Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288112 times)

Odiedog859

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #1550 on: June 29, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
One of those fancy refrigerators, stainless, with double doors on top, freezer drawer below, water in the door.  We have a small, old school refrigerator that still works (but gets very crowded when family comes to visit.)  I always get the urge when I visit someone who has one.......

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #1551 on: June 29, 2018, 10:35:14 AM »
One of those fancy refrigerators, stainless, with double doors on top, freezer drawer below, water in the door.  We have a small, old school refrigerator that still works (but gets very crowded when family comes to visit.)  I always get the urge when I visit someone who has one.......

I heard the double doors are actually a PITA, if this helps curbing your lust.
And the water tap in the door? A friend of mine had a leak on that, while he was on holiday. He had to redo the kitchen floor, and only time will tell what's the long-term damage to the house.
You're welcome.

kanga1622

• Bristles
« Reply #1552 on: June 29, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »

I have a coworker with one and cannot tell you the number of times she's come home to the fridge doors being partly open. Apparently it must be ridiculously level and closed in the right order for the doors not to slowly open on her fridge. Since she's got 3 young kids, no amount of reminders helps. She can't wait until the stupid thing dies and she can go to a "normal" fridge again.

That helped me curb my want for one of that style.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1553 on: June 29, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »
A new DSLR.  I have a very old one (6.3mp) that I was using but no longer works.  I have been putting a lot of effort into my blog and Etsy shop and would really like a new camera for taking photos.  Right now I'm using my phone and another 10.1 mp camera (point and shoot) to take photos.  They are great but I don't get to control the photos the way I would like.  I'm torn between calling it an investment but also not.

I would like to buy it with the money I earn from the blog (so far $15 last quarter), but that seems so far away.

Have you looked into pricing on used ones? They can be reasonable. Something relatively new and on the lower end like a Canon T6i (24 MP) looks to be roughly $300-500 on eBay. And there's cheaper stuff too, depending on what you're looking for.

Odiedog859

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1554 on: June 29, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »

I have a coworker with one and cannot tell you the number of times she's come home to the fridge doors being partly open. Apparently it must be ridiculously level and closed in the right order for the doors not to slowly open on her fridge. Since she's got 3 young kids, no amount of reminders helps. She can't wait until the stupid thing dies and she can go to a "normal" fridge again.

That helped me curb my want for one of that style.

Thank you for helping get rid of the lust :-)

pdxmonkey

• Bristles
« Reply #1555 on: June 29, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
A new DSLR.  I have a very old one (6.3mp) that I was using but no longer works.  I have been putting a lot of effort into my blog and Etsy shop and would really like a new camera for taking photos.  Right now I'm using my phone and another 10.1 mp camera (point and shoot) to take photos.  They are great but I don't get to control the photos the way I would like.  I'm torn between calling it an investment but also not.

I would like to buy it with the money I earn from the blog (so far $15 last quarter), but that seems so far away.

Have you looked into pricing on used ones? They can be reasonable. Something relatively new and on the lower end like a Canon T6i (24 MP) looks to be roughly $300-500 on eBay. And there's cheaper stuff too, depending on what you're looking for.

What lenses do you already have for the old one? Are they worth enough to stay on the same lens mount or can you look at any of Pentax, Canon, Nikon, etc?

Mon€yp€nny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1556 on: June 30, 2018, 02:18:40 AM »
@kanga1622 I got a fridge alarm, it's LOUD when you are putting away your groceries but it solves the issue of fridge doors not being closed properly.
http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20070115/fridge-alarm/

And I lust for McDonald's, have been all week. It's a waste of money, it's too fat, the ingredients are horrible, I don't eat non free range meat at home and going there, eating there with all the waste would have a negative impact on the environment and besides, it doesn't even taste that good. But still, McDonald's successfully made me into a bit of an addict.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:23:27 AM by Mon€yp€nny »

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1557 on: July 02, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »

What lenses do you already have for the old one? Are they worth enough to stay on the same lens mount or can you look at any of Pentax, Canon, Nikon, etc?

I'm weary of buying used electronics on Ebays, I have been burned a couple of times.  I don't mind used but only if I can look at it before buying.  I'm keeping an eye on local Criagslist/FB for-sale ads.  I passed up a really good deal last year on a used camera and I regret it.

My lenses are very old and not worth anything.  I looked into selling them and I could get maybe $10 each.  The only reason I'm looking at Canon is because that is what I'm familiar with, but I'm not tied to it.  One photographer friend suggested I look at mirrorless cameras, so I'm reading those reviews.

