Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288328 times)

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #1900 on: January 15, 2019, 02:50:19 AM »
Bringing this thread back into realms of normality...

My current thing I want is a We Rate Dogs 2019 calendar. Which would probably set me back about $20AUD. not $200k.

(I would have already bought this calendar but haven’t been able to find it in any meatspace shops and can’t be bothered working out how to get it sent to Oz. But.... cute doggos and puppers and supporting one of my fave Twitter people...)

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1901 on: January 15, 2019, 05:32:54 AM »
Currently I drive a sports car that, while not as expensive as the dream car, is still expensive, and I get a lot of happiness from road trips, bringing my friends along and letting them drive, detailing the car etc. I'm a car guy and I view them as lovely toys/art, I imagine similar to how art collectors view their pieces. Though I know art tends to appreciate.

What are you driving now? We bought a Porsche Cayman last year that I have talked about a lot in my journal. I think there is definitely a sweet spot for enjoyment versus cost/worry.

The depreciation on the McLaren 12C was brutal. $250k USD MSRP (and usually $300k+ optioned) in 2012 and now they can be found as low as $100k-$120k. For comparison, the Ferrari 458 which was similarly priced when new is still $150k-$180k at the bottom end.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1902 on: January 15, 2019, 08:36:27 AM »
Reading you guys talking about Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche on the MMM forum is hilarious. Not faulting anyone, just chuckling.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1903 on: January 15, 2019, 09:01:51 AM »
Lusting after a google books or audible subscription. There keep being book club books that my library doesn't have.

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles
« Reply #1904 on: January 15, 2019, 11:33:34 AM »
An aftermarket slip-on exhaust (Yoshi Alpha T) for my sportbike.

This is a costly accessory for a toy that I financed. AND - it does practically nothing besides make the bike look and sound better. Yikes! I don't have anything like MikeBT money, but I may also deserve to be asked WTF are you doing here, lol.

I post because putting it in print in this thread makes me confront how stupid the lust is.   

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1905 on: January 15, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »
I have a vintage car that I want to buy a $500 stainless steel exhaust system for. Maybe I'll make it instead.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1906 on: January 15, 2019, 08:00:44 PM »
Lusting after a google books or audible subscription. There keep being book club books that my library doesn't have.

My library system is different than yours, but we are near! So let me know if you can't find a book in your system and I'll check mine for you.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #1907 on: January 16, 2019, 02:48:08 AM »
A continuous stretch of good sleep. Seemingly stupid because it just doesn't seem to happen!

pab88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1908 on: January 16, 2019, 05:11:26 PM »
The responsibility and worry of maintaining, securing and protecting a $200 000 asset would not be attractive to me. All the studies show that new purchases feel normal after a month to six weeks.

However, I think hiring one for a week/few days and driving it on some winding roads before handing it back would be something I'd like to do. Then do it again 4 months later with a different sports car. Hedonic treadmill status: hacked :-).

Yes, it is true that most purchases lose their lustre after a short while and studies have shown it is the anticipation of the purchase more so than the purchase itself that brings happiness. At the same time, studies have also shown that if you turn a purchase into an experience, it brings a lot of happiness. Currently I drive a sports car that, while not as expensive as the dream car, is still expensive, and I get a lot of happiness from road trips, bringing my friends along and letting them drive, detailing the car etc. I'm a car guy and I view them as lovely toys/art, I imagine similar to how art collectors view their pieces. Though I know art tends to appreciate.

I might keep it for a couple of years, then sell it. Running costs like depreciation, registration, servicing, maintenance, repairs and consumables are all deductible due to the way Australian tax laws work. Our marginal tax rate is 47% so it's a reasonable saving.

As for the comments about it not being a MMM approach, I think we each need to rationally think about where we put our dollars. I have friends who splurge on expensive houses and private schooling for their kids. Keep in mind this is Australia where a nice house in a nice suburb costs at least $1.8 million and up to $4 million, and private schools (which have been shown to be no better than public schools) cost $30,000 a year. I prefer living in modest places close to work, in the low $1 million dollar range. I'm saving hundreds of thousands right there on my principal place of residence. And the PPOR isn't tax deductible. So, I feel that one exception to the frugality norm is okay when that cost is deductible and can be amortised over time.

Fair points, especially if income is well into the six-figures, the house is paid off, the expenses are deductible and you have a solid capital base of investments.

