Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288428 times)

Crease

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #2750 on: September 27, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »
A smart speaker. Google Nest, Amazon Echo, etc. We have a sitting room without any media. Thinking it would be nice to listen to music or podcast while laying on the couch. No idea where to begin as the market is saturated with options. Worth the plunge? Sound quality is probably the most important element to me.

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2751 on: September 27, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »
I've had a burst of spending lately on home decor stuff. I blame it on covid, and nesting instinct. Anyway, there are two little bird decorations I am still lusting for on Etsy for about $130 with shipping. Crazy. But I can't quit thinking about them.

big_owl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2752 on: September 27, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »
I'm getting an Acura NSX as my daily driver this Christmas.   Been driving the same car for almost 20yrs so I'm due for an upgrade.  Can't wait!

trollwithamustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2753 on: September 27, 2020, 03:19:30 PM »
I have recently been lusting after a Concept2 D rowing machine.  I'm on the waiting list but they estimate 9-10weeks until I'd be able to order because Covid  shut them down for several weeks and there has been an increase in demand.  I've been trying to get in shape with walking/running the past 5 years or so but I keep getting injured.  Between the injuries and our shitty winters, I need something low impact and indoors if I want to exercise with any consistency.  Im still debating if it's worth the money.  I have no doubt I'll use it daily.  Im pretty good with daily routines once I get started but spending almost $1000 for an exercise machine just seems silly. I guess I have a couple months to make up my mind.

wait for a new one... the used are ridiculously overpriced. I sold a 10 plus year old erg for 850!  they are great machines and last a long time if you maintain them correctly, but they wait for C2 parts is as bad as the wait for a new one.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2754 on: September 27, 2020, 04:24:16 PM »
I have recently been lusting after a Concept2 D rowing machine.  I'm on the waiting list but they estimate 9-10weeks until I'd be able to order because Covid  shut them down for several weeks and there has been an increase in demand.  I've been trying to get in shape with walking/running the past 5 years or so but I keep getting injured.  Between the injuries and our shitty winters, I need something low impact and indoors if I want to exercise with any consistency.  Im still debating if it's worth the money.  I have no doubt I'll use it daily.  Im pretty good with daily routines once I get started but spending almost $1000 for an exercise machine just seems silly. I guess I have a couple months to make up my mind.

wait for a new one... the used are ridiculously overpriced. I sold a 10 plus year old erg for 850!  they are great machines and last a long time if you maintain them correctly, but they wait for C2 parts is as bad as the wait for a new one.

The used ones within 100 miles of me are all asking $1100+. I can definitely wait for a new one at those prices.  That'll give me time to rest my achilles too.

Bloop Bloop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2755 on: September 27, 2020, 06:37:53 PM »
I'm getting an Acura NSX as my daily driver this Christmas.   Been driving the same car for almost 20yrs so I'm due for an upgrade.  Can't wait!

Awesome. The old NSX or the new NSX?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2756 on: September 28, 2020, 08:17:50 AM »

I bought one a couple of years ago and didn't use it as much as I should.  After seeing what they were selling for mid-Covid, I decided that I either had to sell it (and probably make $300) or use it, because having it sit here was pointless. So, I resumed rowing (but religiously this time) at the end of May.  I rowed 5k at 100 watts output and finished with a heart rate of about 159bpm.

Last week, I rowed 4k in two 10min intervals at ~120 watts, then 8k at 103 watts...and finished at 132bpm.

big_owl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2757 on: September 28, 2020, 09:07:46 AM »

New one.  I couldn't drive an old one as a daily driver, it would be a shame to do that to it.

RainyDay

• Bristles
« Reply #2758 on: September 28, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »
A new plaid, flannel shirt, because it's fall and my favorite season.

But how many plaid flannel shirts does one person need??  I have three, and live in Virginia, where it doesn't get that cold anyway.  Curse you, LL Bean catalog, with your fabulous colors!!