Mon€yp€nny

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1558 on: July 03, 2018, 03:53:24 AM »
For practical (no groceries and bedtime) reasons, laziness and cravings.  We did end up at McDonalds last weekend.  What a disappointment. 
Over € 28 for the four of us for two crappy meals and two medium menu's.  I tried a temporarily burger that looked good on the picture but didn't even have all the ingredients that were on the picture. They also made a mistake and charged for more sauce than we ordered. 60 cents for a bit of sauce! I can buy a big jar for € 1,10. I went back to the desk to get money back for two sauces that were charged extra. €1,20 is a lot to waste I think.
The crave is over. I regret spending that much money.

wannabe-stache

• Stubble
« Reply #1559 on: July 03, 2018, 07:01:17 AM »
a miracle gro aerogarden

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #1560 on: July 03, 2018, 12:11:06 PM »
For four years and right before I fired I sold all our toys including 3 boats. I have missed having one and have been fire'd for 3 years and 3 months toyless. So I bought a boat that will serve the purpose that i thought i needed all the other 3 boats for. Got a deck boat. So dont need/want a pontoon, fishing or skiing as it will do all 3. I now own one toy. lol as opposed to the dozens at a period ago.

freya

• Bristles
« Reply #1561 on: July 04, 2018, 12:51:11 PM »
a miracle gro aerogarden

As crazy as my desire for a "foody" tower garden is, it is cheaper per planting site than Aerogardens (~$11 per site for the Foody12 plus grow lights vs $14-$25/site for Aerogardens depending on model). However, a friend of mine got three Aerogarden Sprouts ($50 on sale) and uses them as undercounter lighting in her kitchen.  That may actually be a cost-effective use for them, since you also get vegetables and herbs out of the deal.

DreamFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1562 on: July 04, 2018, 02:18:02 PM »
For practical (no groceries and bedtime) reasons, laziness and cravings.  We did end up at McDonalds last weekend.  What a disappointment. 
Over € 28 for the four of us for two crappy meals and two medium menu's.  I tried a temporarily burger that looked good on the picture but didn't even have all the ingredients that were on the picture. They also made a mistake and charged for more sauce than we ordered. 60 cents for a bit of sauce! I can buy a big jar for € 1,10. I went back to the desk to get money back for two sauces that were charged extra. €1,20 is a lot to waste I think.
The crave is over. I regret spending that much money.

I get an ice cream cone using the McD drive-through from time to time.  Last week, the sign still said $1.00, but they raised the price to $1.19.  Looks like I'll be cutting back.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1563 on: July 05, 2018, 12:41:56 AM »
Rain!

abpa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1564 on: July 05, 2018, 08:01:50 AM »
A used Toyota Dolphin camper that runs but needs some TLC.  Craigslist makes it so hard to stick to the plan!

Norrie

• Bristles
« Reply #1565 on: July 05, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »
A two bedroom apartment in Scotland, which is utterly ridiculous because we live in the Midwest in the US and could only spend a couple of months in it each summer. It’s stupid, but I keep looking at listings. Thankfully there is 0% chance that we will buy one within the next five years.

D.O.G.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1566 on: July 05, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »
A 26-yr-old, scrapped, yet well-maintained Iveco fire brigade pickup truck with an awning and a hydraulic loading ramp. 4600 €! Total madness!

But I will buy it nonetheless, although I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of such a huge expense (at least for me).

Here is why: My wife and I love riding our old Triumph motorcycles. And we love to travel in distant destinations like Scotland or Sicily.

The unpleasent part of it: In order to vacate there, you have to get there first. Which means butt numbing hours on end on crammed and/or jammed autobahnen, either in baking sun or pouring rain (there never seems to be something in between both extremes while travelling), plus twice the fuel for both bikes and double the road toll in France, italy etc. Food and drink has mostly to be bought on the road. Oh, not to forget the luggage limitations on a motorcycle!

After two days you're mostly not even near to your destination! In the meantime you need hotels or at least B&Bs (I don't like Air B&B), forcing you to unpack the bikes in the evening and to re- pack them the next morning. Very money and time consuming.

Once arrived, you're a considerable sum of money down, you're exhausted and the holiday hasn't even started. And of course you need accomodation while being on location. And time and money resources for your way home.

All this makes long distance travelling on two motorcycles both very inconvenient and very expensive.

Now, with this truck all of the disadvantages above are eliminated: We can load both bikes in the truck bed, pack whatever kind of stuff we need or like, trail our little camping trailer - and set off!

- The truck needs less diesel than both bikes need petrol.

- Camping grounds are way, way cheaper than hotels.

