Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?  (Read 1288199 times)

Bones

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: What's the stupidest thing you're lusting after right now?
« Reply #800 on: May 15, 2017, 11:58:19 PM »
A table saw and/or miter saw.

I've recently been very interested in woodworking and I received my grandfather's circular saw as a gift (after I expressed my interest in woodworking to my father). I built a really fun DIY sleeping platform for the back of my car with storage space and a fold out kitchen and tested it out on a climbing trip for 4 days and it worked wonderfully and we saved 50 bucks or so on camping (materials paid for themselves already).

Now I want more tools so I can build more things like garden planters and grow my own food (and save money - see, the saw will pay for itself, haha). Although I know that doesn't actually make sense and I need to snap out of spending out of my means even if I think it's for a good purpose. I can build things with the current tools that are available to me right now.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #801 on: May 16, 2017, 06:20:33 AM »
We've been eyeing a $992,000 new construction home. 4bed/3.5bath 2700sqft. SoCal coastal living.

Given our outrageous $2600/mo 1bed/1bath rent, current low-low mortgage rates, and the potential tax savings given our income... it's been hard to move on from this one :).
We bought a house with similar stats*, so your numbers have no shock value to me. My question is why you need to inflate the size of your living quarters so much? You seem to be holding an apple in one hand and an orange in the other. Your costs to operate such a big house will be much higher and your property taxes alone will be nearly $1,000 per month. If you think  $2600 is outrageous, why do you want to nearly double your housing costs? I'm fine with you buying a house, but 2700 SF on what is most likely a minuscule lot is probably facepunch worthy.

*Our household consists of four adults, it's on a good-sized lot, and it's 3.5 blocks from DH's work. Oh, and we paid cash. Similar stats, totally different situation.

bryan995

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #802 on: May 16, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
We've been eyeing a $992,000 new construction home. 4bed/3.5bath 2700sqft. SoCal coastal living.

Given our outrageous $2600/mo 1bed/1bath rent, current low-low mortgage rates, and the potential tax savings given our income... it's been hard to move on from this one :).
We bought a house with similar stats*, so your numbers have no shock value to me. My question is why you need to inflate the size of your living quarters so much? You seem to be holding an apple in one hand and an orange in the other. Your costs to operate such a big house will be much higher and your property taxes alone will be nearly $1,000 per month. If you think  $2600 is outrageous, why do you want to nearly double your housing costs? I'm fine with you buying a house, but 2700 SF on what is most likely a minuscule lot is probably facepunch worthy.

*Our household consists of four adults, it's on a good-sized lot, and it's 3.5 blocks from DH's work. Oh, and we paid cash. Similar stats, totally different situation.

You are absolutely correct that this home would be on a minuscule lot ... might even be able to reach out the window to pass some sugar to the neighbor.

All new-ish homes in our area are massive, this one in particular being one of the smallest being offered.  We first started looking for a ~1800sqft >=3bed, >=1.5bath home, the only ones we could find in desirable areas were built in the 70/80s and need major updating, priced 700k-900k.  All of the new construction is 2700sqft - 5500sqft mansions.  Starting at 950k, and quickly moving to >1.8mil.  So we are not inflating our housing size by choice, it is moreso a function of whether we see to extra $200k jump from an outdated 'small' home to brand new 'large' home as 'worth it'.  Since we are both young-ish and we can 'technically' afford this now, things 'should' only become easier as time moves on.  All of the buyers and competition in our area is in the <800k range, so by spending just a bit more we can avoid the inflated prices and get significantly more for our money.  The new homes would be about a 20 minute commute, wheras the older homes would be above a 10 minute commute. The fact that I am still trying to justify this is as you say, probably facepunch worth :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:04:25 PM by bryan995 »

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #803 on: May 17, 2017, 07:21:45 AM »
A paid-off mortgage.

mcneally

• Bristles
« Reply #804 on: May 17, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
I just bought a $250 Hamilton ticket from a scalper. Actually my parents did because I said that's all I wanted for Christmas last year, but I would have bought it myself. That's just over 1% of my total spending for the year.

spokey doke

• Pencil Stache
  • Escaped from the ivory tower basement
« Reply #805 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:23 AM »

The Lucca A53 and the Eureka 65E is the combo what I want...and I don't (yet) have any reason to not want to go through Clive's...they have been really helpful thus far (and in my past dealings with them)

...does foregoing the $600 Bubinga wood panels make this a mustachian purchase?
My concern with Clive's is not them, it is that they are the only one out there that I can order parts from to service this machine in the future.  They will have me by the short and curlies.

