Author Topic: What is your most petty reason for seeking FIRE?  (Read 174048 times)

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What is your most petty reason for seeking FIRE?
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2019, 06:05:27 AM »
I'm sitting at work desperately watching the clock tick down to 10:30 so I can get out of here and go diving.  In a cold, boring, dark quarry where the fish bite.  I wanna be in the islands.

DeskJockey2028

• Pencil Stache
  • Aiming for 2028
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2019, 07:21:12 AM »
People keep microwaving fish.

Not daily, not even weekly, but about 1 to 2 times a month.

Nick_Miller

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A sprawling estate with one of those cool circular driveways in the front!
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2019, 08:12:57 AM »
I really don't like dressing in work clothes. Anything more than shorts and a tee shirt is too much for me.

Can confirm.  Dressing like a broke college kid every day is pretty great.

A lot of the other stuff, though, is not what everyone seems to think it will be.  I still know what day of the week it is, because I still have kids in school and I'm still involved in a variety of community activities.  I also don't sleep in very often, for the exact same reasons.  Grocery shopping at 9am this morning was pretty sweet, that part is totally true.  Also, Sunday evenings are not stress-inducing anymore because I have nothing to dread.

But my retirement is not the lazy life of leisure some people imagine it will be.  At least for me, there has been a very limited amount of napping and sleeping late.  I don't watch television.  I don't go fishing, or drink beer all day, or go days and days without engaging with society.  I'm still doing stuff, it's just not stuff I have to do from the inside of a cubicle.  On the bright side, it's stuff I want to do and not stuff I have to do, so I don't really mind being busy.

Early retirement doesn't absolve you of all responsibility, the way a bunch of people in this thread seem to think it will.  If anything, it makes you more responsible, not less, because it forces you to identify what you're going to do with your time and your life instead of just blindly following orders day in and day out.  You have to decide what you're going to do and then you have to do it, because you said you would, and it reflects poorly on you as a person to not do so.  In some ways, being a corporate drone is easier.  Just show up every day and do what they tell you, and take home money.  There is no existential crisis, no search for meaning or purpose, there is only the inevitable suffering of servitude.  There is security and predictability in that.

To be fair, I think most of this comes down to having kids. Having kids changes absolutely everything (as both you and I know). A single, retired person sans kids can do 40 freakin' hours of volunteer work per week and STILL have a crapload of time to do whatever they want. But when you are caring for younglings, they and their schedules/needs just dominate so much of the parent's time, whether or not they are working. And when they aren't directly dominating your time, they are dominating your thoughts/plans. Heck, many SAHPs will say caring for kids is harder than working in the first place.

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2019, 09:02:18 AM »
Yesterday, while I was at my desk web-surfing at 4pm, I was going to write: "Having to be at my desk until 4:30, even though I will accomplish nothing else but surfing the web for the rest of the day."  And then I suddenly remembered I already gave notice that I was retiring. So instead, I just left.
This is hilarious.

OMG, that's awesome.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »
Heck, many SAHPs will say caring for kids is harder than working in the first place.

Depends on what your job is, I suppose.  There's a comedian named Bill Burr who has a whole bit about "being a mother is the most difficult job on the planet."  tl:dr; he thinks there are harder jobs.

video contains moderate profanity, and is taken woefully out of context here so don't get too bent out of shape about perceived sexism:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJrMaFlxOk

Fomerly known as something

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2019, 10:35:28 AM »
High school classmates — Yeah, so maybe it's been 25 years and they don't know or even care, but I get satisfaction thinking about being retired early while those assholes (some of them) are still working. You said petty, right? Oh yeah, though it turns out that a lot of the people that I thought were assholes because I didn't fit in and wasn't popular are actually really nice people... sooooo.... maybe I'm the asshole?
People change with time :)  I like to think I was a pretty good kid, but I like to think I'm a lot nicer and more mature now.

In addition to retired, I'll also be skinnier because I can walk in the woods for as long as I want each day.

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »
FAMILY
I'd love to have millions to share with them, so they can eat down all of that nonsense they've said/thought of us, and feel it pass through like hot-sauce-diarrhea. Perhaps they'd have to take FPU in exchange for $10,000 (enough to go, but not enough to change their lives without working the plan). Maybe we'd add $5,000 to all of their kids' 529 plans (one of them got college money earmarked for my kid, but, hey, I'm not bitter about it). Perhaps I'd just pay off their debts so they can see that they suck, especially when they rack it all up again.