- We arrive faster because we can drive in shifts.

- We can bring more clothing than the odd three underpants and three pairs of socks, something that is much appreciated after two weeks on a bike.

- We can bring along food and drink supplies and even a small fridge (no more stale, luke warm water in a plastic bottle from the tank bag, hooray!).

- There's plenty of space for tools and spares that can usually not be brought along.

- Because of its age the truck is equipped with very little electronics, maintenance costs are lower and I can do a lot of maintenance myself, like I do already on our motorcycles.

- Not to mention the spacious cargo area that might come in very handy in many everyday life situations.

So maybe it is not that stupid after all to lust after this truck?

Let's hope I haven't fallen prey to wishful thinking. Humans are full of assumption biases . . .
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:36:32 AM by D.O.G. »

FIRE@50

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1567 on: July 05, 2018, 09:18:25 AM »
A $300 golf club. I'm pretty sure that it won't make me a tour pro, but I won't know if I don't try it, right?

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1568 on: July 05, 2018, 09:34:46 AM »
A 26-yr-old, scrapped, yet well-maintained Iveco fire brigade pickup truck with an awning and a hydraulic loading ramp. 4600 €! Total madness!

But I will buy it nonetheless, although I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of such a huge expense (at least for me).

Here is why: My wife and I love riding our old Triumph motorcycles. And we love to travel in distant destinations like Scotland or Sicily.

The unpleasent part of it: In order to vacate there, you have to get there first. Which means butt numbing hours on end on crammed and/or jammed autobahnen, either in baking sun or pouring rain (there never seems to be something in between both extremes while travelling), plus twice the fuel for both bikes and double the road toll in France, italy etc. Food and drink has mostly to be bought on the road. Oh, not to forget the luggage limitations on a motorcycle!

After two days you're mostly not even near to your destination! In the meantime you need hotels or at least B&Bs (I don't like Air B&B), forcing you to unpack the bikes in the evening and to re- pack them the next morning. Very money and time consuming.

Once arrived, you're a considerable sum of money down, you're exhausted and the holiday hasn't even started. And of course you need accomodation while being on location. And time and money resources for your way home.

All this makes long distance travelling on two motorcycles both very inconvenient and very expensive.

Now, with this truck all of the disadvantages above are eliminated:

We can load both bikes in the truck bed, pack whatever kind of stuff we need or like, trail our little camping trailer - and set off!

The the truck needs less diesel than both bikes need petrol. Camping grounds are way, way cheaper than hotels. We arrive faster because we can drive in shifts. We can bring more clothing than the odd three underpants and three pairs of socks, something that is much appreciated after two weeks on a bike. We can bring along food and drink supplies and even a small fridge (no more stale, luke warm water in a plastic bottle from the tank bag, hooray!).

Plus there's plenty of space for tools and spares that can usually not be brought along.

Because of its age the truck is equipped with very little electronics, so that I can do a lot of maintenance myself, like I do already on our motorcycles.

Not to mention the spacious cargo area that might come in very handy in many everyday life situations.

So maybe it is not that stupid after all to lust after this truck?

Let's hope I haven't fallen prey to wishful thinking. Humans are full of assumption biases . . .

Couldn't you travel to your destinations by plane, train, or car and then rent motorcycles when you got there?

D.O.G.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1569 on: July 05, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »
Couldn't you travel to your destinations by plane, train, or car and then rent motorcycles when you got there?

If one can afford to spend 4600 € on only one holiday, your suggestion would make sense.

But we want to travel by motorcycle for many years to come.

The main intention behind the truck is to lower our holiday expenses, not to boost convenience.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:34:38 AM by D.O.G. »

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1570 on: July 05, 2018, 10:52:07 AM »
I didn't realize it was so expensive to rent motorcycles. Just trying to help optimize.

D.O.G.

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1571 on: July 05, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »

I didn't realize it was so expensive to rent motorcycles. Just trying to help optimize.

I know, much appreciated!

freya

• Bristles
« Reply #1572 on: July 08, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »
I have little experience driving a truck and virtually none on a motorcycle, but I would guess that traveling by motorcycle would be a LOT more fun.  In other words, the vacation starts the moment you leave your house, instead of when you arrive at your destination.  And with all the super-compact and lightweight camping gear out there, couldn't you bring what you need on the cycles?  It's also a lot easier to camp by the side of the road (which is free!) when you're not dealing with a massive truck.  There's also the fact that RV campgrounds are not that easy to find, and are often associated with kitschy places that I prefer to avoid.