May I ask why the A53 instead of something with the E61 grouphead?  And yes saving a few hundred bucks on not getting wood is very mustachian of us :) Not to mention I think the steal look is so much more bad ass.

May I also ask why the Eureka? I am currently researching what grinder to upgrade to and have not looked at this one yet. Seams to be in my price range.  I see Clive's sells it as a combo deal for what seams to be a reasonable price.

My reading of things suggests both machines have the combo of performing at a high level, being reliable, and also user friendly (and the numbers on the Eureka are impressive (burr size and motor power, along with the adjustable spout and the just barely under counter height).  I also like their look (for a long time I was definitely all about getting an all stainless machine with all the knobs, but keeping those clean can be a pain).

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #806 on: May 21, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »
a vacation home in another province,
but instead I booked the camping in that area for the whole vacation and it was way cheaper !!

sultee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #807 on: May 22, 2017, 12:19:58 AM »
If you give a mouse a cookie...

Got my first bike in a decade a couple months ago. Now I want a new helmet. And a fancy ceiling hoist. And tools for DH to work on the bikes. And so on.

Buy a park tools kit to get all your necessary bike tools in one quick lump and then pick up some U hooks and mount them in the ceiling for a cheap bike rack!

Tris Prior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #808 on: May 22, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
One of my friends posted a link to a vintage-reproduction clothing website. I checked it out and they have swimsuits that actually cover one's body decently! Bathing suit bottoms that are not so high-cut that they require getting a brazilian! One has sugar skulls on it, which is sort of an obsession with mine.

I want it. I never swim or go to the beach. I have not put on a swimsuit in 10 years. I still want it!

gypsy79

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #809 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:18 AM »
1. Two new throw pillows for my patio furniture--they will look nice but serve no purpose other than getting in the way.
2. I want to pay someone to paint the interior of my home because I have "paid my dues" and don't feel like doing it myself. :-) Luckily for my bank account, I am too lazy to call a painter just like I am too lazy to paint.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #810 on: May 22, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »
Pokemon GO Plus and a long-lasting power supply. I grew up with Pokemon, I met my husband through Pokemon, and I still love Pokemon. I also love exploring the city on foot, which I could do much more efficiently if I had the GO Plus and didn't have to go back home to recharge the phone every couple of hours.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #811 on: May 22, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »
Lately, I've wanted SO MUCH. Seems to come in big waves for me.

-A front porch swing.

-A bunch of plants to re-landscape the front of my house.

-New work shoes.

-More work clothes for hubby. He doesn't mind re-wearing stuff, but I don't want him to have to.

-Just gave into one big one: an electric mower and edger.

-Drip system for our garden.

-A bunch of fancy fridge and pantry organizers.

-More windchimes.

-Paint, to re-do some rooms... I want them the same colors mostly, just fresh paint! And not matte.

-A new kettle, this one with a swan neck, since I spill ours all the time doing pour overs.

-Refinished cabinets in our kitchen and the guest bathroom.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #812 on: May 22, 2017, 03:38:57 PM »
I really want to buy an Instant Pot. But I already have a perfectly functional rice cooker and slow cooker. I suppose I'll make do with those until one of them breaks...

robtown

• Stubble
« Reply #813 on: May 22, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
An Omega juicer for $255 so I bought the higher end one for $350.   I've already feed it spring onion tops, broccoli stalks, spinach, and reject/small/mangled asparagus from my garden so it's earning its keep.     It also blended up some frozen banana and blueberries - surprisingly delicious.     I've made my first quart of soy milk and have my old soy maker for sale.