Alternatepriorities

• Handlebar Stache
  • Engineer, explorer, investor
    • Alternate Priorities
« Reply #2759 on: September 28, 2020, 10:58:29 AM »
A new plaid, flannel shirt, because it's fall and my favorite season.

But how many plaid flannel shirts does one person need??  I have three, and live in Virginia, where it doesn't get that cold anyway.  Curse you, LL Bean catalog, with your fabulous colors!!

You could move to AK. It's already been fall here for a month and there is at least another month or two before a down coat counts as a formal jacket...

Perhaps that's overkill.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2760 on: September 28, 2020, 11:34:46 AM »
Lusting after a summer cabin on a lake in Canada. Nothing fancy. Just a place to maybe spend the summer as I get older and have increasing ability to work for long periods of time remotely. Summers are unpleasantly hot in Maryland at this point, and only likely to get worse in coming decades. Spend downtime window shopping on relator.ca    I had hoped to travel up to that part of Canada this summer  to scope it out, but covid and our country's inept response to the pandemic, but a stop to my travel plans.

Bloop Bloop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2761 on: September 28, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »

New one.  I couldn't drive an old one as a daily driver, it would be a shame to do that to it.

That's great. Good to see someone on this thread pulling the trigger on something (Gotta live a little!). What made you decide on the NSX over other supercar competitors?

AO1FireTo

• Stubble
« Reply #2762 on: September 28, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
I have a lot of things I think about buying, not sure if it's lust.  These include:

1.  Japanese mini truck, I don't know why.  Probably because I like unique vehicles and I think this would draw a lot of attention.
2.  Works Electric Scooter (https://www.works-electric.com), possibly because it could cut down on my car usage but in reality its just a cool toy that is probably too dangerous.
3.  Building a big ass garage with nice hoist, work area etc.
4.  Solar panels for the house.  Problem is that the DW things they are ugly as S**T and unless Elon reduces the price of his, doesn't make economic sense.

big_owl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2763 on: September 29, 2020, 04:57:37 AM »
I have a lot of things I think about buying, not sure if it's lust.  These include:

1.  Japanese mini truck, I don't know why.  Probably because I like unique vehicles and I think this would draw a lot of attention.
2.  Works Electric Scooter (https://www.works-electric.com), possibly because it could cut down on my car usage but in reality its just a cool toy that is probably too dangerous.
3.  Building a big ass garage with nice hoist, work area etc.
4.  Solar panels for the house.  Problem is that the DW things they are ugly as S**T and unless Elon reduces the price of his, doesn't make economic sense.

Dad is that you?   My dad is obsessed with importing one of those Japanese mini trucks, he found som guy in PA that does it apparently.  He was also just sending me links of electric vintage scooters yesterday. 

big_owl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2764 on: September 29, 2020, 05:05:58 AM »

That's great. Good to see someone on this thread pulling the trigger on something (Gotta live a little!). What made you decide on the NSX over other supercar competitors?

Since I need a new daily driver, if I got a super car I needed one that was reliable and has a dealer network of reasonable distance from me.  It also needs to be functional enough and easy enough to live with to do daily chores like groceries and handle at least up to 1-2" of snow and not be completely useless.  The new NSX checks all these boxes. It's a honda, has extensive dealership network, has a very honda-like interior, is AWD, yet it's still really, really fast.  Plus you can get a 2019 with only a couple thousand miles on it for around $130k. Finding a used 488 in similar condition/price point isn't so easy.

Plus I won't feel as bad when I inevitably scratch something or it suffers seasonal wear and tear. 

friedmmj

• Bristles
« Reply #2765 on: September 29, 2020, 07:51:39 AM »
A new Ipad

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2766 on: September 29, 2020, 08:06:28 AM »

The used ones within 100 miles of me are all asking $1100+. I can definitely wait for a new one at those prices.  That'll give me time to rest my achilles too.

Ugh, the injury you’re dealing with is an Achilles tendon problem (tendonopathy)?  I have had this off and on for the last 8 years.