ORGS
Things like the local "business of the year" are a scam. You pay money and then get it. I'd create a fake business and apply, complete with advertising in the paper, or on the TV, and then expose them for the crooks they are.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:38:03 PM by A Fella from Stella »

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #457 on: June 28, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
High school classmates — Yeah, so maybe it's been 25 years and they don't know or even care, but I get satisfaction thinking about being retired early while those assholes (some of them) are still working. You said petty, right? Oh yeah, though it turns out that a lot of the people that I thought were assholes because I didn't fit in and wasn't popular are actually really nice people... sooooo.... maybe I'm the asshole?
People change with time :)  I like to think I was a pretty good kid, but I like to think I'm a lot nicer and more mature now.

In addition to retired, I'll also be skinnier because I can walk in the woods for as long as I want each day.

That's a beautiful vision, man. I hope you get it.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #458 on: June 28, 2019, 01:34:29 PM »
Heck, many SAHPs will say caring for kids is harder than working in the first place.

Depends on what your job is, I suppose.  There's a comedian named Bill Burr who has a whole bit about "being a mother is the most difficult job on the planet."  tl:dr; he thinks there are harder jobs.

video contains moderate profanity, and is taken woefully out of context here so don't get too bent out of shape about perceived sexism:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJrMaFlxOk
Loved it!

IslandFiGirl

• Stubble
« Reply #459 on: June 28, 2019, 09:27:30 PM »
My most petty reason for seeking FIRE?

I am tired of having to get dressed for work everyday!  I don't even really have to dress up but I can't stand not being able to just throw on yoga pants, tank top and flip flops!  First world problems, for sure!

Bearblastbeats

« Reply #460 on: June 28, 2019, 09:32:03 PM »
My most petty reason for seeking FIRE?

I am tired of having to get dressed for work everyday!  I don't even really have to dress up but I can't stand not being able to just throw on yoga pants, tank top and flip flops!  First world problems, for sure!

Same exact thing here. Whenever I come home I immediately put on basket ball shorts and a t shirt.

innkeeper77

• Bristles
« Reply #461 on: June 28, 2019, 11:48:51 PM »
My petty reason:

I want to say what I want to say about politics, religion, culture etc without having to be confined by a work place policy or normal.

Good one! As a realtor, I don't say anything political because people on both sides of the aisle need houses and I don't want to alienate anybody. But after FIREing in July, I could even volunteer for a campaign!

Our realtor threw a Christmas party raffle to raise money to donate to counter trump organizations, and was publicly pissed off in 2016.

This is the third time he is getting a commission from us, and his willingness to be public about politics is one of the main reasons that we stuck with him after the first house... (That, and he did a good job, gave us a good deal each time, and treated us no differently from anyone else even though we were young and didn't  publicly appear to have money so most other realtors brushed us off)

So, Im not telling you that you have to change, but if you wanted to be real and authentic, there just may be a place in the market for you to do so while still working!

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2019, 06:29:50 AM »
That's a great story, innkeeper77! I wish I had the courage to do that. There's a realtor in my office who is obnoxiously pro-trump on social media and it hasn't served him well in our mostly blue state. Being FI I might have been able to be more publicly anti-trump, except that a lot of my business is in a redder part of the state.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #463 on: June 30, 2019, 12:57:04 AM »
That's a great story, innkeeper77! I wish I had the courage to do that. There's a realtor in my office who is obnoxiously pro-trump on social media and it hasn't served him well in our mostly blue state. Being FI I might have been able to be more publicly anti-trump, except that a lot of my business is in a redder part of the state.
Hmmm, I've bought and sold at least ten houses, probably more, and not once have I discussed politics with a realtor. How hard is it to keep your political position to yourself? I could care less what my realtor's political opinions are, as long as they're a damn good realtor.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #464 on: June 30, 2019, 05:06:45 AM »
Hmmm, I've bought and sold at least ten houses, probably more, and not once have I discussed politics with a realtor. How hard is it to keep your political position to yourself? I could care less what my realtor's political opinions are, as long as they're a damn good realtor.

If your realtor like to talk politics with you as the seller, he/she might also start talking politics to potential buyers. That might annoy the buyers who are only interested in buying a house and you could loose the customer.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2019, 06:22:33 AM »

If your realtor like to talk politics with you as the seller, he/she might also start talking politics to potential buyers. That might annoy the buyers who are only interested in buying a house and you could loose the customer.

I agree, just because it works for that one realtor doesn't make it a good idea generally.  Our realtor kept his opinions to himself, but our home inspector made us very uncomfortable with some comments about Muslims.  I would not use that company again, or would request a different inspector in the future, because of it.

