Author Topic: $120 hip hop t shirt  (Read 4515 times)

wepner

• Stubble
$120 hip hop t shirt
« on: July 18, 2013, 07:51:27 AM »
I saw some advertisement about this when I was walking around Yokohama today. Anyway its an A.P.C. (which I don't know) and Kanye West collaboration. Now I like Kanye West more than most (he's a pretty terrible person, but he's also weirdly vulnerable and makes occasionally amazing music) and $120 isn't that uncommon for "high fashion" but here's the shirt

Completely plain, cotton t-shirt, apparently with Kanye West written on the inside of the neckline, yours for $120. Except for the fact that they are sold out. Because, of course they would.

renbutler

• Bristles
Re: $120 hip hop t shirt
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 08:02:03 AM »
I got a pack of eight of those from Walmart for five bucks.

Louisville

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »
You did not get a pack of eight of those at Walmart at any price. I can just about guarantee that that t-shirt is very high quality. Very high quality clothes, even t-shirts, just feel different. The fit is more comfortable, the textures are better, and they last longer and look better longer when well cared for.
Having said all that, anyone who buys a $120 t-shirt needs a face punch. Luxury products are often all they're cracked up to be. But does that mean they're worth the money? Almost never.

lisahi

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 09:08:03 AM »
I would bet that this t-shirt is about the same quality as you would buy at Banana Republic in the U.S. for about $30 -- not Walmart quality, but certainly not the quality you would expect for a $120 t-shirt. The name on the inside accounts for the markup.

renbutler

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:09 AM »
You did not get a pack of eight of those at Walmart at any price.

Oh, good Lord, it was just a joke.

gdborton

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »

martynthewolf

• Stubble
    • The Frugal Wolf
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »

Megatron

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »
haha, reminds me of my little sister's boyfriend of 4 years. he's a patent lawyer and probably makes around 200k a year. yet he wears these white Hangs t-shirts (the kind that you get 6 for like $20) on his days off or out of the office, everyday. he wears $1 flip flops from the gap and used duck tape to fix it when one of the flops came loose. I thought he was cheap at first but then he told me he didn't want to change his lifestyle incase he lose his job. my sister and i usually go to our parents for sunday dinner every week and last sunday he showed up in a brand new blue t-shirt. I was like "dangggg, upgraded your wardrobe ehhh?" he was like "yea, your sister bought me this shirt, it's from Walgreens for only $3 dollars."

I think my sister is going to be okay and I'm getting way out mustached.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!