Ever read "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance"?  There's a lovely description of how to view motorcycle vacations in there.  It's about the journey, not about arriving.

highplainsdrifter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1573 on: July 10, 2018, 06:44:49 AM »
I currently have a 1x9 drivetrain on my commuter bike, which is a pretty small gear range. I'm lusting after buying a road bike drivetrain upgrade for the bike. I'd love to be able to ride up steeper mountain hills and go faster down all hills. That lager gear range would be pretty sweet.

OmahaSteph

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal: The Slow Lane to FIRE
« Reply #1574 on: July 10, 2018, 10:27:26 AM »
A bread machine.

An actual vacation. (I honestly can't remember the last one. Do trips back to Ohio to see my parents count? That was six years ago ... )

A collapsible outdoor laundry line.

runbikerun

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1575 on: July 10, 2018, 10:29:07 AM »
I currently have a 1x9 drivetrain on my commuter bike, which is a pretty small gear range. I'm lusting after buying a road bike drivetrain upgrade for the bike. I'd love to be able to ride up steeper mountain hills and go faster down all hills. That lager gear range would be pretty sweet.

Groupset upgrades are rarely worth the money: at the moment, a Shimano 105 groupset is showing up for just over 400 euro online, while Decathlon are willing to sell you a complete road bike for a couple hundred more.

If your cassette has a narrow range, though, then you may get a lot of return on a new cassette. If, for example, you have a cassette with cogs ranging from 12 to 25 teeth, the switching to an 11-28 will widen the gaps between the gears and give you two easier gears than you currently have (along with one that's for even more power than your existing top gear).

Edit: I've just realised you said you're running a 1x drivetrain. If you want to ride in the mountains, then give serious consideration to buying a road bike.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:31:57 AM by runbikerun »

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1576 on: July 10, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »
A bread machine.

An actual vacation. (I honestly can't remember the last one. Do trips back to Ohio to see my parents count? That was six years ago ... )

Get the bread machine! If you have a craigslist or a good thrift store nearby, hound them until you find on in decent shape. I got a brand new one for $30 on craigslist two years ago and it's still going strong. I make all our bread and pizza dough. With bulk yeast and bulk bread flour, it is a great money saver. At least in Hawaii, where bread costs about $5/loaf even for the industrial kind.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1577 on: July 10, 2018, 10:44:22 AM »
A Stand Up Paddle Board. One from Red Paddle Co. >.<

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1578 on: July 10, 2018, 11:16:05 AM »
I've upped my object of lust to an AWD Model 3 with LR battery and premium upgrade package,  but not the performance model.
Red with white interior will do, and I'll apply the ceramic coating myself.

What kind of ceramic coating are you talking about?

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1579 on: July 10, 2018, 12:01:04 PM »
I've upped my object of lust to an AWD Model 3 with LR battery and premium upgrade package,  but not the performance model.
Red with white interior will do, and I'll apply the ceramic coating myself.

What kind of ceramic coating are you talking about?

I would assume this:
https://exclusivedetail.com/ceramic-coating-for-cars/

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1580 on: July 10, 2018, 12:03:36 PM »
Thanks. Prior to this I knew about ceramic coatings for exhaust parts and thus for an EV I was confused.

OmahaSteph

• Pencil Stache
    • Journal: The Slow Lane to FIRE
« Reply #1581 on: July 10, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »
A bread machine.

Get the bread machine! If you have a craigslist or a good thrift store nearby, hound them until you find on in decent shape. I got a brand new one for $30 on craigslist two years ago and it's still going strong. I make all our bread and pizza dough. With bulk yeast and bulk bread flour, it is a great money saver. At least in Hawaii, where bread costs about $5/loaf even for the industrial kind.

I've got my eye on one - a Cuisanart convention stainless steel thing with amazing reviews. They're asking a bit for it, but not compared to what they cost retail. I'll spend a little more if I know it's going to last!

Question - where do you get your bulk ingredients?

englishteacheralex

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1582 on: July 11, 2018, 12:06:17 AM »
Costco! 25 lbs bread flour $6. 2 lbs yeast $5. 6 months of bread for two pb&j loving toddlers. And two parents who love blts.

Blackeagle

• Bristles
« Reply #1583 on: July 13, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »
A 30 minute flight on a restored B-29 Superfortress ($600-$1500 depending on which seat you get).  This is particularly temping for me because my late grandfather served in a B-29 squadron during WWII.

Navier

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1584 on: July 15, 2018, 01:42:47 PM »
A Butchers & Bicycles MK1-E Cargo Bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:38:42 AM by Navier »

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1585 on: July 15, 2018, 11:58:36 PM »
A 30 minute flight on a restored B-29 Superfortress ($600-$1500 depending on which seat you get).  This is particularly temping for me because my late grandfather served in a B-29 squadron during WWII.

