Author Topic: What is Anti-Mustachian, that you wont give up?  (Read 28671 times)

biscuitwhomper

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What is Anti-Mustachian, that you wont give up?
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
Like many others here, it is my boat.   I could not imagine living in the PNW without one.   

ijingle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »
A new iPhone every 2 years.  And fancy craft beer, apparently.

There are lots of gadgets and stuff that I don't have to buy because my phone already does it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:16:54 PM by ijingle »

irishbear99

• Bristles
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
Number one for me is AC. I'm a wuss when it comes to heat, and live in a year-round warm climate. I've recently committed to cutting back to save on electricity; however, I'll never give it up.

Number two is beads. I make my own jewelry and love buying quality gemstone, glass and metal beads. This may turn into a side gig, though, as hubby gently pointed out recently that if I don't start trying to sell some of my creations, we'll end up drowning in jewelry.

LouLou

• Bristles
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:23 PM »
My name is Lizzzi and I am a bookaholic.  I try and try and try. I go to the library. I really do. But I am a consumer sucka for books--Amazon Prime is my downfall, both for hardcopies and for things to put on my Kindle. I have a book problem. I need to just say no.

Ooh! My name is Melissa and we should be bookaholic friends. I guess it's called buddies here--this is my first post. Although I do love my local libraries too.
I just started reading MMM yesterday, but I was thinking today that I love my cleaner. Which will probably earn me a face punch.

I was a bookaholic until I got the Overdrive app for my smartphone. Free audiobooks straight to my phone. Free ebooks on my Kindle.

I cannot stop eating at restaurants though.

lostamonkey

• Bristles
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:59 PM »
For me it's bottled water. It works out to about $0.20 per bottle, and $0.10 is refundable if I take the bottles to a Bottle Depot. I drink about 100 bottles per month which works about to about $10.

frugal-gal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »

I was a bookaholic until I got the Overdrive app for my smartphone. Free audiobooks straight to my phone. Free ebooks on my Kindle.

I cannot stop eating at restaurants though.

I'm a book hoarder.  I have a lot of books that I collect but don't read most of them.  Do you get a chance to read all of yours?  Do you find that if they are free (with Overdrive) that you are less likely to read them?

cartechguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2014, 06:05:46 AM »
Directv and NFL SUNDAY TICKET!!  I have to have my sports all year long!!  I don't GO to the games so in the end its cheaper!!

iwasjustwondering

• Bristles
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2014, 06:19:12 AM »
Starbucks.  I buy it at the grocery store and make it at home, but still.  I love it.  I look forward to it every night when I go to bed.  It just makes me happy.  I am drinking some now. 

Heat.  I can't stand being cold.  I have the heat anywhere from 68 to 70, wear sweaters, and pile the blankets on.  I still don't enjoy winter.

Extended family getaways.  We go away for a long ski weekend with extended family every year, and also for a week to the Cape or the Shore.  We do these vacations on the cheap, with several families renting one house, and we cook dinners together.  The best memories of my kids' childhoods, and of my life, too, are from these trips.  This summer we are going to visit SO's family in England and will rent a beach house together with with them.  That should be really fun (and cold!).

Schaefer Light

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2014, 06:36:56 AM »
Golf, beer, and going on a nice vacation every couple of years.  The rest is negotiable.