Oh,  and the Tesla 3  which I expect will take another 2 years to show up.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #814 on: May 22, 2017, 05:46:43 PM »
Pokemon GO Plus and a long-lasting power supply. I grew up with Pokemon, I met my husband through Pokemon, and I still love Pokemon. I also love exploring the city on foot, which I could do much more efficiently if I had the GO Plus and didn't have to go back home to recharge the phone every couple of hours.

I bought an external battery when we went on vacation in November. It has allowed me to play for extended periods a few times since. I can't decide if the GO Plus would be worth having or not. It would be nice to be able to track my distance without having my phone out.

Bumbles8

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #815 on: May 22, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
I want to buy lightweight(ish) hiking equipment.  Pack, tent, pad, sleeping bad, and all the accessories.

Want to start spending some extended weekends hiking

khangaroo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • My Blog
« Reply #816 on: May 23, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »
Warby Parker Robinson prescription sunglasses = $175

The driving season is coming up soon with my S2000 group and I've been wearing regular sunglasses but with my eyes not being so bueno anymore, these would make a DRAMATIC difference as I currently wear my non-sunglass Rx WP when I drive and I don't know how I did it before...

I'll probably be able to sneek them in during my next bi-weekly budget as this month's was shot due to a traffic ticket and mother's day T_T

Whoo!! Happy to say I found the room in my budget to buy my WB's and they should arrive any day now - delayed gratification ftw.

Now I'm lusting for a Porter Cable 7424XP with a waxing kit... and summer is right around the corner...

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #817 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
I want to buy lightweight(ish) hiking equipment.  Pack, tent, pad, sleeping bad, and all the accessories.

Want to start spending some extended weekends hiking

I got most of this equipment during my pre-Mustachian days, but I think you can still get good quality gear on the cheap if you look around. If you have an REI near you, check out their "garage sales". Also check CL and other used outlets.

Finally, and since you live in the SE- hammock FTW! Backpacking with a hammock is lighter, easier to set up, and cheaper (even at retail prices) when compared to a tent. I'll admit it took me a couple of nights to get used to it, but it's now my go-to camping method when the weather is nice.

o2bfree

• Bristles
Saved in the 11th hour!!!
« Reply #818 on: May 23, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »
A NEW Sprinter van for camping. We're currently running a 1996 Savana, which is ok, but it's had problems and we're getting a little leery of taking it on long road trips. Also, we'd like a taller van that we can both stand up in. We'd be happy with a used Sprinter, but it's hard to find them with lower miles, say <100,000. The new models we're interested in start above $40k. We can easily afford it, but dang, that would singe my mustache.
I've also dreamed about a Sprinter van for camping as well... most of them are around $120k - $150k I believe.  What are the new models that are from $40k - $100k?   

So after months of research and frustration trying to find a used van in good condition with low miles, we were poised to purchase a new Nissan NV cargo van, to the tune of around $35k. We can afford it, no problem, and generally keep cars 10+ years, so we felt ok about it.

But we hesitated on the quote from the dealer because they wanted $1,800 to add windows on the two back doors. The build-it tool on the Nissan website showed only $190 for the windows installed at the factory. We took the quote home to mull it over, and decided to go back the next day and tell the guy we'd buy right now if he could do the windows for $190.

But that evening, hubby got on Craigslist again and found a 2006 Ford E150 cargo van with only 26,000 miles on it for $11k! That's about $3k over blue book, but man, those truly low-mile vans are hard to find. "Low-miles" for a cargo van is often over 100,000. Hubby went to check it out, said it was in great shape, so we bought it. It probably needs new tires, but we're still happy with the find. That's ~$23K kept in the stache!

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #819 on: May 23, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »
An amp. another amp. For the same set of speakers.
I have one, want another to bi-amp.
ahhhh, such sweet sweet 1st-world problems.
Good luck ya'll!

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #820 on: May 23, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »
A new computer. I built mine in 2008, and it is starting to feel really slow. I've been building a bunch of different combinations on pcpartpicker, but didn't want to spend the money on a new system.

Just realized I could purchase more RAM for $20. I think it will help tremendously, but I'll know for sure in a couple days.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #821 on: May 23, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
A new computer. I built mine in 2008, and it is starting to feel really slow. I've been building a bunch of different combinations on pcpartpicker, but didn't want to spend the money on a new system.