I'm a car guy myself (owned 6 or so cars, some sports/modified, from age of 15 to 28 but have gone car free for last 18months) but am a lot earlier along in my journey, so it's carfree, with the occasional rental, for now.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1910 on: January 18, 2019, 06:44:31 PM »
My IPad purchased in 2017 is starting to show signs of impending disaster and so I found a refurbished MacBook I liked for about $900, applied an old gift card for 185 I had, but did not complete the purchase.  So pricey!  The IPad yesterday would not turn on for the longest time, and sometimes struggles to play video or connect to websites.  Today it’s been functioning much better though I did nothing to it.

use2betrix

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1911 on: January 18, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »
The stupidest thing I’m lusting after? The 2020 Ford Mustang GT500 that was released Monday that I’ve been waiting years for.

It’s a dream but hard to suppress. I’ve been a “vehicle” guy my whole life. Motorcycles, jeeps, trucks, a few cars, etc.

I spend hours nearly every week just reading and researching. Every single car, new, old, etc.

Low mileage 2013 GT500’s that are loaded with the options are still around $50k. New they were around $68k. That’s $18k in depreciation over 6 years, or about $250/mo. Those are like sub 10k mile examples, not DD’s. Considering my income and savings rate, that’s about 3 hours of work per month..

I have a couple big things stopping me. 1. I’m a contractor and we move a ton, usually don’t have a garage. (We move states about yearly on average). 2. Since I’m a contractor, low job stability. 3. If I don’t buy the car, we will be close to hitting $500k saved this year, which is a big milestone. 4. After this current contract (June 2020) there’s a very good chance we might buy a diesel truck and airstream and take a longgg (6+ month) sabbatical road tripping across North America, then stay in the airstream for the contract work (so those are both expensive)

Yes, it seems stupid, and I’m lusting. I’ve just been dreaming for something like this since I was little, and on my single income this year I’ll orobabky save enough I could buy 2-3 of them outright.

I should also mention this has nothing to do with status or social aspect. I would probably honestly be too embarrassed to tell many people because that kind of spending isn’t me as much anymore. I just really really appreciate the beauty, power, and fine detail that goes into these things.

pdxmonkey

• Bristles
« Reply #1912 on: January 18, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »
There are a lot of cars I want, but I'm hoping to hit the 2 comma net worth club in 2020. Don't plan to buy anything before then. My home accounts for a large % of my net worth which means 3 commas still won't generate a money volcano to blow on things

pab88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1913 on: January 19, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »
The stupidest thing I’m lusting after? The 2020 Ford Mustang GT500 that was released Monday that I’ve been waiting years for.

It’s a dream but hard to suppress. I’ve been a “vehicle” guy my whole life. Motorcycles, jeeps, trucks, a few cars, etc.

I spend hours nearly every week just reading and researching. Every single car, new, old, etc.

Yes, it seems stupid, and I’m lusting. I’ve just been dreaming for something like this since I was little, and on my single income this year I’ll orobabky save enough I could buy 2-3 of them outright.

I should also mention this has nothing to do with status or social aspect. I would probably honestly be too embarrassed to tell many people because that kind of spending isn’t me as much anymore. I just really really appreciate the beauty, power, and fine detail that goes into these things.

Hear, hear on obsessively reading about cars and congrats on saving so much in a year, well done.

Doesn't Hertz rent out Shelby GT Mustangs in the USA? Could you treat yourself to a week with one until you end up with a place with a garage?

use2betrix

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1914 on: January 19, 2019, 02:47:45 PM »

Hear, hear on obsessively reading about cars and congrats on saving so much in a year, well done.

Doesn't Hertz rent out Shelby GT Mustangs in the USA? Could you treat yourself to a week with one until you end up with a place with a garage?

That is a very good question. I looked at the Hertz’s website and it looked like some big cities might have them occasionally but couldn’t actually find them there when I looked.

Renting once in a while might be a fun option. Might be worth trying out and see if it helps alleviate that urge.

Unfortunately, I don’t know that I’ll ever own a home until FIRE, at which point it will be much harder to justify. I would also be very happy with a low mileage 2004 svt cobra which would be around $22k-$30k and already of taken a hit on depreciation.

DreamFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1915 on: January 19, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »

Low mileage 2013 GT500’s that are loaded with the options are still around $50k. New they were around $68k. That’s $18k in depreciation over 6 years, or about $250/mo. Those are like sub 10k mile examples, not DD’s. Considering my income and savings rate, that’s about 3 hours of work per month..

I have a couple big things stopping me. 1. I’m a contractor and we move a ton, usually don’t have a garage. (We move states about yearly on average). 2. Since I’m a contractor, low job stability. 3. If I don’t buy the car, we will be close to hitting $500k saved this year, which is a big milestone. 4. After this current contract (June 2020) there’s a very good chance we might buy a diesel truck and airstream and take a longgg (6+ month) sabbatical road tripping across North America, then stay in the airstream for the contract work (so those are both expensive)

It sounds like you've already rationalized why it's ok for you to spend the money.  You can afford it, so it's all good.  So, go ahead and do it, despite all the face punches.  You only live once, right?