Just FYI, it’s not going to heal without PT.  The Achilles is the biggest and strongest tendon in the body and it tends to get overloaded when you’ve got tight hips, ankles, lower back, weak abs, etc.  Every time I slack off on my exercises it flares back up again, since the problem isn’t the Achilles itself, it’s the surrounding muscles being weak or tight that load the tendon wrong.

Bloop Bloop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2767 on: September 29, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »

Since I need a new daily driver, if I got a super car I needed one that was reliable and has a dealer network of reasonable distance from me.  It also needs to be functional enough and easy enough to live with to do daily chores like groceries and handle at least up to 1-2" of snow and not be completely useless.  The new NSX checks all these boxes. It's a honda, has extensive dealership network, has a very honda-like interior, is AWD, yet it's still really, really fast.  Plus you can get a 2019 with only a couple thousand miles on it for around $130k. Finding a used 488 in similar condition/price point isn't so easy.

Plus I won't feel as bad when I inevitably scratch something or it suffers seasonal wear and tear.

$130k is a good price for it. And no, a 488 would be nowhere near - the residuals are much stronger.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2768 on: October 01, 2020, 11:31:38 AM »
Sonos speakers. I have some nice speakers now, but they are huge. I'd love to get something much smaller that still sounds good. I think if I sell of my current stereo stuff I can probably get enough to buy a used Sonos setup. That means I need to stop being lazy and put my stuff up for sale though.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2769 on: October 01, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »

After stalking Amazon and Rogue Fitness, I was finally able to find one in stock.  I ordered it over lunch and it just shipped.  I should have my rower in time for my birthday next week.  Happy Birthday to me.  I haven't been this excited to spend money in ages.  This pandemic must really be getting to me 😁

big_owl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2770 on: October 01, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »

$130k is a good price for it. And no, a 488 would be nowhere near - the residuals are much stronger.

I really really love the F8 Tributo.  That will be my trade up car from the nsx in a couple years.  Or maybe the SF-90 Stradale.   

Sandi_k

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2771 on: October 01, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
I'm currently thinking of a Fitbit Versa 2, or an Apple Watch.

My preference is for a watch, with music stored, that I can use with wireless earbuds. I really don't want to drag my phone around as well, to sync the music over Bluetooth.

I can't find a straight answer on whether they both require that, or not.

facepalm

• Bristles
« Reply #2772 on: October 01, 2020, 07:39:19 PM »
I waited the 11 weeks or so to get one. Locally I couldn't find anything for less than $1400.

It was worth the wait. This will be my second Concept2 Erg. I cancelled a gym membership  (at the start of Covid) so I'll break even in a few months. It is a fantastic workout, doubly so in winter months.

Anid if you don't like it, you can easily sell it for what you paid.

AerynLee

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2773 on: October 02, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
I'm currently thinking of a Fitbit Versa 2, or an Apple Watch.

My preference is for a watch, with music stored, that I can use with wireless earbuds. I really don't want to drag my phone around as well, to sync the music over Bluetooth.

I can't find a straight answer on whether they both require that, or not.
I know for a fact that a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music will store it's own music and work with bluetooth headphones. I don't like to drag my phone around when running either and bought one of these last year

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2774 on: October 04, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »
I don't really think it's stupid, but I've been in the mood for a newer motorcycle.  (I bought my last street bike new in 1991, which is a mustachian long enough time, right?) I've been reading and watching a lot of reviews, sat on a lot of bikes, and taken a couple of test rides.  I wanted something sporty to enjoy the twisty mountain roads, but also wanted to be able to carry a passenger and a little gear. 

The bike that I decided to get is a 2016 BMW S1000XR.  I tested an 18' at the local dealership and was surprised at how smooth and easy to ride it was, considering it shares an engine with their S1000RR 200 Hp superbike that's detuned to 160 Hp.  The one I'm planning to buy only has 2600 miles on it, so it's basically new.  And half the price of a new one, which makes it a lot less stupid. 