Just realized I could purchase more RAM for $20. I think it will help tremendously, but I'll know for sure in a couple days.
RAM is a good bang-for-buck upgrade.  You might just need a new OS install too.  Or an SSD if you're feeling fancy.

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #822 on: May 23, 2017, 02:11:18 PM »
A live firing Pulse Rifle that would be made out of a Thomson M1A1 "Tommy Gun", a Remington 870 Wingmaster, SPAS 12 heat shield and pump and would involve several hours of development time and probably a day of machining. The guns alone would be about 1200 plus 400 for an SBS and SBR stamp from the BATF the machining and other parts would likely exceed 1000. I am only maybe able to justify it since I can write off the cost as a business expense for my ammo resale business and it would stop almost every 80s kid in their tracks cold to ask 50 million questions. The big question being can I fire it which would be "yes if you buy a few cases of ammo ;)"

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #823 on: May 24, 2017, 11:04:56 AM »
I really want to buy an Instant Pot. But I already have a perfectly functional rice cooker and slow cooker. I suppose I'll make do with those until one of them breaks...

Sell them both and buy an Instant Pot. I love mine...

Saving4Fire

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #824 on: May 24, 2017, 11:20:39 AM »
An Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch.   So beautiful.   So pointless.

Cowardly Toaster

• Bristles
    • My MMM Forum Journal
« Reply #825 on: May 24, 2017, 12:05:54 PM »
Big Chill Retro appliances for the remodelled house.

Especially a refrigerator with rounded edges.

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #826 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:21 PM »
My most useless, frivolous, just-don't-go-there wish is a fancy sports physiology lab profile - VO2max, lactate threshold, DEXA scan for both bone mineral density and body fat measurement, accurately measured cycling power profile - and a customised training plan. I'm in my fifties, I enjoy sport but have absolutely no talent for it, and after all these years I have a good feel for what works for me and a bunch of numbers wouldn't turn me into an Olympian or even an international-standard Masters athlete so it's better that I save the cost towards ...

The stupidest thing on my wish-list is a fully suspended, custom built, mountain bike tandem. One of those machines that costs a five-figure sum to build and has the same sort of upkeep costs as a thoroughbred racehorse. My husband and I love road tandeming, and being able to ride rough off-road terrain on a really good bike seems like the obvious next addition to our repertoire. But the reality is "so many bikes, so little time". We're practising delayed gratification. If we still really, really, really want one when we actually retire and have lots of time to go out to play on it, we'll have one.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #827 on: May 24, 2017, 05:43:54 PM »

So you really think it's worth it that much? Also, I've yet to see an instant pot that is as big as my current slowcooker- we got it for free when a neighbor moved out, and the thing is a beast.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #828 on: May 25, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »

So you really think it's worth it that much? Also, I've yet to see an instant pot that is as big as my current slowcooker- we got it for free when a neighbor moved out, and the thing is a beast.
Mine fit an 8 lb chicken. I had to break it down, but all of the component parts fit. It's the 6L, and they also have an 8L version. It also looks like they've introduced a "budget version" they call the LUX. It doesn't do yogurt, and it looks like it only comes in the 6L. https://www.hippressurecooking.com/which-instant-pot-model-is-right-for-you/

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #829 on: May 25, 2017, 08:39:16 AM »
Discussion over in the Overheard at Work thread made me want a spa day. No manicure/pedicure or anything, just a relaxed atmosphere, good massage, and nice long soak in hot water. Bonus for somebody to wash my hair--I loved that part of getting my hair cut, but I think the last time that happened was in 2003.

steviesterno

• Bristles
« Reply #830 on: May 25, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
A live firing Pulse Rifle that would be made out of a Thomson M1A1 "Tommy Gun", a Remington 870 Wingmaster, SPAS 12 heat shield and pump and would involve several hours of development time and probably a day of machining. The guns alone would be about 1200 plus 400 for an SBS and SBR stamp from the BATF the machining and other parts would likely exceed 1000. I am only maybe able to justify it since I can write off the cost as a business expense for my ammo resale business and it would stop almost every 80s kid in their tracks cold to ask 50 million questions. The big question being can I fire it which would be "yes if you buy a few cases of ammo ;)"

that would be a great thing to generate some social media views to your page. I'm a 3 gunner and I've never heard of your ammo. seeing that pop up would certainly get my interest, so it may be worth while...

spokey doke

• Pencil Stache
  • Escaped from the ivory tower basement
« Reply #831 on: May 25, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »
O.K. - enough playing around...