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1916 on: January 19, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »

Seems you can afford the car and you have wanted it forever. Do FUN things you can afford when you are young. If you have no money or it is going to strap you don't do it. I am retired now and THOUGHT we would be doing certain FUN things that have not materialized at this point. We did a lot of travelling when we were younger and thought we would continue to do so when we retired but have not done any due to certain reasons. If you can afford it do it. Stupid people spend money foolishly but if you are smart and have savings and it isn't going set you back on retirement go for it. We had a classic Corvette years ago and it was gorgeous. Here came the problem. We got to the point where we were afraid to drive it anywhere due to the fact that people drive like maniacs and we were constantly worried about getting into an accident. That whole thing ruined it for us and we sold it. It was a dream that turned into a nightmare for us.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1917 on: January 19, 2019, 04:11:07 PM »
A snowblower. We don't really need one; husband and I are both in our early 40s and healthy, and we own good boots and a pair of sturdy shovels. Plus, Detroit rarely gets more than 2-3" of snow at a time. But every time we get a greater snowfall (like today) and have to shovel our long driveway, I reeeeeally want a snowblower.

DreamFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1918 on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:53 PM »
A snowblower. We don't really need one; husband and I are both in our early 40s and healthy, and we own good boots and a pair of sturdy shovels. Plus, Detroit rarely gets more than 2-3" of snow at a time. But every time we get a greater snowfall (like today) and have to shovel our long driveway, I reeeeeally want a snowblower.

For me, it's a "bigger" "two stage" snowblower.  I've had a small single stage snowblower for 11 years, but it can't handle over about 8" of snow, and if the snow is too wet, it clogs up.  And when the snow plow goes by, it leaves a compacted deep barrier at the end of the driveway that it can't handle.  It usually handles most of the driveway fine, so I keep pressing along with what I've got.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1919 on: January 19, 2019, 06:27:15 PM »

For me, it's a "bigger" "two stage" snowblower.  I've had a small single stage snowblower for 11 years, but it can't handle over about 8" of snow, and if the snow is too wet, it clogs up.  And when the snow plow goes by, it leaves a compacted deep barrier at the end of the driveway that it can't handle.  It usually handles most of the driveway fine, so I keep pressing along with what I've got.

The driveway sludge is the worst. I would love a tool that could handle it.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #1920 on: January 19, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »
I would so love some snow.

My stupidest thing to lust after: a maximum temp less than 35C in the shade (95F) before the end of February.

Ha fucking ha.

I’m more likely to buy a racing car* than have my wish come true.

*I’m perfectly happy with my 6 yo Mazda3 (bought second hand)

Giro

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1921 on: January 20, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »
I want the new 2020 Toyota Supra.  I want one of the first 1500 off the production line.  Ahhh.   
I already have a 2014 Shelby GT500 and a 2016 Nissan GT-R.  But the Supra is going to be so awesome. 
Stupid stupid stupid, I know. 

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1922 on: January 20, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »
I want the new 2020 Toyota Supra.  I want one of the first 1500 off the production line.  Ahhh.   
I already have a 2014 Shelby GT500 and a 2016 Nissan GT-R.  But the Supra is going to be so awesome. 
What do you like about the new Supra?

highplainsdrifter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1923 on: January 20, 2019, 04:40:18 PM »
Reading all the car posts... I feel like I'm lusting smaller than most. I'm lusting after a Surly Straggler. Mmm. The 41mm tires with additional space for fenders. The Sram Apex 1x drive train. Disc brakes. Would be damn sweet to commute on that whip.

Talked myself out of it because there is a damn good chance I'm getting laid off later this year as a part of my company getting acquired.

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1924 on: January 20, 2019, 05:33:20 PM »
Reading all the car posts... I feel like I'm lusting smaller than most. I'm lusting after a Surly Straggler. Mmm. The 41mm tires with additional space for fenders. The Sram Apex 1x drive train. Disc brakes. Would be damn sweet to commute on that whip.

Talked myself out of it because there is a damn good chance I'm getting laid off later this year as a part of my company getting acquired.

I have a Straggler that I turned into a travel bike (I sent it to Bilenky in Philadelphia to get S&S couplers put in).  I don't really like it.  The horizontal dropouts are a pain, and there are lighter steel options now.  I have ridden it all over the world though, and have some good memories attached to it, so there's that.

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1925 on: January 20, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »
What do you like about the new SupraBMW?