:)

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2775 on: October 04, 2020, 11:23:54 PM »
And half the price of a new one, which makes it a lot less stupid. 

I'm not a biker myself, but the used market seems nice for them - lower prices and still often few miles and little wear.  :)

Jaayse

• Bristles
« Reply #2776 on: October 04, 2020, 11:41:36 PM »
I've been lusting after a Wyrmwood modular gaming table with quite a few of the accessories (at least the espresso maple medium sized which would be around 3k with all I would like and the shipping)...

I really, really, really want one and if it wasn't such a long wait for it I might have put in a request for one already, but by the time it would be ready I would be moving again and I have no idea where or what size apartment I could afford and if there were any delays I wouldn't have a forwarding address.  It is too expensive to have that many unknowns, so for now I'm not getting one, but that isn't preventing me from lusting for it.

https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/modulargamingtable/

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2777 on: October 05, 2020, 07:20:54 AM »

I'm not a biker myself, but the used market seems nice for them - lower prices and still often few miles and little wear.  :)

Its a fun mixed bag of value actually.  Sporty motorcycles in particular are commonly bought by idiots that crash them moments after driving them off the lot, and the fact that all of those crashed up bikes are on the used market lowers the overall average pricing.  If you keep your eyes out, you can get a deal, but you really have to be careful.  I almost bought a GSX-R600 several years ago that was impossible to keep in a straight line--the forks were bent just enough that you couldn't see by a cursory inspection and the seller had put new plastics and stator cover on so it was hard to tell it had been wrecked. 

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2778 on: October 05, 2020, 09:17:32 AM »

Its a fun mixed bag of value actually.  Sporty motorcycles in particular are commonly bought by idiots that crash them moments after driving them off the lot, and the fact that all of those crashed up bikes are on the used market lowers the overall average pricing.  If you keep your eyes out, you can get a deal, but you really have to be careful.  I almost bought a GSX-R600 several years ago that was impossible to keep in a straight line--the forks were bent just enough that you couldn't see by a cursory inspection and the seller had put new plastics and stator cover on so it was hard to tell it had been wrecked.

It's best to buy lightly used bikes from old guys.  The one I'm getting is from a 57 y/o lawyer with too many bikes to ride.  My last dirt bike was from an old guy that had too many bikes too.  They pour money into them & then realize that they can only ride one at a time, then get too old to ride any of them.  They're also too wise to get crazy on them, so they don't get trashed.  Old guys rock for getting toys from.  <grin>

CharlesBronzee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2779 on: October 06, 2020, 09:29:18 AM »
A new BMW 4 series. A lot of BMW fans find it ugly (in particular the huge grills), but I find it nice. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

I still have relatively new cars, so I can easily hold off for another 4-6 years. By that time there will be another car that will get my attention I’m sure. :)

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2780 on: October 06, 2020, 10:17:03 AM »
I've accumulated a few stupid lusts over the past few months:

1. Frey Bike CC.  Want this after I FIRE in a hillier area (without a second family car), plan to give my current e-bike to DW.  I suppose this lust is not just a few months old; it's close to a year now.

2. Xbox Series X.  Not super excited or anything for it, but friends are still on Xbox and with the backwards compatibility I figured I'd spring for it.  When I'm on the Xbox, I'm still playing a first-generation Xbone.  Preorder woes have thankfully taken any purchase decision out of my hands.  I may be able to wait until some deals start appearing, though if that takes too long I might spring for it.

3. New iPad.  Cheapest model, wi-fi only, but with upgraded memory should suffice.  Mine is 9.5 years old now and has trouble running most apps.  DW has been pushing for this one so I'll probably actually buy it if I see a good sale during Prime Day or Black Friday.

4. X3 fitness bar.  This probably doesn't rise to the level of 'lust' but I've been keeping my eye on it and considering.  If it were half the price, I'd likely give it a shot, but the price is just ridiculously high on it for what you get.  I'm looking for a way to stress my legs a bit more than I currently can with my home fitness regimen, and barbells are not feasible in my current house.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2781 on: October 06, 2020, 01:10:14 PM »
Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter mixed in.  Been trying to get rid of some excess flab and in withdrawal for a couple of months now.