An X-Yachts Xc 38

jlcnuke

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #832 on: May 25, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »
I could have just invested the money, but I've been lusting after a new bike for a while so I picked this up today.. 2014 FZ6R with under 2k miles on it.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #833 on: May 25, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »
Discussion over in the Overheard at Work thread made me want a spa day. No manicure/pedicure or anything, just a relaxed atmosphere, good massage, and nice long soak in hot water. Bonus for somebody to wash my hair--I loved that part of getting my hair cut, but I think the last time that happened was in 2003.

That sounds wonderful. Add that to my lusting-after list, too!

Scandium

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #834 on: May 26, 2017, 08:28:20 AM »
Thanks to page 1 of this thread I'm now lusting after a DJI mavic ($1000) and maybe a Cyr wheel ($??). Thanks!
Awesome aerial photos of the family and kids on vacation is totally worth a grand right..?

Cowardly Toaster

• Bristles
    • My MMM Forum Journal
« Reply #835 on: May 26, 2017, 10:23:51 AM »

That sounds wonderful. Add that to my lusting-after list, too!

Massages have enough a healthy angle that you could probably treat yourself to one.

StartingEarly

• Bristles
« Reply #836 on: May 28, 2017, 03:15:58 AM »

that would be a great thing to generate some social media views to your page. I'm a 3 gunner and I've never heard of your ammo. seeing that pop up would certainly get my interest, so it may be worth while...
[/quote
I actually just applied for a seller's permit and went to my first show this weekend down in Iowa. I need to get an EIN soon so I can open a bank account for it and eventually have point of sale ability. The company is known as Gun Grub of Wisconsin. My slogan is "Feeding the 2nd Amendment" I sell a variety of ammo, currently 9mm, 40 S&W, 45acp, 223, 300 blackout subsonic, 308 match tracer and 50BMG. 9mm and 223 I don'T have good prices on and 45 the margins are slim. 300 blackout my prices are about unheard of same for 308 tracer.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #837 on: May 28, 2017, 06:03:21 AM »
I could have just invested the money, but I've been lusting after a new bike for a while so I picked this up today.. 2014 FZ6R with under 2k miles on it.
And
Massages have enough a healthy angle that you could probably treat yourself to one.

Is it still lusting if you got it? Also, I don't mean to be a downer but we shouldn't be enabling here unless there is legitimate reasons...

lemonde

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • A puzzle in progress...
« Reply #838 on: May 28, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »

It's a Volvo, so it's unreliable as hell, but it's got top notch safety features.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #839 on: May 28, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »
oh no, volvo lust.

LukeS

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Saved in the 11th hour!!!
« Reply #840 on: May 28, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »

So after months of research and frustration trying to find a used van in good condition with low miles, we were poised to purchase a new Nissan NV cargo van, to the tune of around $35k. We can afford it, no problem, and generally keep cars 10+ years, so we felt ok about it.

But we hesitated on the quote from the dealer because they wanted $1,800 to add windows on the two back doors. The build-it tool on the Nissan website showed only $190 for the windows installed at the factory. We took the quote home to mull it over, and decided to go back the next day and tell the guy we'd buy right now if he could do the windows for $190.

But that evening, hubby got on Craigslist again and found a 2006 Ford E150 cargo van with only 26,000 miles on it for $11k! That's about $3k over blue book, but man, those truly low-mile vans are hard to find. "Low-miles" for a cargo van is often over 100,000. Hubby went to check it out, said it was in great shape, so we bought it. It probably needs new tires, but we're still happy with the find. That's ~$23K kept in the stache!