I spent $375 to fly on the Liberty Belle - a B-17.  I’ve never regretted it. The Liberty Belle burned up several years later, so that experience (in that particular plane) can’t happen again for any price.

applegrapepie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1586 on: July 18, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »
A shot of Jager and a cigarette. I'm at work right now but could really do with a couple of shots of chilled Jagermeister and a Marlboro Red.

peregrine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1587 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00:12 AM »
I used to be a member of the Folio Society Book Club out of London, England.  It's a super-expensive way to buy books, though the books are of the highest quality available.

I'm not in that club any more, but I have been cruising through eBay ads for used Folio books... to restock the bookshelves I emptied out four years ago.  Sigh...

By the River

• Bristles
« Reply #1588 on: July 19, 2018, 12:05:42 PM »
I saw a jet suit on the news this morning and thought it would be great to commute to work with it.  However, if I had an additional ~$500,000 to buy it, I wouldn't need to go to work. 
https://www.standard.co.uk/shopping/selfridges-to-stock-iron-man-jet-suit-a3890311.html

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1589 on: July 19, 2018, 12:11:56 PM »
An appliance "garage" with tambor door for my kitchen remodel. So I can hide appliances (or more likely loaves of bread, boxes of cereal, and spices that would otherwise clutter the lines of the countertop). Only $100! 

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1590 on: July 20, 2018, 08:20:48 PM »
Was lusting after an iphone, but I just picked up my new $160 iPhone SE today. It replaced a Samsung Rugby Smart that was only 6 years old (three with me after I bought it used) but had slowed to unusability for anything but phone and messaging and was no longer reliable for telephone because the keyboard would crash. Guilt and happiness are at war, plus I'm worried I'll break the new little phone - will probably buy it a case next. But it plays well with my other devices.

JimLahey

• Stubble
« Reply #1591 on: July 21, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »
A fishing kayak. Looking at ones that are between $500-800. Which is cheap compared to some, but haven't gotten the wife onboard yet.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1592 on: July 21, 2018, 08:44:50 AM »
Ok, I got one.   It's a real hoverboard.   Not commercially available yet.

https://zapata.com/air-products/flyboardair

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1593 on: July 22, 2018, 09:27:17 AM »
A Windstone dragon sculpture.  Several hundred dollars for a glorified paperweight, but I've wanted one since I was a kid, and someone just reminded me that they exist, and I found someone selling off a collection that has the exact statue I was longing for as a teenager, which has since been discontinued... must... resist...

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1594 on: July 26, 2018, 01:05:56 AM »
RWDs journal got me lusting after a Porsche Cayman... which is stoopid since I hardly drive, and when I drive it's in a small convertible which is not only fun, but a convertible (which the Cayman is not).  Since I got the convertible (19 year old!) out of winter storage in April, I think I've driven less than 200 km.

But still. Porsche.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1595 on: July 26, 2018, 07:32:33 AM »
RWDs journal got me lusting after a Porsche Cayman... which is stoopid since I hardly drive, and when I drive it's in a small convertible which is not only fun, but a convertible (which the Cayman is not).  Since I got the convertible (19 year old!) out of winter storage in April, I think I've driven less than 200 km.

But still. Porsche.

The Porsche Boxster is a convertible Cayman. The 2009 models can be had for under $25k now (USD, not sure how they are priced where you are). Example. That's right, you could be driving around in a Porsche convertible for less than the price of a new base model Camry.

:)

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1596 on: July 26, 2018, 07:38:53 AM »
Nah... my SLK will have to do for a while more.  :)

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1597 on: July 26, 2018, 08:00:54 AM »
Nah... my SLK will have to do for a while more.  :)

I see, you already have a German convertible sports car! Come say "hi" in my journal sometime, you'll fit right in. :)

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1598 on: July 26, 2018, 09:26:15 AM »
Kayaks. We live in the suburbs, work full time, and camp near water only twice a year, so they would barely get used. But we just got back from camping on one of the Great Lakes, and several other campers took sunset paddles, etc.

Also from that trip: the hammock with a built-in can/cup holder that we spotted on another campsite.

CoffeeR

• Bristles
« Reply #1599 on: July 26, 2018, 10:41:55 AM »
The new 2019 BMW M2 https://goo.gl/1e4aLg. I already drive a clown car by mustacian standards, but this would be even more clownish. I'll probably wait until I can get this one used a couple of years from now. Maybe.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!