Author Topic: Why people blame others for financial failure  (Read 2439 times)

texxan1

• Stubble
Why people blame others for financial failure
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:16:00 PM »
I just had a conversation with an X girlfriend that I very much cared for... I didn't work out, but that was due to my work obligations that she couldn't handle ( travel requirement) . She was never really that bad of a spender, but she didn't save anything at all... for reasons I don't know

Anways, fast forward to a WhatsApp text conversation and within 20 or 30 texts. she tells me she just got dumped by her current boyfriend and he left her in a financial bind.  Of course, my mind wanted to know what kind of financial situation she was in... Turns out, her boyfriend is in the construction business and he bought the wood to replace her deck/stairs on here house (10k worth of lumber) and had planned to build the deck and stairs using his crew... So they split, and none of the work was done.. Just the lumber laying around ready to be worked.. So she was FORCED to spend her own money (OMG) on the labor to have the deck and stairs completed and that she needs to punch him in the face because he was such an asshole for leaving her with all this lumber and no one to do the work....

Mind  you, this is 2k worth of labor and she said it would completely drain every penny she has in savings and she would have to borrow the rest to get this done.

So I ask, why cant you just put the lumber in the garage and just wait till your ready to do them, its not like they are unsafe, because I know they are not.  Her response.,.. No way, I need to get this done so I can buy a new car

Then I ask her, Well... You have a 17 year old son, why don't you and him get to work on it.... That didn't go over so well lol

All the while, a few hours before this she tells me we should go on vacation together since we haven't seen eachother in a while and she is now single and wants to see me....  I guess she intended on me springing for her vacation, well that SHIT AINT HAPPENING

I guess I'm just venting, but how in the hell do people truly feel they can blame all there issues on someone else.

This woman makes 60k a year, has no mortgage, no current car payment and minimal bills.. Not sure what she spends her money on

Rant Over

Tex

DreamFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Why people blame others for financial failure
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
This woman makes 60k a year, has no mortgage, no current car payment and minimal bills.. Not sure what she spends her money on

Until that line, I was imagining someone making about minimum wage.  She might be wanting your help with building the desk also.  Don't be a sucker, though!

albireo13

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 07:32:35 AM »
Watch out .... she's throwing out the fishing hooks!
Run ... don't walk.

coppertop

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:59:05 AM »
You are so fortunate to have gotten out of this relationship for whatever reason, or you may have found yourself sucked in before you even realized it.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »
Then I ask her, Well... You have a 17 year old son, why don't you and him get to work on it.... That didn't go over so well lol

Maybe she is a coddler. I work with that woman. Had to take a day off to mow her yard and do other chores. Meanwhile a teen sits in the air conditioned house watching TV. I asked why not have teen son push mow the yard. Nope - something terrible might happen to them. Huh? I mowed grass as a young kid and our kids have too. Her yard is mostly flat. Few dangers there.

ThatGuy

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:16:28 PM »

She has no idea what she spends her money on either.