Cool!  I really wanted to finance a new 4x4 sprinter van with high roof and long length, talked my self out of that kind of debt and ended up spending only 900.00 on an old ford g30 passenger van a few months ago. I live out of it 25 days a month.  Would be cool to see how you outfit your new van. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:42:48 PM by LukeS »

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #841 on: May 28, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »
It's a Volvo, so it's unreliable as hell

Makes me sad, because that was not always the case.

Speaking of which I was lusting after building a 240 with lots of boost. My brother used to have a 245 with 30 lbs. Of boost and it was a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:39:50 PM by Optimiser »

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #842 on: May 28, 2017, 08:04:13 PM »
Bees.  I'd like at least a couple of hives to start.  I'm foreseeing $1000 honey.

dreams_and_discoveries

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #843 on: May 29, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »
Bees.  I'd like at least a couple of hives to start.  I'm foreseeing $1000 honey.

Ha !

My mum got bees for free, by letting a local bee keeper use her land to keep hives. She has lots of trees/plants that need pollinated that was a win/win, she got some honey of the honey, none of the hassle and the bee keeper could expand his swarms.

So if you can find a local expert that needs more space.

o2bfree

• Bristles
Re: Saved in the 11th hour!!!
« Reply #844 on: May 29, 2017, 07:56:14 AM »

Cool!  I really wanted to finance a new 4x4 sprinter van with high roof and long length, talked my self out of that kind of debt and ended up spending only 900.00 on an old ford g30 passenger van a few months ago. I live out of it 25 days a month.

Wow what a deal! You'll be growing quite a stach in that rig!

Ours is mostly for camping and hauling sports gear, and sometimes other stuff, so the setup is very basic. No sink or permanent stove setup, just sleeping and storage. In previous vans, DH put in one full-sized bed, with storage for camping and windsurfing gear underneath. Now we're trying two bunks with an aisle down the middle. He built them out of angle brackets, 2x2 wood stock, and plywood. Then behind the driver's seat there's a stack of three large plastic drawers with a small plywood table top. We'll add upholstery panels on the walls, doors and lid to give it a homier feel. Looking forward to a road trip for vacation this year!

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #845 on: May 30, 2017, 12:46:50 AM »
Next door neighbor just bought a Big Green Egg and using it for the first time on Sunday. I have been wanting one, but just can not justify the cost. Maybe when our Weber rusted out, we will get one.

Pigeon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #846 on: May 30, 2017, 07:58:47 AM »
A new Subaru Forrester with all the Eye Sight/lane change assist technology.

I live someplace with hard winters.  I hate driving, period, but especially in snow.  I have a 2010 Corolla that is dreadful in snow.  Before anyone tells me snow tires, etc., I have them.  They helped a bit, but that car still sucks in snow.  It replaced a 1998 Corolla that was pretty good in snow, go figure.

Normally, I would keep the Corolla for at least 5-6 more years, but I might spring for the Subaru and give the Toyota to my teen in a year or two.  We are FI and just inherited some money.  I'm thinking for the first time in my life, I might get a much nicer car than I've ever had.

teamzissou00

• Stubble
« Reply #847 on: May 30, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
Lego Ghostbuster Firehouse - you know, for the kids.

(I can never figure out the posting of pics - so here's for sure failed attempt #3)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/j4_zPFiAXsM/maxresdefault.jpg

EnjoyIt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #848 on: May 30, 2017, 02:43:50 PM »
Next door neighbor just bought a Big Green Egg and using it for the first time on Sunday. I have been wanting one, but just can not justify the cost. Maybe when our Weber rusted out, we will get one.

I have sad news for you Sequoia. Your Weber will not rust :(
I had a 15 year old weber hand me down that I eventually gave away before buying another weber with a few more burners since the small one was not large enough for our use.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #849 on: May 30, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »
Lego Ghostbuster Firehouse - you know, for the kids.

(I can never figure out the posting of pics - so here's for sure failed attempt #3)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/j4_zPFiAXsM/maxresdefault.jpg

I like it, but I would not buy it! We made the mistake of letting our six-year-old watch Ghostbusters and ever since, he's been afraid to go in the bathroom alone. He won't do it. Because a ghost could come out and get him, like the one that attacked the woman in her bathroom in the movie. So no, won't be tempted by that one. :o