Fixed that for you..

use2betrix

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1926 on: January 20, 2019, 05:55:31 PM »

Wanting a sweet car is understandable, but what on earth makes you desire a Supra apart from the name? People buy Toyota’s for the reliability and affordability.. throwing a mediocre bmw engine in there misses that mark..

Toyota’s TuRD program is a joke. From the TRD 4Runner (have one), Tacoma, Tundra... The company makes zero “exciting” vehicles. With my 4Runner I’m on some forums and it’s embarrassing how people think a set of upgraded plastics and crappy bilsteins with a 1.5” lift set the vehicles apart. Their FRS was even more of a turd.

Then you look at fords SVT program..

pab88

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1927 on: January 20, 2019, 06:22:38 PM »
On the bike theme, I kind of want a bikepacking-ready rigid 29er like a Surly Karate Monkey or if I won the lottery, a Curve 29er or Hunt 29er (the latter two are Aussie brands). I went on a bikepacking trip with a group, most of which had bikes like those. I made it OK in my 8 year old 26" tyre Surly Long Haul Trucker, but I was slower on the single track. I expanded the bike fleet to three last year with a second-hand Ti Lynskey road bike (it replaced an old, low spec Alu Giant road bike which is sitting in pieces now), so I feel like I should wait a year or so before getting another one.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1928 on: January 20, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »
What do you like about the new SupraBMW?

Fixed that for you..

Yes, the BMW Supra, I thought that was implied? I was trying to be diplomatic, I've done enough ranting on the new Supra in my journal already...

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1929 on: January 20, 2019, 06:50:42 PM »

Yes, the BMW Supra, I thought that was implied? I was trying to be diplomatic, I've done enough ranting on the new Supra in my journal already...

I was just piling on..

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1930 on: January 20, 2019, 07:21:30 PM »

I was just piling on..

:)

Giro

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1931 on: January 21, 2019, 09:49:54 AM »

I was just piling on..

Oh I know I know.  And I really dislike the front end because it looks like the z4. But, I graduated high school.in the 90s and  I LOVED the Supra but was very poor.  Lol. Just nostalgia I guess.   

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1932 on: January 21, 2019, 10:30:53 AM »

I was just piling on..

Oh I know I know.  And I really dislike the front end because it looks like the z4. But, I graduated high school.in the 90s and  I LOVED the Supra but was very poor.  Lol. Just nostalgia I guess.   

The entire basic proportions are Z4 (seating far back in the chassis). It's also a 2 seater instead of a 2+2 now.

I understand the nostalgia, when I graduated high school I owned a Supra (1987 model). I later bought a 1991 Turbo model with the targa top. When I sold it I literally cried. If it is nostalgia you are after you should be looking at the appreciating classic models (1987-1998) and not the [probably] fast-depreciating new one. My personal recommendation would be for a 1991-92 Turbo.

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1933 on: January 21, 2019, 06:34:06 PM »

I was just piling on..

The entire basic proportions are Z4 (seating far back in the chassis). It's also a 2 seater instead of a 2+2 now.

I understand the nostalgia, when I graduated high school I owned a Supra (1987 model). I later bought a 1991 Turbo model with the targa top. When I sold it I literally cried. If it is nostalgia you are after you should be looking at the appreciating classic models (1987-1998) and not the [probably] fast-depreciating new one. My personal recommendation would be for a 1991-92 Turbo.

I just bought my wife a low mileage IS300 with the 2JZ motor.  It's lighter than the Supra, has 4 doors and a reasonable back seat, and I am thinking about putting a single turbo on it (and a flex fuel system).  I've had 3 Lexuses (Lexii?) with the 2JZ motor which I firmly believe is Toyota's best ever.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1934 on: January 21, 2019, 08:26:48 PM »

I was just piling on..

I just bought my wife a low mileage IS300 with the 2JZ motor.  It's lighter than the Supra, has 4 doors and a reasonable back seat, and I am thinking about putting a single turbo on it (and a flex fuel system).  I've had 3 Lexuses (Lexii?) with the 2JZ motor which I firmly believe is Toyota's best ever.

My family had a Lexus GS 300 (also the 2JZ-GE) which I liked quite a lot. The 2JZ is quite the motor.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1935 on: January 22, 2019, 10:26:41 PM »

I was just piling on..

Very nice!

There was a time when I was going to get IS300 then add a turbo. I spent many hours looking online for IS300. But I end up with LS430 since we want/need the extra room. I love the quite and peaceful ride in the LS and do not regret that buy, but every time I see IS300, I got a little excited lmao I even tried to explain the 2JZ to my six yr old (that is what happened when one asked why I got excited to see an old four door Lexus)

I should really get an IS300 so that I do not end up with the new Supra...