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2019, 08:33:04 AM »
I agree...talking politics and religion is not a good idea if you serve the public and I always shut my trap on those subjects. But there have been times on social media where I would have liked to have responded to a pro-trump meme that was completely false that was propogated by my colleague. Instead I ignore the (usually) hateful pro-trump crap and feel that somehow I am part of the problem by not calling him out. When I retire, I can choose to say "fake news" and move on.

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2019, 08:56:31 AM »

What turns me off is that people freak out even if you agree.

2016 EXAMPLE: family members are talking pro-liberal politics. I chime in with "I like Sanders," and start getting yelled at.

I didn't discuss my new line of FUCK KILLARY t-shirts. All I said was "I like Sanders," to which anyone could have shrugged, or said "why do you like him?"

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #468 on: July 02, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
Hate commuting

Hate having to be anywhere by a certain time. Ever. I even resent movie theaters for making me be somewhere by a certain time

Hate having to be out of the house before noon.

Hate having to be aware of appearance and smell

Hate not having endless hours to write fanfiction

js82

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #469 on: July 02, 2019, 06:58:44 PM »
Not having to listen to people question why I'm skipping pizza/doughnuts in favor of healthy food choices.

That s**t got old a long time ago.

enFuego

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Somewhere between On Fire and FIRE...
« Reply #470 on: July 02, 2019, 09:01:15 PM »
Not having to buy large quantities of undershirts for work... they're so damn expensive for such a simple item that brings me no real satisfaction.  Eventually they shrink and turn gray and Oxi and bleach only do so much... It's a struggle to get them on sale.  I don't mind wearing them... it's just paying so much for them that pisses me off.

Dealing with a**holes on the train.  I swear that normal nice people, whose company you would enjoy in another setting, turn into slimy weasels and become completely insensitive to other's personal space and any possible sense of community once they have to jockey for position to get their seat on the 'effing ride home.... grrrrr!  (Oh and by the way, when the train is running late, it's NOT ACTUALLY the conductor's fault - stop yelling at him/her.  In case you haven't noticed they ride the train just like you and don't control anything.)  I swear the day I retire I will actually flip off every single dang person as I walk off the train for the last time.

Waking up whenever my body is ready rather than to an alarm clock.

lollylegs

• Stubble
« Reply #471 on: July 02, 2019, 10:18:16 PM »
not having to fill out a form for every little request - god I miss the 'olden' days when you just phoned up and spoke to a real person.  so far my IT request that would take 10 minutes has been over a week and is low priority - no, I am not allowed to speak to the IT guy - in the meantime there is a whole lot of work getting backlogged. - then there is the grumpy maintenance guy - fill out an online request to move a filing cabinet from one room to another down the hall....  well its a long way down the list, so could be a few weeks... and so it goes on and on to every department now...

Chranstronaut

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2019, 01:24:56 PM »
Being given an emergency project, working my ass off to cover it while the usual person is out of the office and then waiting... waiting... waiting for the customer to get back to me.

Trimatty471

• Stubble
« Reply #473 on: July 07, 2019, 08:49:09 PM »
No more annual reviews!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #474 on: July 07, 2019, 11:32:54 PM »
To be able to say or write: I am on a continuous vacation. (Followed by a big smile)

I have seen this from other persioners. They seem to enjoy it.

MrsStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #475 on: July 08, 2019, 02:03:18 AM »
unfortunately specific to my occupation, but so i never have to hear another IT leader say “shift left” ever again in my life.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #476 on: July 08, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »
You know that IT security training you take every time you land a new job? It’s half an hour and you can’t just leave it on, walk away, then return to answer five questions designed to flummox old people because the training makes you keep pushing the ‘next’ button. I hate that madness. Hate it. I will be so glad when I never have to take it again.

I also hate new co-workers who interrupt me when I’m doing something to ‘train’ me. By telling me to do that thing I just did.

FunkyChopstick

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #477 on: July 08, 2019, 03:20:37 PM »
Just in general, trading the majority of my waking hours for 2-4 weeks out of the year to do as I please it not cutting it. I think I will always work but just not have to work.

FIREstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #478 on: July 08, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »

Unproductive wasted time in mandatory meetings, listening to the guy yawning, gagging on flem, using speakerphone, etc. through the wall in the next office down the hall, and having to change the temperature in my office because cleaning staff or whoever changes it overnight.  In general, dealing with people at work including vendors, partners, etc.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #479 on: July 08, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
Just in general, trading the majority of my waking hours for 2-4 weeks out of the year to do as I please it not cutting it. I think I will always work but just not have to work.
That doesn't sound petty to me at all.  It's a really really good reason to seek FIRE.

AlanStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #480 on: July 08, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »
I am currently on work travel with my boss, tonight at dinner I said something about wanting a 2k$ e-bike to commute to work with but am not sure I would use it enough to justify it.  He replied with "just get it you make good money - no kids, it would be fun".  I was just sober and smart enough to not say " but I would like to tell you to f-off someday".  He is a good guy and a good boss but sharing any FIRE goals would not be a wise move. 

enFuego

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Somewhere between On Fire and FIRE...
« Reply #481 on: July 08, 2019, 07:56:14 PM »
No more annual reviews!

OMG Yes!  I used to work a a very well known megacorp and the review cycle went like this...

Annual reviews were performed at the end of the calendar year.  Bonuses were paid the last paycheck in December and raises were effective as of January 1.  My self-evaluation needed to be done in the October-November timeframe.  However, in order to allow the company to have sufficient time for planning/budgeting and all the logistics of managing 40,000+ employee reviews, managers needed to complete their evaluations of their direct reports in September.  Those of you keeping score at home are correct... my manager needed to decide my final rating before I even started thinking about my self-evaluation!  Tell me if that doesn't motivate someone to believe in the process...

In addition, the review cycle was followed up by discussions with your manager to set goals for the year (and don't forget those all important stretch goals!).  The deadline for goals to be documented and agreed upon by manager and employee was March.  So, doing the math, that gave you from March to September to complete your "annual" goals so that you get a nice review.

On top of all this the HR department changed to system every couple years... new categories, different rating scales, on and on...

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2019, 12:05:34 AM »
No more annual reviews!

OMG Yes!  I used to work a a very well known megacorp and the review cycle went like this...

Annual reviews were performed at the end of the calendar year.  Bonuses were paid the last paycheck in December and raises were effective as of January 1.  My self-evaluation needed to be done in the October-November timeframe.  However, in order to allow the company to have sufficient time for planning/budgeting and all the logistics of managing 40,000+ employee reviews, managers needed to complete their evaluations of their direct reports in September.  Those of you keeping score at home are correct... my manager needed to decide my final rating before I even started thinking about my self-evaluation!  Tell me if that doesn't motivate someone to believe in the process...

In addition, the review cycle was followed up by discussions with your manager to set goals for the year (and don't forget those all important stretch goals!).  The deadline for goals to be documented and agreed upon by manager and employee was March.  So, doing the math, that gave you from March to September to complete your "annual" goals so that you get a nice review.

On top of all this the HR department changed to system every couple years... new categories, different rating scales, on and on...

They propably try to find out with trial and error why the process does not work as good as they thought it would.

Valvore

• Stubble
  • Formerly known as FireryFIRE
« Reply #483 on: July 15, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »
One reason just came to me...

Pooping in privacy!

I hate how you have to play the silent game or hide out in a stall until someone is done washing their hands so you don't have to face the shame. Not to mention some people in my office have some serious bowel issues and it stinks in there sometimes.

I want to poop in the comfort of my own home. Or at least face the poop shame from strangers and not Karen in Finance.

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I haven't read the last few pages of the thread)

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #484 on: July 15, 2019, 03:37:22 PM »

Pooping in privacy!

I hate how you have to play the silent game or hide out in a stall until someone is done washing their hands so you don't have to face the shame. Not to mention some people in my office have some serious bowel issues and it stinks in there sometimes.

I want to poop in the comfort of my own home. Or at least face the poop shame from strangers and not Karen in Finance.

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I haven't read the last few pages of the thread)

I say let it fly. Unless you are in a super small office, nobody probably even realizes it's you in there dropping a deuce. If they do, they probably don't care anyways. I mean, that's what bathrooms are for, even women's bathrooms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valvore

• Stubble
  • Formerly known as FireryFIRE
« Reply #485 on: July 15, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »

Pooping in privacy!

I say let it fly. Unless you are in a super small office, nobody probably even realizes it's you in there dropping a deuce. If they do, they probably don't care anyways. I mean, that's what bathrooms are for, even women's bathrooms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have a decently small office and ~50 women on my floor and THREE STALLS. It's impossible to poop in peace. You will 9/10 always pass someone in/out of a stall. And I know they care because I care lol. When one person poos it reeks all day. It's seriously way too small of a bathroom for the amount of people on this floor. I have a regular schedule so I dread the daily embarrassment (mine don't smell as bad, I swear! haha)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #486 on: July 15, 2019, 05:21:32 PM »
Courtesy flush is the way to go until you can FIRE. Ahem, drop, flush, then clean up and flush again. Wastes water, preserves dignity.