I'm also lusting after ice cream. I haven't had any in over a month and I'm really craving it... but it's definitely better for me not to have it, haha.

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2782 on: October 07, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
Travel.  Anywhere, any time.  Soooo stupid right now.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2783 on: October 07, 2020, 11:03:09 AM »

Ditto. I have a work trip I could go on, and it’s tempting after 6 months at home. But it’s in multiple planes to two states that are in Covid-denial, and that just seems dumb.

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2784 on: October 07, 2020, 11:17:55 AM »

Ditto. I have a work trip I could go on, and it’s tempting after 6 months at home. But it’s in multiple planes to two states that are in Covid-denial, and that just seems dumb.

And I'm in Sweden.  Our neighbor countries won't let me in, and in these times I don't want to rely on public transportation even if I could.  A sneeze on the way to the plane or the train and you wouldn't be allowed to board, probably. 

Oh well.  I can ... take another walk around the block and dream of faraway lands. :)

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2785 on: October 07, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
Well, if it’s any consolation, our family’s travel-lust is to go to Sweden and visit our good friends there!

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2786 on: October 07, 2020, 12:25:18 PM »
Guys, I'm not even allowed to get a stupid plane
I didn't pass my medical because I get migraines. Ugh.

Now there's nothing stupid I want to buy :(

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2787 on: October 07, 2020, 12:28:50 PM »

You could fly a part 103 legal ultralight! At least in the USA.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2788 on: October 07, 2020, 02:15:59 PM »

So sorry to hear that!

Could you get flight instruction anyway, just not get the certificate at the end?  A Part 103 ultralight doesn't require any sort of medical or training, but having the training is strongly recommended...

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2789 on: October 07, 2020, 02:39:59 PM »

So sorry to hear that!

Could you get flight instruction anyway, just not get the certificate at the end?  A Part 103 ultralight doesn't require any sort of medical or training, but having the training is strongly recommended...

Ultralight's need a license here

facepalm

• Bristles
« Reply #2790 on: October 07, 2020, 03:58:44 PM »
I want a new 2021 Ford Bronco. Just the base model.

Talk abut dumb.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2791 on: October 07, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »
I want one of those fancypants model clock radios. I have a clock radio already, but it's got a few issues with the antenna/tuner (which could probably be fixed with a soldering iron) and there's no way to set an alarm that just goes off on weekdays and a different alarm on weekends.

The ones I kinda like have DAB radio (so more stations) and can set multiple alarms. But we're talking about $200 or so to replace what I've already got that still works.

BussoV6

• Bristles
« Reply #2792 on: October 08, 2020, 02:39:02 AM »
Peri-peri cashew nuts. My secret addiction.

The good ones are usually brought to Johannesburg from neighbouring country Mozambique. I guess covid restrictions have hindered supply lines. Locally available nuts just not the same!

WTF is this? Is there a spice mix added to roasted cashews when hot?

I have to settle for Nando's sauces from my local supermarket, and they have only 3 flavors. Arrrgh!

I'm a happy camper today. Peri peri cashews from Mozambik are again available. I have 2 kg in my kitchen cupboard.  :-)

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2793 on: October 08, 2020, 06:56:17 AM »

The good ones are usually brought to Johannesburg from neighbouring country Mozambique. I guess covid restrictions have hindered supply lines. Locally available nuts just not the same!

I have to settle for Nando's sauces from my local supermarket, and they have only 3 flavors. Arrrgh!

I'm a happy camper today. Peri peri cashews from Mozambik are again available. I have 2 kg in my kitchen cupboard.  :-)
Can you post a photo of the package and the nuts?
Craving Ouma rusks today.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #2794 on: October 20, 2020, 12:04:12 PM »
I want a new 2021 Ford Bronco. Just the base model.

