bought 10 tall boy cans of iced tea for almost $2 each, and used a credit card to buy them.  I was astounded!  He paid $19 for about $.30 worth of tea. 

I didn't say a word.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
Re: $19 for convenience store iced tea
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 09:56:24 PM »
I was in line at the convenience store. Traveling.  I had bought gasoline and was hungry.  I found hotdogs for $.50 each "manager's special" and bananas for $.50 each.  I had a $1 meal.

The man in front of my bought 10 tall boy cans of iced tea for almost $2 each, and used a credit card to buy them.  I was astounded!  He paid $19 for about $.30 worth of tea. 

I didn't say a word.

He didn't need $40 worth of lottery tickets and cigarettes to go with his nasty canned tea?

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:47:27 AM »

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »

I didn't say a word.

I use a credit card to buy everything... and I fly around the earth for free because of it. I never pay interest.

Tjat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 10:32:43 AM »

I didn't say a word.

I use a credit card to buy everything... and I fly around the earth for free because of it. I never pay interest.

I interpreted OPs disgust to me more on the fact that one can buy a 2-pack of 1 gallon ice T jugs at Costco for less than $20

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »

I didn't say a word.

I interpreted OPs disgust to me more on the fact that one can buy a 2-pack of 1 gallon ice T jugs at Costco for less than $20

Erm. Tea bags are nearly free, as is tap water.

Drifterrider

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:48:04 AM »

I didn't say a word.

Think of those who pay for water, in countries where the water is perfectly safe.

They call them "convenience" stores.  Some people are willing to pay a lot for convenience. 

SeaEhm

• Bristles
  • The Guilt is Real
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »

I didn't say a word.

10 cans?  Were they on sale at least? 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!