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #487 on: July 15, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »
Does that poop spray work? The kind you spray in the toilet before you poop. Supposed to contain the smell. I have the luxury of a one person at a time bathroom, but it still stinks up the hallway and office sometimes. We do have Febreze in there.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #488 on: July 16, 2019, 05:58:16 AM »
Does that poop spray work? The kind you spray in the toilet before you poop. Supposed to contain the smell. I have the luxury of a one person at a time bathroom, but it still stinks up the hallway and office sometimes. We do have Febreze in there.

It doesn't so much contain the smell of the poop as it overpowers it. The scent of cherry or whatever becomes incredibly overwhelming.

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #489 on: July 16, 2019, 06:48:13 AM »

It doesn't so much contain the smell of the poop as it overpowers it. The scent of cherry or whatever becomes incredibly overwhelming.

Maybe it depends on what product we're talking about but I assume it's something with the same active ingredient as one-drop? If so, it does work but it's not perfect. It definitely contains the smell so that it doesn't spread as far or last as long. One-drop isn't advertised as having a scent but it smells something like eucalyptus or mint. It works as the name suggests, one drop is all you need. The bottles are tiny and expensive but they're good for hundreds of drops.

NorthernMonkey

• Stubble
« Reply #490 on: July 16, 2019, 07:26:47 AM »
No more annual reviews!

I have 12 people report into me. I have to do 13 annual reviews. It can easily take absorb over a week by the time you include scheduling, reading before, writing up comments and then baselineing

A Fella from Stella

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #491 on: July 16, 2019, 07:51:12 AM »
Can't find the post, but someone mentioned all the undershirts. Now I look at them with distain, whereas I used to kind of like them.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #492 on: July 16, 2019, 08:00:36 AM »
Can't find the post, but someone mentioned all the undershirts. Now I look at them with distain, whereas I used to kind of like them.

I like undershirts. It's so humid in the summer here that there's no getting around the sweat if you go outside. That undershirt does a nice job absorbing it so the sweat doesn't show on the outer shirt.

I do hate having to tuck my outer shirt in though.

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »

I like undershirts. It's so humid in the summer here that there's no getting around the sweat if you go outside. That undershirt does a nice job absorbing it so the sweat doesn't show on the outer shirt.

I do hate having to tuck my outer shirt in though.

Yea I always wear undershirts, working or not.  It keeps BO off my shirts, which means I can wash them less often, so they last a lot longer.

bluebelle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
No more annual reviews!

It's worked this way at every company I've worked at....to the point that I get my raise in the same meeting we discuss my rating.....

Most managers have a fixed amount they can give out in raises and bonuses, therefore ratings need to 'match' the dollar figure they want to give you.   I'm very jaded about this.

DadJokes

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #495 on: July 16, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
Passwords for everything

I have a password for my Windows/Outlook account, a different password (and username) for time reporting software, and a different password to access a Medicaid & Medicare database. They expire at different intervals, have different requirements, and can't be saved on software or written down due to strict requirements (could access SS numbers and medical records).

I forgot one today and had to call a number to get it reset.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #496 on: July 16, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »
Courtesy flush is the way to go until you can FIRE. Ahem, drop, flush, then clean up and flush again. Wastes water, preserves dignity.

Have I mentioned I love the Japanese? One reason is because they always have a strange technical solution to a sociological problem. Meet Otohime here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan#The_Sound_Princess

dougules

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #497 on: July 16, 2019, 03:34:57 PM »
Passwords for everything

I have a password for my Windows/Outlook account, a different password (and username) for time reporting software, and a different password to access a Medicaid & Medicare database. They expire at different intervals, have different requirements, and can't be saved on software or written down due to strict requirements (could access SS numbers and medical records).

Yes +1!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_fatigue

Unfortunately work isn't even half of the problem.  I've got sooo many things that need a login. 

HMman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Think of your local tree farmer: print this post
« Reply #498 on: July 16, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »

Have I mentioned I love the Japanese? One reason is because they always have a strange technical solution to a sociological problem. Meet Otohime here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilets_in_Japan#The_Sound_Princess

A white noise machine does nothing for smell, though, which I understood to be the main issue Dicey was referring to. Otohime sound great (ha) for those who are embarrassed by the sounds!

RyanAtTanagra

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #499 on: July 16, 2019, 04:06:09 PM »
Passwords for everything

Yes +1!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_fatigue

Unfortunately work isn't even half of the problem.  I've got sooo many things that need a login.

This is a solved problem with a password manager