Author Topic: What are your specific goals for 2022? (Financial, personal, creative/hobby etc)  (Read 7148 times)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
Here are some of my goals as to me they every changing/evolving. So I listed some no matter whats I would like to accomplish!

Continuing to recover from my Knee replacement and pre-prepare for my other knee to be done.

Continue to get things done on our "total house Makeover" we bought a Lake House 2 years ago Dec 6th and its been challenging and rewarding.

Get under or near 200#'s I am 6'3 so about 25lbs. Its a good weight per my Doctor and my frame. Much more under that I look pretty gaunt.

Continue to get to know and do more with our neighbors. We are doing a trip in May with a group of neighbors to go down the Colorado river and have been invited to other things so want to do for sure.

Look for a way to make some extra cash. Not a job per sae but I wouldnt mind working at a Menards or something like that 25 hours a week. Just more for interaction and being that much more active. Plus a little extra cash is always nice.

I will try to add as things come up.

Focus_on_the_fire

• Stubble
We're hitting lots of the same goals: sticking to our budget, increase investments, and losing weight.

I'm finishing a PM certificate program. The last of the ten two-day classes is in February. I'm considering following that up with PMI certification.

And, I pulled a list of the 50 books everyone should read off the internet and am planning to read one a week through the year.

To all those finishing degrees, recovering from health issues, and going through family issues, take care and I wish you all the best for 2022. 

SailingOnASmallSailboat

• Pencil Stache
Thanks for this!

intentional exercise every day (walk or workout or yoga)
dry January
blog 2x week
trim grocery spending to $500/month
read 50 new books

Time to see if I can find my FitBit. Happy New Year to all!

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
For the 2021/2022 ski season, I'm trying to get 40 days of snowboarding. I'm also trying to get 40 days of golf in 2022. I'm calling it the 40/40 club.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
Not in a priority order:
  • DIY brake fluid flush and front and rear brake and pads replacement. buy floor jack and additional stands, and flushing equipment.
  • get new home renovated in the essential areas (some rebuild, kitchen, flooring, paint) within budget.
  • get 2nd specialty certification for work (study is on my time, exam fees paid by employer - even if I fail).
  • start biking more (road and MTB) from new house as it is closer to trails.
  • keep on working out daily at the gym.
  • reduce my LDL and triglycerides from a borderline into healthy levels.
  • plan for bathrooms renovation, see what we can do ourselves.
  • sell old home after touch ups.

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian
I'd like to read another 400+ books, since I read 475 in 2021 and had a really good time with that - discovered tons of great new authors and series.

I find it's actually pretty much impossible to make financial goals, because 1. I don't have debts, 2. I don't save up for things, and 3. I have a close to fully automated financial system that's basically no work from me, so I'm never actually doing more than monitoring data here and there. It would literally go "Okay my goal for 2022 is to max out my TFSA" and on January 1st *click* "done". Kind of pointless.

American GenX

• Pencil Stache

Shoot for about an 80% savings rate assuming I don't FIRE.

Keep my exercise, biking, diet routine that was very successful in 2021.

Work on home projects.

Get more sleep.

Minion

• Stubble
I'd like to read another 400+ books, since I read 475 in 2021 and had a really good time with that - discovered tons of great new authors and series.

I find it's actually pretty much impossible to make financial goals, because 1. I don't have debts, 2. I don't save up for things, and 3. I have a close to fully automated financial system that's basically no work from me, so I'm never actually doing more than monitoring data here and there. It would literally go "Okay my goal for 2022 is to max out my TFSA" and on January 1st *click* "done". Kind of pointless.

Holy shit. Do you track them on goodreads or similar?

Zikoris

• Magnum Stache
  • Vancouverstachian

Holy shit. Do you track them on goodreads or similar?

Yeah, I use Goodreads. Last year was my first time tracking and I was also surprised at the total.

Log

• Pencil Stache
1) Win a full-time orchestra job and stop living with my parents.

The rest of the year looks very different depending on if/when that happens, so I’m in a limbo where planning is hazy, but these are two other goals I can plan for either way:

2) Read 50 books
3) Visit friends in New York before June—hopefully one of those New York orchestras schedules an audition before then so I can check this off the list while making an attempt at goal #1

jsap819

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
For the 2021/2022 ski season, I'm trying to get 40 days of snowboarding. I'm also trying to get 40 days of golf in 2022. I'm calling it the 40/40 club.