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1936 on: January 23, 2019, 08:13:11 AM »
Okay guys, help me stay strong.  A 2008 BMW 535xi wagon just showed up at a buy here pay here lot across the street from my office.  It has the M-Sport package and the N54 twin turbo motor and 127,000 miles.  It is guaranteed to be a disaster, but TWIN TURBO WAGON!! How can I resist?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1937 on: January 23, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
Okay guys, help me stay strong.  A 2008 BMW 535xi wagon just showed up at a buy here pay here lot across the street from my office.  It has the M-Sport package and the N54 twin turbo motor and 127,000 miles.  It is guaranteed to be a disaster, but TWIN TURBO WAGON!! How can I resist?

Does it come with a stack of spare HPFPs?

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1938 on: January 23, 2019, 02:22:27 PM »

Supposedly that issue is fixed with the latest revision of the pump. Supposedly.  However, the carbon buildup, wastegate rattle, failing injectors, and cracking valve covers are still problems from what I understand. 

Still, TWIN TURBO WAGON!

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1939 on: January 23, 2019, 03:00:28 PM »
A super automatic espresso machine.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1940 on: January 23, 2019, 04:10:35 PM »
Resist by remembering that you'll spend more time working to pay for repairs than you will spend actually driving it. :)

HBFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1941 on: January 23, 2019, 07:20:24 PM »
A super automatic espresso machine.

I purchased a Jura ~ 8 yrs ago.  One of the best purchases I've ever made.   It's rock solid, don't think it'll ever break. Yes, initial cost is high, but it makes excellent espresso and I think it's a good value long term.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1942 on: January 23, 2019, 08:28:20 PM »

Supposedly that issue is fixed with the latest revision of the pump. Supposedly.  However, the carbon buildup, wastegate rattle, failing injectors, and cracking valve covers are still problems from what I understand. 

Still, TWIN TURBO WAGON!

Whew that is tough. That is a very nice car. Is it black on black?

I love BMW and their handling and the twin turbo. Only reason I am driving a Toyota and Lexus is because I know enough people that have had major headaches with BMW. Generally speaking, it just seems unreliable, and while I love tinkering and working in the garage, I prefer to be able to drive the car more than fixing the car.

use2betrix

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1943 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:13 PM »

Still, TWIN TURBO WAGON!

What about a Cadillac CTS V wagon? I’d imagine more reliable?

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1944 on: January 24, 2019, 04:27:30 AM »

Still, TWIN TURBO WAGON!

I love BMW and their handling and the twin turbo. Only reason I am driving a Toyota and Lexus is because I know enough people that have had major headaches with BMW. Generally speaking, it just seems unreliable, and while I love tinkering and working in the garage, I prefer to be able to drive the car more than fixing the car.

It is black on black. A good looking vehicle!

Maybe, but about 3-4x more expensive. Part of the reason this car is so tempting is that it’s listed for 9,000, and I could probably get it for 7ish. Easy cash purchase. A CTS-V is a 30k car.

eljefe-speaks

• Bristles

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1946 on: January 24, 2019, 10:18:51 AM »
A vegetable sheeter attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. 

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1947 on: January 24, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »

Still, TWIN TURBO WAGON!

It is black on black. A good looking vehicle!

Maybe, but about 3-4x more expensive. Part of the reason this car is so tempting is that it’s listed for 9,000, and I could probably get it for 7ish. Easy cash purchase. A CTS-V is a 30k car.

An ordinary CTS-V sedan or coupe is a $30k car, but the cheapest wagon on Autotrader in the US is $40k.  The cheapest one with a manual transmission is $59,800.

jps

• Bristles
« Reply #1948 on: January 24, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »
One Wheel.

https://onewheel.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx9er9OT33wIVx56zCh2FzAIiEAAYASAAEgI4W_D_BwE

My first thought was, "cool!" Then I looked at the price...

While we're on the topic of transportation, has anyone else mentioned the Boosted Board? https://boostedboards.com/ This is what I am lusting over right now. Obviously would need to get the Boosted Stealth, because, you know, only the best.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1949 on: January 24, 2019, 08:19:42 PM »
I'm very bored by the car discussion so...

A vegetable sheeter attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. 

Tell me more about your vegetable sheeter attachment, and why it's a stupid thing to be lusting after.

My new-ish one is a covered wooden deck for our backyard (would need to be enclosed because we get way too many mozzies for my liking). It would mean we would probably spend more time outside, increase the property value, we might host people a bit more. But, the expense would be $$$.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!