Talk abut dumb.

same. then i think about buying a new car , especially a new ford that is also a brand new model. I think i will wait about 2-3 yrs for depreciation to hit. Although the manual sasquatch on a base sure is tempting ! 

ROF Expat

• Bristles
« Reply #2795 on: October 21, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »

Can you post a photo of the package and the nuts?
Craving Ouma rusks today.

If you want Ouma rusks, there are shops in the US that sell them.  There's a butcher in North Carolina who sells South African products and makes good biltong.  Personally, I only buy Ouma for the convenience.  You can make rusks at home that are far better than anything that comes from a factory. 

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2796 on: October 21, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »
I'm an undying fan of Bauhaus architecture.

International Style furniture is my favorite.

I go gaga whenever I see the sleek  continuity of Art Deco's flowing, streamlined forms.

So when I saw this motorcycle my pulse quickened.

It's a brand new BMW motorcycle swathed in custom made parts that make it look like the BMW R7 of the 1930s, an iconic, concept motorcycle that was never mass produced.

It's priced at about $50,000 but I can buy the brand new bike and the custom-parts kit for <$25,000.

I'm REALLY  tempted.

Buying the bike and putting the parts on it would be a fun project.

Beloved SO said "you never bought the '60's Bentley you wanted so why not buy yourself the cute bike."

It so happens I like cream-colored cars and bicycles so the cream-colored version  of this magnificent creation tempts me even more.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:11:35 AM by John Galt incarnate! »

bobble

• Bristles
« Reply #2797 on: October 23, 2020, 05:06:49 AM »
Not as stupid as i thought actually:

Six months ago at Lidl I picked up an unusual shampoo that was going cheap in their random stuff discount aisle. Much better than the shampoos I've been using for years, but what if I get hooked on it and end up with lifestyle creep of having to pay the sticker price once it runs out?

Well, it did run out, and I tried going back to normal shampoos, which I don't enjoy using anymore. So after some weeks I finally worked up the nerve to check on the ordinary price to buy a new six-month supply...

$4!

I guess Tresomme isn't some kind of fancy salon luxury brand as I had assumed...

So I'll pop that into my shopping basket. In truth the cost is double when paired with conditioner, but that lasts longer and I haven't used up the original yet.

(Aside: Some years back I tried to be a good Mustachian and stop washing my hair to see how it feels with just the natural oils, being a guy with a no fuss short hairstyle. I persevered for a month or so and I can now safely say that shampoo is one of the best value-for-money products in my life.)

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2798 on: October 23, 2020, 02:43:29 PM »
Not as stupid as i thought actually:

Six months ago at Lidl I picked up an unusual shampoo that was going cheap in their random stuff discount aisle. Much better than the shampoos I've been using for years, but what if I get hooked on it and end up with lifestyle creep of having to pay the sticker price once it runs out?

Well, it did run out, and I tried going back to normal shampoos, which I don't enjoy using anymore. So after some weeks I finally worked up the nerve to check on the ordinary price to buy a new six-month supply...

$4!

I guess Tresomme isn't some kind of fancy salon luxury brand as I had assumed...

So I'll pop that into my shopping basket. In truth the cost is double when paired with conditioner, but that lasts longer and I haven't used up the original yet.

(Aside: Some years back I tried to be a good Mustachian and stop washing my hair to see how it feels with just the natural oils, being a guy with a no fuss short hairstyle. I persevered for a month or so and I can now safely say that shampoo is one of the best value-for-money products in my life.)

I've found the opposite works best for me - I've let the top grow out since covid (I keep the back/sides short) and I've found if I shampoo it regularly it's frizzy and wispy and generally annoying, but if I just use water it behaves much, much better. 

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2799 on: October 23, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
I'm currently lusting after a rackmount file server with a RAID 5 of 4 TB SSDs and 10 gigabit LAN connection. Probably would cost $3k and change but would be a big improvement for how we manage our storage.
I spec'd this out and ended up with a list of components totaling nearly $5k... I think that's just a little too much to stomach.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!