That's an awesome goal. I used to be able to snowboard and golf that much before getting married and having a kid. Now I'm lucky to golf once a month and ride a few times per season. Hoping that ends soon now that my kid is old enough to take out on the golf course and hopefully want to snowboard with me.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind

Wow 475 books!!! My brain cannot even comprehend how someone could read that many books in a year that is like 1.3 books per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

js82

• Pencil Stache
In no particular order:
-Get back on the wagon Re: fitness (I really fell off in the 2nd half of 2021, due to a lot going on at work)  Possible goal of a 10k or half marathon later in the year.  Target: 30 minutes, 5x/week
-Learn Python
-Start a blog/podcast/something along those lines.  Subject: Data/Physical/Political science for a lay audience.  Basically: a focus, fact-driven analysis of topics relevant in the current moment (basically: use data to cut through the BS, and put it in a format that is accessible to a reasonably broad audience, ideally one that spans the political spectrum)

Virtus3

• Stubble
In no particular order:
-Get back on the wagon Re: fitness (I really fell off in the 2nd half of 2021, due to a lot going on at work)  Possible goal of a 10k or half marathon later in the year.  Target: 30 minutes, 5x/week
-Learn Python
-Start a blog/podcast/something along those lines.  Subject: Data/Physical/Political science for a lay audience.  Basically: a focus, fact-driven analysis of topics relevant in the current moment (basically: use data to cut through the BS, and put it in a format that is accessible to a reasonably broad audience, ideally one that spans the political spectrum)

That first one is an issue for everyone at some point ha.

Count me as interested in your blog if/when you start it!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
For 2022:

- start and finish our kitchen remodel. Cabinets are in our house. Demo the old kitchen, install the new cabinets, distribute old cabinets to other uses in basement and garage. New floor, have new appliances purchased (old appliances are dying one by one), new countertops.
- new layout for my garage shop. Just improving workflow. No purchases. In anticipation of:
- restore the first of several antique cars awaiting attention.
- relocate parents to our town and get them settled
- Lose weight. Honestly just need to change what I eat. Test a 18 healthy recipes or so. Pick a dozen, eat them in a random order. I'm perfectly fine with repeating meals. We ate a wonderful veggie stew DW made for us the other night. More of that.
- find/visit fiduciary early this year. I feel like we have a good handle on our financial strategies but we wonder if there is something we're missing. "Advisors" recommended to us by friends/family are also sales people for investment companies. No, we want someone who doesn't want to steer us towards "financial products".

Also, I'm hiring someone to do our taxes. Have always done them myself. Maybe I'm missing something we could improve there too.

Bumbles8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
For 2022:

1.  Hike an absurd amount of miles - for a bit on anonymity, I’ll keep that number to myself
2.  Enjoy the hike.  Embrace the suck but still find joy in the little things.
3.  Keep up my relationships back home as much as possible.  Call when I can
4.  Keep friends and family up to date with posts (attempting ~daily posts)
5.  Figure out what I want my next job to look like
6.  Take only necessary risks.  Don’t die while hiking

Anette

• Bristles

In 2022 I envision

Walking at least 200 000 steps monthly

Maintain Savings Rate of at least  38%

Prioritise investing time in my marriage and  (family) relationships

Loose at least another 5kg

Finally finish my BA

Spend weekly time with my one year old grandson

Overcome anxiety

May need to add more later. Thank you for starting this thread, it is a great exercise to prioritise
[/quote]

How are things going for everyone?

So far I have barely made the monthly 200000 steps but I have been able to get out for wal is a lot more this month.
Savings is automated but will be less this year unless we suddenly earn more ( other years my husband was given 15000 $ by his father, that we put into investments, will see whether that is happening this year)
Working on overcoming anxiety with my psychotherapist.
Have been able to finish the last module for my degree by writing a paper but still need to write another paper to get the degree.
Have been spending some really good times with different family members but have not lost any weight really.
I have prioritised health more than weight and went to a special doc for "blood tuning" this week. Still waiting for the results and ready to make dietary changes.
Hope everyone feels they made some progress.

dadbod

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Ack, made a pitch for a big promotion yesterday!  It seemed well-received but there are going to be additional discussions in the next few weeks so keeping my fingers crossed.  Also made the "if things don't change, I'll leave" comment, so some change is going to come...

started on the chicken coop.

Have a grown up swim meet in a few weeks, yeah!

started a taxable account.  wow how easy was that!

I love goal lists!  I may post a more extensive one in the 2032 Fire cohort, but off the top of my head:

fully integrate finances with husband.  It's only been 17 years with separate accounts and part of that time for a joint account for shared expenses.  Now moving to all money in a joint account and then discretionary funds moved to individual accounts.

max 401k / roth IRA. 

Start taxable account.

pay off student loans.

visit family more.

line up expat opportunity for spring 2023.

take scuba and tennis lessons; get son in piano and swim lessons.

lose 8 lbs.

have a million invested as a family (stretch goal, unlikely unless the stock market has another really good year).

at least one house project selected from the group consisting of renovating the laundry room, renovating the playhouse, adding a greenhouse, and adding a chicken coop.

continue landscaping backyard.

new family vehicle? perhaps.  new toy convertible?  also perhaps!

just keep swimming, folks!  And Merry Christmas!

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
One goal:

Finish my renovation and get out of Melbourne.

Bathroom still in pieces, showering at work.  Not going as well as I hoped.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!